Tyrion vs. Odysseus

Mithras

I was thinking of exploring similarities between Tyrion and Odysseus. When I googled it, I've seen that somebody did it very nice. The article is here.

In addition to the parallels there, I can add that the trojan horse of Odysseus and the chain of Tyrion were practically same.

There is also one more thing in common. Odysseus at first did not want to join the Trojan War so he pretended as a madman in front of the emissaries of Agamemnon. Palamedes made a trick and put the son of Odysseus in front of the plough he is driving so Odysseus stopped the plough and revealed his sanity. Odysseus always held a grudge against the man and during the war, he accused the poor man of treason by a false letter he wrote. Pallamedes was stoned to death. I think this is a very close match to the singer Symon Silver Tongue who was butchered and made a bowl o'brown on Tyrion's command.

ETA: Odysseus suffered a lengthy and painful voyage to home only to find his wife surrounded by evil suitors. Tyrion may find Sansa in a similar condition when he returns to Westeros.

ETA 2: There is another wonderful post here

Archived