What does Mel want from Jon?

Mithras

To bang him well and good. And create more shadow asassins to kill Roose and Ramsay most probably.

Sorry to be blunt but that is her thing.

“Your Wall is a queer place, but there is power here, if you will use it. Power in you, and in this beast. You resist it, and that is your mistake. Embrace it. Use it.”

I am not a wolf, he thought. “And how would I do that?”

“I can show you.” Melisandre draped one slender arm over Ghost, and the direwolf licked her face. “The Lord of Light in his wisdom made us male and female, two parts of a greater whole. In our joining there is power. Power to make life. Power to make light. Power to cast shadows.”

Her intentions are very clear to us.

Take my hand,” she said again, “and let me save your sister.”

This should be read as "bang me and I will spawn a shadow to kill Ramsay"

He does not love me, will never love me, but he will make use of me. Well and good. Melisandre had danced the same dance with Stannis Baratheon, back in the beginning.

Mel wishes Jon makes use of her well and good. Thanks to the TV show, we know how Mel danced with Stannis.

With Stannis gone, her bed saw little use.

Seems like Stannis and Mel were dancing on a regular basis. Some people really have a wrong opinion about Stannis. He is not a harsh Ned. He cheats and deceives and gives up the law when it suits him but does his best to conceal it. Surely you can argue that Stannis is acting like a gallant knight here, saving the maid from terrible nightmares should she sleep. And how can she stay awake all the night? Marla-Tyler Durden v2.0? I dont think that is the case. Stannis wants to bang Mel and he does that. Which of us would not do the same?

Stannis had left a dozen of his men behind to serve her when he marched south, but most of them were useless. His Grace had need of every sword, so all he could spare were greybeards and cripples. One man had been blinded by a blow to his head in the battle by the Wall, another lamed when his falling horse crushed his legs. Her serjeant had lost an arm to a giant’s club. Three of her guard were geldings that Stannis had castrated for raping wildling women. She had two drunkards and a craven too. The last should have been hanged, as the king himself admitted, but he came from a noble family, and his father and brothers had been stalwart from the first.

This is another example. Stannis did not hang the man who deserved to be hanged.

It was Jon Snow she needed, not fried bread and bacon, but it was no use sending Devan to the lord commander. He would not come to her summons. Snow still chose to dwell behind the armory, in a pair of modest rooms previously occupied by the Watch’s late blacksmith. Perhaps he did not think himself worthy of the King’s Tower, or perhaps he did not care. That was his mistake, the false humility of youth that is itself a sort of pride. It was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.

The boy was not entirely naive, however. He knew better than to come to Melisandre’s chambers like a supplicant, insisting she come to him instead should she have need of words with him. And oft as not, when she did come, he would keep her waiting or refuse to see her. That much, at least, was shrewd.

She is acting like a teen here, obsessing with some cool guy, complaning about how he didnot return to his text messages, producing complex theories about him, all of which are utterly BS, etc. The girls like it when a boy rejects them. This gives them something to obsess with, which what Mel is doing wtih Jon.

I'd add that longterm she wants someone to make shadowbabies with to destroy Others.

She says that her strength at the Wall is such that she could make shadows no darkness could stand against.

(someone find that damn quote for me pls).

She was stronger at the Wall, stronger even than in Asshai. Her every word and gesture was more potent, and she could do things that she had never done before. Such shadows as I bring forth here will be terrible, and no creature of the dark will stand before them.

She also proposed to Davos too but she has zero chance with him.

I swear, if Jon gives in to Mel and allows her to corrupt him as she corrupted Stannis, I'll lose all respect for him. He can sleep with Ygritte, Val, Satin, even Dany and I'd be ok with it, but Mel is so creeptastic and so obviously bad news... just thinking about it makes me shudder.

I swear, if Jon gives in to Mel and allows her to corrupt him as she corrupted Stannis, I'll lose all respect for him. He can sleep with Ygritte, Val, Satin, even Dany and I'd be ok with it, but Mel is so creeptastic and so obviously bad news... just thinking about it makes me shudder.

http://meereeneseblot.wordpress.com/2013/11/03/other-wars-part-vi-three-questions-about-jons-future/

it does seem like Jon will have more trust in Mel and her visions when he "comes back"..

Geez, people give Stannis shit when he does and doesn't execute people.

Lol yea that's a little ridiculous. That quote shows he gelded some rapists that deserved it, but gets shit because he didn't hang a craven. The guy was a noble, that's kind of a big deal for them.

I don't believe that Jon would have more trust in her or her visions when he comes back. I think that if anything he will loath her even more. Here's my reasoning everything that Mel stands for is about the Lord of Light. As the old gods own champion so to speak he can no more turn to Mel than he could burn the weirwood tree in Winterfell's godwood. Jon is so northern that when he pisses it's snow. He may make use of the red whore but he won't trust that bitch that's what he's got Val for. 'Side Jon has more in common with Val than Mel.

She also proposed to Davos too but she has zero chance with him.

The same can be said for Jon as Davos is Ned-lite while Jon was raised by Ned.

http://meereeneseblot.wordpress.com/2013/11/03/other-wars-part-vi-three-questions-about-jons-future/

it does seem like Jon will have more trust in Mel and her visions when he "comes back"..

I think Jon will have learned his lesson about where Mel's kind of modus operandi leads him, I think he will have learned not to stick his hand in the fire.

Mel often and easily lies.

Food. Yes, I should eat. Some days she forgot. R’hllor provided her with all the nourishment her body needed, but that was something best concealed from mortal men.

“The vision was a true one. It was my reading that was false. I am as mortal as you, Jon Snow. All mortals err."

First she speaks like an immortal and then she tries to cover her failure by saying she misiterpreted the vision.

By the way, it is highly probable that Mel is undead like Beric or LS. She was resurrected at least once. Is the bolded part some kind of foreshadowing for Jon to be resurrected as well?

Archived