Theon being tortured?

Kaguya

I watched all the seasons before reading and i am currently 400 pages in ASOS and i haven't got any Theon chapters yet i noticed, and in the show he gets tortured pretty early from what i remember? Is it set out differently in the book?

Yeah, it's handled differently in the show, which probably is somewhat of a spoiler for the books.

In the books you first only get hints of what might have been happening (skin samples etc.), but later in ADWD you find out what HBO shows on-screen (and more) using flashbacks and internal monologue.

Dude, the Theon chapters are messed up. I think they introduced the concept of Reek a little early on the show, and judging frm the trailer im not sure how they will go about it.

All I know is, I really hope they dont censor the punishment he endures, people need to see and feel what George conveys in adwd.

• 5 weeks later...

I've heard that a lot of the Ramsay/Theon/Reek story has been brought, rather far, forward in the series. However, there are multiple mentions of him being flayed/tortured in aSoS (eg, Roose showing Catelyn a piece of Theon's skin prior to the Red Wedding), and obviously they didn't want to rid an entire series, or two, or three, of Theon, and only have him spoken about.

I still don't get why they felt the need to rush that storyline, or miss key points from it, but I guess they needed to tie things together neatly.The arc with these two is one of those that I find most interesting, precisely because I found it so harrowing to read the gossip of Ramsay's escapades in aCoK, and quite upsetting to read Theon... and, judging by the show, this is to get a lot worse once another Theon chapter eventually turns up. There are a number of things bothering me with the way it's been portrayed already in the series, and I just hope that it isn't totally messed up... the fact that so many who are only show-watchers who hate Theon and think he deserved what is coming is testament to this. Leaving out Ramsay from Winterfell was a mistake, as was leaving out Lady Hornwood, and show-watchers aren't going to have a clue where 'Reek' came from, in my opinion... and only serves to make Ramsay look better, and Theon look worse.

Archived