Game of Thrones Featurette Due February 9

Westeros

Seige of Mereen, Craster's keep. Wildlings raiding Mole's town. Tyrion's trial. Brienne's journey. A dragon killing someone? Oberyn's duel. Mountain joining the Gold Cloaks killing people?

yeah filler I suppose.

Okay, no need for sarcasm, I was legitimately wondering. And certain things like Oberyn's duel are one-off scenes, that should only take ten minutes at most. I'm more wondering what's going to be put in the 250 minutes that are between the purple wedding and the final three episodes. There's only about three hundred pages of ASoS left to adapt. Considering that season 3 adapted around seven hundred pages, and still had a lot of filler in it, I was suggesting that season 4 would have a lot of filler in between important events as well. Even more so than season 3, I'm willing to bet.

I'd just like to point out that they didn't show any new clip of Yarasha either....Anyone wanna get in my boat of her only doing one plot point this season?

Out of curiosity, what's everyone's problem with Daario? I see all over the place how they hate how over the top he is in the books, but now that he's not in the show, I see a lot of people criticizing his look. Personally, I think he's kind of cute. I didn't really think the first guy they had was all that attractive... :unsure:

And everyone's making all these gifs, but none for my main man, Oberyn? Come on, guys. :P

I think most people are just upset that he had to be recast. Some people can't understand it given that he had such a huge role, others think that unsullied won't be able to understand a different actor is playing the same character.

Then some probably are upset that he doesn't look as ridiculous as he does in the books.

I think the new guy looks more bad-ass than the last guy but whatever, Daario was always just meh to me.

Okay, no need for sarcasm, I was legitimately wondering. And certain things like Oberyn's duel are one-off scenes, that should only take ten minutes at most. I'm more wondering what's going to be put in the 250 minutes that are between the purple wedding and the final three episodes. There's only about three hundred pages of ASoS left to adapt. Considering that season 3 adapted around seven hundred pages, and still had a lot of filler in it, I was suggesting that season 4 would have a lot of filler in between important events as well. Even more so than season 3, I'm willing to bet.

Every second that Bran is on screen this year is DwDs material. Every second that Theon is on screen is as well.

