World of Ice and Fire App not on Android?

HMR

Hey, just wondering, I know this app is available for apple devices, but I couldn't find it on the Android market?

Is it not available? Seems strange, seeing how Android is the biggest mobile device operating system in the world :S

EDIT: I just found an app called "A Game of Thrones Guide" by Random House LLC, is that the Android counterpart of the app?

Yep, the A Game of Thrones Guide from Random House is the android version of the app.

I'll note a significant update -- one of particular interest to the fans of a The Lands of Ice and Fire and the new foreign locales it revealed -- is in the works for release some time in the Spring.

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, the A Game of Thrones Guide from Random House is the android version of the app.

I'll note a significant update -- one of particular interest to the fans of a The Lands of Ice and Fire and the new foreign locales it revealed -- is in the works for release some time in the Spring.

I have an Android Phone, bought it recently. Accordig to the Not a Blog of GRRM where the app was first discussed, it's available in my country. I also checked on the computer, and I meet the minimum Android version requirements. Yet I cannot download it. I either get the message that it's not compatible with my phone, or that it's not available in my country. For as far as I can tell, however, I meet both requirements...

Is there anything I can do about this?

I live in the UK and can't find either app on Android by searching. I've also tried downloading it from the android app store via my computer to my phone with no results.

There was no reply when I emailed android either.

Though I´m uncapable of downloading and installing it, I can tell you how I found the app :)

I searched through the app store on my computer and, once I found it, listed it under my "whish list". Then, I went to the play store on my Phone and could find it now under my "whish list" (or "favorites", I don't know how it's called in the UK)

I think one issue is that I'm not sure it is actually supposed to be available in the UK, as I suspect Voyager UK has the rights to ASoIaF book apps there, rather than Random House. So that may explain why you're unable to install it, Rhaenys.

I think one issue is that I'm not sure it is actually supposed to be available in the UK, as I suspect Voyager UK has the rights to ASoIaF book apps there, rather than Random House. So that may explain why you're unable to install it, Rhaenys.

I'm in the Netherlands though, KCenturion in the UK :)

My Phone tells me the app is not available in my country, though GRRM's blog entry on the app stated the Netherlands as one of the countries it would be available...

Too bad...

Yeah I have an Android and live in UK, but can't get it.

When I try to select my device, it says "This item cannot be installed in your device's country", and when I add it to my wishlist on the phone, it similarly says "This item is not available in your country." This sucks :(

For those outside the US you must have the US Play Store in order to get the app. For this to work, make a search on youtube on how to get the us store. I used one of those when I was outside the US and worked perfectly. You can change proxy or use an app like hotspot shield to change or have an invisible ip address while you get the us store.

Anyways, remember if you are able to download the app, it is free, but if you want all the content open, you must purchase such content.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Ah god damn it - why can't people just figure out bloody international releases!

Because they don't want your money, presumably. They certainly aren't getting mine, even if I'm perfectly capable of circumventing the limitations, I'm not going to bother with it.

• 6 months later...

Archived