Small Questions v 10022

Stubby

Is it known who those rangers were in Dance coldhands killed and Summer ate when he fought var amyr-one eye?5 men of the watch.

5 of the NW men who participated in the coup at Crasters. I don't believe they have been specifically identified, but they are 5 of the brothers who after the deaths of Craster and Mormont choose to stay at Crasters keep, since there was food there, and warmth and some safety

5 of the NW men who participated in the coup at Crasters. I don't believe they have been specifically identified, but they are 5 of the brothers who after the deaths of Craster and Mormont choose to stay at Crasters keep, since there was food there, and warmth and some safety

One was almost certainly that guy with one-hand... I forget his name though :p

(It's one of these days when I wish I had a ebook-reader ...) I recall Bran thinking how his father sometimes let people like Vayon Poole or Jory sit in the place of honor to his right. I don't remember which book it was in and if it was in one of Bran's chapters, so maybe some can help me out?

(It's one of these days when I wish I had a ebook-reader ...) I recall Bran thinking how his father sometimes let people like Vayon Poole or Jory sit in the place of honor to his right. I don't remember which book it was in and if it was in one of Bran's chapters, so maybe some can help me out?

It was Arya actually.

Her father used to say that a lord needed to eat with his men, if he hoped to keep them. “Know the men who follow you,” she heard him tell Robb once, “and let them know you. Don’t ask your men to die for a stranger.” At Winterfell, he always had an extra seat set at his own table, and every day a different man would be asked to join him. One night it would be Vayon Poole, and the talk would be coppers and bread stores and servants. The next time it would be Mikken, and her father would listen to him go on about armor and swords and how hot a forge should be and the best way to temper steel. Another day it might be Hullen with his endless horse talk, or Septon Chayle from the library, or Jory, or Ser Rodrik, or even Old Nan with her stories.

Do we know how Miles Toyne died?

No, that's not known. All that we know is that Myles Toyne died 4 years prior to aDwD, so roughly in 196 AC.

How do you know they were the deserters?from the one-hand guy?thanks for the answers:)

Well, they were from the NW, they were wearing black. The other people from the NW had returned to Castle Black, those who had stayed loyal and had survived.

The description of the one-handed guy matches with Ollo Lophand, who had a leading factor during the mutiny.

How do you know they were the deserters?from the one-hand guy?thanks for the answers:)

Well, they were from the NW, they were wearing black. The other people from the NW had returned to Castle Black, those who had stayed loyal and had survived.

The description of the one-handed guy matches with Ollo Lophand, who had a leading factor during the mutiny.

Just adding the quotes:

Sam

“Unhand her.” Mormont took a step. “I’ll have your head for this, you -” Garth of Greenaway

blocked his path, and Ollo Lophand yanked him back. They both had blades in hand. “Hold your

tongue,” Ollo warned. Instead the Lord Commander grabbed for his dagger. Ollo had only one

hand, but that was quick. He twisted free of the old man’s grasp, shoved the knife into

Mormont’s belly, and yanked it out again, all red. And then the world went mad.

And Bran

He went from man to man, sniffing, before settling on the biggest, a faceless thing who clutched

black iron in one hand. His other hand was missing, severed at the wrist, the stump bound up in leather.

True, there could be more one-handers in the wilds but Bran recognizes them as Black Brothers and I don't remember any other NW being one handed, at least not that would have been there at the time.

Robb clearly disinherited sansa and legitimized Jon but the proclamation will be subject to legal challenges and we'll have to who might enforce it.

Rob said he was going to make sure that people couldn't use Sansa and Arya to claim the North. It is likely that all claims but Jon where removed, but we have NOT SEEN HOW IT IS WORDED.

As to any legal challenges, He was an Outlaw as far as Baratheons (Lannisters) cared, so it wouldn't matter to anyone but his followers any way.

Would a Kraken be bigger than a giant squid or same size or animal? How big do leviathans in ASOIAF get too?

We don't know the answer to your question, all that we know of Kraken, squids sea Dragons and leviathans are bits and pieces of legends. Some real world legends have both Kraken and Leviathans as giant squids and giant octopuses... or both as squids.

It could be that one is a Colossal squid, and the other is a giant squid, or they all could just be legends.

First post, so please be gentle and all that.

1. Is there something more to the story of Jorah/Lynesse? Jorah says she should have refused him her favor, then that her father should have refused him her hand in marriage. So was there something wrong with her?

2. Did someone (like, say, Black Walder maybe) have something to do with Stevron's death? Since his wound was not thought serious, but he dies three days later.

3. Who was the Knight of Skulls and Kisses? (from the Knight of the Laughing Tree story)

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Archived