What does Mel want from Jon?

Mithras

I swear, if Jon gives in to Mel and allows her to corrupt him as she corrupted Stannis, I'll lose all respect for him. He can sleep with Ygritte, Val, Satin, even Dany and I'd be ok with it, but Mel is so creeptastic and so obviously bad news... just thinking about it makes me shudder.

It's plausible that she'll play an important role in healing/resurrecting Jon. Someone in his position would doubtless feel a considerable amount of gratitude towards her, as a result.

Alternatively, she might just take advantage of him while he's unconscious.

I just don't want it happening while he's unconscious and not really aware of what's going on, I don't even want Mel to stroke his arm while he's unconscious or his dead body.

She could always say it was a part of the healing magic.

She also proposed to Davos too but she has zero chance with him.

I suspect she's already danced with Mance Rayder.

During her POV chapter he comments that the ruby she's attached to his wrist feels "like a woman's kiss. Your kiss."

Mance is a man with a strong life force, so it's logical she'd make the same offer to him that she did to Davos and Jon. Given that the alternative for Mance was being burned alive, that's a choice that makes itself.

That leads on to some interesting speculation. Mance was glamoured as Rattleshirt, and vice versa. Rattleshirt seems to have had no idea that he was going to be burned, up till the point he was led to the cage above the firepit. I wonder what promises Melisandre made to Rattleshirt that made him agree to the glamouring.

This is another example. Stannis did not hang the man who deserved to be hanged.

Yup he is no Robb, who would behead him anyway and lose support over it like with the Karstarks.

I just don't want it happening while he's unconscious and not really aware of what's going on, I don't even want Mel to stroke his arm while he's unconscious or his dead body.

You want Mel to rape Jon? I'm not sure that would work, you have to give yourself to the Lord of Light, not be taken IMO.

Jon will probably give more credit to Mel's her visions when/if he wakes up, but that doesn't mean he will sleep with her. Hopefully.

It all depends on his future experiences. If he can interact with the old gods, he won't become Mel's new Stannis. If Mel is the one to ressurect him, he will feel in debt.

I don't think Mel's main interest is sexual intercourse. She wants to have power over him, and sex is one way to have it, but no the only one. If he trusts her, asks her for advise, welcomes her in his inner circle, she might feel satisfied. Might....

o

I think Jon will have learned his lesson about where Mel's kind of modus operandi leads him, I think he will have learned not to stick his hand in the fire.

i will like to think so too.. but the quotes presented are compelling. More so, if Jon thinks Melisandre is responsable for him coming back..even if she really isn´t, he might trust her even more...

It would be fully in keeping with the spirit of the series, though.

Jon would wake to find Mel looking very smug.

It'd also be another little nod towards Tad Williams' series Memory Sorrow and Thorn...

February 08, 1999
Tad Williams

[summary: Dan Kenny noted 'the two brothers' (Josua and Elias, sons of Lord Willum of Renly's court) was an obvious nod to Tad Williams. At first he was concerned that it wasa rip-off, but then thought it was more likely a friendly nod.]

Definitely. I was a huge fan of Tad's MEMORY, SORROW, AND THORN -- in fact, I doubt I would ever have written my own series without the inspiration his provided.

There are a number of other "nods" to my favorite fantasy authors buried in the books as well.

from http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Month/1999/02/

Mel doesn't want Jon at all, she wants him to introduce her to Tormund. Har!

Maybe the Craven's life was the reward his brothers received for their stalwartness?

I doubt if Tormund would hesitate if he was offered "such pleasure as you have never experienced" with Melisandre.

Archived