The World of Ice and Fire App Canon

Yukle

Two quick points:

Is the official World of Ice and Fire app considered to be canon?

For instance, it explicitly states in Robb's entry that his marriage to Jeyne was orchestrated by Tywin and Sybelle, which I considered a theory (and one that, I admit, I don't like).

And a second quick point:

This is nitpicking in an otherwise sensational resource, but sometimes it says "lead" instead of "led." For instance, on Lyanna's entry, it says as part of a past tense sentence, "and eventually led to Rhaegar's abduction of Lyanna - which, in turn, lead to Robert's Rebellion."

But it's a great and brilliant app, and it summarises everything really well! :D Especially the way you can use the maps to find places, or find places by description, read about them, and then have them located for you on a map! :D

So the official George and his publisher approved World of Ice and Fire app is available. I can attest to the fact that he personally worked on this project, because I sat and took notes as we went over hundreds of questions on random Ice and Fire arcana. No, it didn't delay Winds of Winter. I made him do it while he ate lunch. Yes, he complains when I make him work during lunch.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/301556.html

So he approved it in some sense. Still I heard there were a few mistakes. I believe Robert Baratheon was originally listed as having been born on the Dothraki Sea. Clearly Martin hasn't combed every page looking for mistakes and false assumptions.

What other favors could Tywin have been referring to that Sybelle had done for him?

Making Jeyne drink Moon Tea, I suppose.

Not that it matters, it seems. I think I'll conveniently ignore the offending theories I don't like and stick with my versions, even if the canon contradicts it. :P

Which means that if R+L=J is not true, then I am going to still say that it is because it's just better.

Archived