Virtually every second that Brienne is on screen episode 2 is FFCs material.

~~~~~~~~~~

Sure you can claim that there's only 300 pages in Storm of Swords left to adapt, but those are some "thick" chapters and some pages from FFC and DwDs are going to be used too.

Plus the show will have scenes that aren't in the books due to us not having an Oberyn POV or Cersei or Margaery etc.

If you're defining filler as anything that doesn't happen in the books, then you're right. This season will have battles/scenes etc. that we don't see in the books.

because the show isn't limited by the PoV structure of the books and therefore it shouldn't handicap itself as such.

and yeah I am wondering what "big events" will happen 3-7 as well. I'm estimating over 1 fight/battle per episode this year if I count them up correctly so there will be a chance for more action than ever but as far as "episode 9" moments all season long? That seems quite a bit tricky to do.

Don't get me wrong there is probably almost enough of them to be one in each episode but idk timing it wouldn't make any sense.

Seige of Mereen, Craster's keep. Wildlings raiding Mole's town. Tyrion's trial. Brienne's journey. A dragon killing someone? Oberyn's duel. Mountain joining the Gold Cloaks killing people?

yeah filler I suppose.

I want to add Daario sex, naming of the dragons??, Theon and the Boltons storyline, Yara's storyline, The Vale, Night's Watch blah blah, Arya/Hound doing stuff, establishing Tommen, Stannis to Braavos..

I think the only problem is we just have no idea yet. It'll be good.. even if it's filler (s3's filler was good). But I think the difference this time will be events pushed forward in preparation for dealing with AFFC/ADWD faster in season 5. So not totally filler. It won't be putting the show's plot on hold, like Kings Landing & The Royal Wedding in S3.

I think Arya will get Needle earlier than Episode 8 as some are predicting.

Ep 10 - Arya sails to Essos

Ep 9 - No apperance

Ep 8 - Leaving Sandor for dead

Ep 7 - Travelling with a weakening Sandor. Practicing with Needle.

Ep 5 - gets Needle back. (Wouldn't be surprised if it happened even before Ep 5 as well, possibly as early as Ep 3)

Also I don't know why people are having such a strong reaction to the scene with Bran and the Tree. He isn't going to be doing all that much this season and that scene will be the critical point of his story this season.

So while several characters will get story from affc and adwd, Dany till the chaining of dragons, brienne I think till the fight where a dick dies, reek till the meeting of the two boltons. But with bran it looks like it will be the whole bran's story of ADWD. So in season 5 he must get story from winds of winter and goes much furter than everyone elses story. Any thoughts on this?

Looks incredible. There is arguably nothing that will equal the epicness of the Red Wedding or the Blackwater. But the difference is each of the three previous seasons have all built up towards one major crescendo. This year there are going to be so many god-damned high points. It is going to be absolutely epic.

Why the fuck does Ramsay have a girl chum? Is that a replacement for Reek? It makes no sense at all.

http://i62.tinypic.com/20sxhfp.png

Looks like that Myranda girl from last season, and given that there's a shot of a sobbing girl running through a tunnel, Ramsay covered in blood in a later scene, we could be seeing a substitute for Kyra rather than Reek.

Agreed that Jaime sparring with Bronn instead of Ilyn isn't ideal given he's a sellsword who hangs out with other blokes in bars and no amount of money could make sure of his silence, but given that Wilko Johnson isn't on the show Bronn is the next best option.

Looks like that Myranda girl from last season, and given that there's a shot of a sobbing girl running through a tunnel, Ramsay covered in blood in a later scene, we could be seeing a substitute for Kyra rather than Reek.

They seem to be very happy together. And actually, last season that Myranda girl helped Ramsay play his mindgames on Theon. IMO this is out of character, book Ramsay's only use for women is abusing them, I can't see him having a girl accomplice.

They seem to be very happy together. And actually, last season that Myranda girl helped Ramsay play his mindgames on Theon. IMO this is out of character, book Ramsay's only use for women is abusing them, I can't see him having a girl accomplice.

He'll probably take her on a hunting trip and then reveal that he's actually going to be hunting her.

Looks bloody amazing.

That shot of Drogon, holy s**t!

All the Tyrion, Jon, Jaime and Brienne scenes especially look excellent.

And Bronn is gonna be Jaime's sparing partner after all. That should be a barrel of laughs. :lol:

Maybe he's just grown bored of her?

He'll probably take her on a hunting trip and then reveal that he's actually going to be hunting her.

That was my thought when the character was announced to be returning.

Hmmm... can't spot Ciarán Hinds in any scenes , seems we know he shot some scenes last season that were saved for season 4.

But then the assault on the Wall still seems in post processing , shots from that look like production takes, I think we see Neil Marshall once?

Oddly a shot of Kate Dickie from season 1 , tho I thought remembering she had a few days of work for season 3 that were saved back, and that she was on set for season 4.

I could not spot Conleth Hill in the wedding scenes but he may have been there, whew! that guy really doesn't like any extra feature work or interviews, at least in 4 seasons now can't think of anything extra by him... tho Stephen Dillane who also disdains 'extras' has done some.

Surprised the loquacious Liam Cunningham didn't have quip , he seems to love these kind of things.

Kind of wish show runners and cast would stop saying "This season trumps, all seasons!" , what are they going to say about season 5? (6 and 7 , if we get them?).

ramsay is hunting the girl who we see sobbing and running threw the tunnel which is clearly dreadfort. I think he takes myranda along with him to hunt her her. Then when he gets back he kills myranda while they are having sex that's why he is coverd in blood. Both girls are killed by ramsay.

I think Drogon is probably about the right size. He is supposed to be able to eat a sheep at this point.

Drogon should be the size of a horse, just compare him to the pictures, he is a lot bigger. Quentyn plans to capture Viseryon and transport him in a cart, can you imagine the Drogon from those images fitting inside a cart?? No way. They are making him too big, too fast, just for the enjoyment of watchers. A dragon of that size is almost ready for war.

Archived