Game of Thrones Featurette Due February 9

Westeros

^Some people have guessed that its her riding away from the-ambiguously-fated Sandor.

BTW, can we take it as fact now that the Inn at the Crossroads will happen early on and that Sandor will be wounded at another time? Those stills from a few weeks ago showed him very un-wounded walking away from the Inn and Arya with Needle in her belt.

^At one of the cons she did with Rory and Jason Momoa she said that she's still riding on Stranger's neck this season, or at least for a part of it.

I do think we will see the Hound cry about Sansa. Maybe I'll eat my words on this one, but it would be a good moment. If a drunk or dying/apparently dying Sandor were to emotionally blurt something about her, I think it would work fine with show canon. In that brief shot in the trailer of the Hound punching someone out in the Inn, he looks to be drunkenly angry rather than just normally angry. If they show him getting drunk a lot that could give him cause to let his guard down more than we've seen thus far in the show.

Oh, I hope so. Let down his guard. Sob about the little bird. Make a million fans happy, why don't you, show. Maisie said Arya starts to like him, though. She finds a place in his heart. So she should look conflicted if that's the scene, too.

A million fans? I know you and your passion for SanSan counts as a thousand fans, but let's not assume it's that many, heh.

SanSan always creeped me out because the Hound is essentially an adult wanting to hook up with a teenager in the SanSan fantasy, right? I mean if he's a sympathetic paedophile, that'd probably give the character some more complexity but I'm not sure I'd like to fantasise about it...lets hope they show LF as apropriately creepy too because I'd hate the viewers starting to ship them...

SanSan always creeped me out because the Hound is essentially an adult wanting to hook up with a teenager in the SanSan fantasy, right? I mean if he's a sympathetic paedophile, that'd probably give the character some more complexity but I'm not sure I'd like to fantasise about it...lets hope they show LF as apropriately creepy too because I'd hate the viewers starting to ship them...

Le Cygne, where are you?

^She ain't back yet, but when she returns it will be vengeful.

I think SanSan will be addressed slightly this season from the Hound's view. Given that the showrunners have, what's it, 2 Arya chapters left to work with, they'll be expanding it however possible. One route to this is to have the Hound expound on his unrequited love and so on. I don't think Sansa will have the chance to mention Sandor, even if she would be inclined to. Her storyline will be busy enough, I think.

It does seem as though Arya and Sandor will be getting to the Vale in S4, so it looks like they're trying to tease the audience with an Stark sister reunion. Obviously Arya and The Hound won't know that Sansa is there, but it's a good opportunity to get some Sansa talk in there. Thematically I mean. Another thing that would be nice is to get the Hound's name. Unless it was mentioned during his trial by combat I'm pretty sure he's only gone by the Hound so far. Which is...odd to say the least.

^At one of the cons she did with Rory and Jason Momoa she said that she's still riding on Stranger's neck this season, or at least for a part of it.

I do think we will see the Hound cry about Sansa. Maybe I'll eat my words on this one, but it would be a good moment. If a drunk or dying/apparently dying Sandor were to emotionally blurt something about her, I think it would work fine with show canon. In that brief shot in the trailer of the Hound punching someone out in the Inn, he looks to be drunkenly angry rather than just normally angry. If they show him getting drunk a lot that could give him cause to let his guard down more than we've seen thus far in the show.

That was last scene she was talking about the scene where she knocks the guy unconscious before the RW when she had to ride "Stranger"

Apparently when she jumped of the horse she got her foot caught ended up upside down and looking like a fool.

I think SanSan will be addressed slightly this season from the Hound's view. Given that the showrunners have, what's it, 2 Arya chapters left to work with, they'll be expanding it however possible. One route to this is to have the Hound expound on his unrequited love and so on. I don't think Sansa will have the chance to mention Sandor, even if she would be inclined to. Her storyline will be busy enough, I think.

The Hound already mentioned her once to Arya, he might make a comment when he hears about her marriage and/or when Arya and him part ways.

Like Rory said himself, "it's too weird I been out drinking with her parents"

It does seem as though Arya and Sandor will be getting to the Vale in S4, so it looks like they're trying to tease the audience with an Stark sister reunion. Obviously Arya and The Hound won't know that Sansa is there, but it's a good opportunity to get some Sansa talk in there. Thematically I mean. Another thing that would be nice is to get the Hound's name. Unless it was mentioned during his trial by combat I'm pretty sure he's only gone by the Hound so far. Which is...odd to say the least.

Beric tells him after his trial "go in peace Sandor Clegane, the Lord of Light isn't done with you yet"

During his trial him and his brother are called by Clegane a few times

Thoros says to him "so good to see you again Clegane" at the inn at the crossroads when he rats on Arya.

I'm sure there's other times he's been called it. His brother has been called Clegane quite a few times.

Yeah, I think he'll talk about her, he has to. The scenes won't make a bit of sense if he doesn't. But it has to come from both directions, that's the way it was in the books. This is where a lot of her character development comes in to play.

Oh, and Rory said about love between them, "Yeah, there might be."

It is odd, and I think most people don't know his real name. In the books he used Arya calling him "Sandor" to show her feelings of conflict over the way she used to think about him, and the way she came to think of him. She did, after all, save his life at the inn...

Maybe they'll do that to get across this:

I think Arya kind of finds a small place in the Hound's heart, that she actually kind of likes him. And yeah, she's kind of getting there, I think. And they've got this uneasy relationship. So yeah, she's safe, I think, for now we can call her safe, but we'll see what happens.

http://watch.accesshollywood.com/video/game-of-thrones-season-4:-stark-children-preview-what%E2%80%99s-ahead/3081716229001

That word does not mean what you think it means.

pedophilia, also spelled paedophilia , psychosexual disorder in which an adult has sexual fantasies about or engages in sexual acts with a prepubescent child of the same or the opposite sex.

You may be confusing it with this:

Pedophilia is distinguished from hebephilia and ephebophilia, which involve sexual obsessions of postpubescent children or late-stage adolescents, respectively.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/448575/pedophilia

Sansa does not mention Sandor in the books, either. Who would she talk about him to? But unless one is completely clueless about writing for a visual medium, it is really not hard to convey that someone thinks about and has feelings for someone, without having them talk about this person. You can have someone mention him and have a closeup of her reaction. You can have her obviously think it's Sandor and be disappointed when it's someone else, as she did when Lothor Brune saved her in the book. You can have a dream scene or a fantasy scene. That's a really convenient way to show people's secret and (in the case of dream scenes) subconscious feelings and fantasies and has been used in film and TV a lot. They don't even have to stray from the books there, GRRM gave them a perfect opportunity with Sansa's stay at the Fingers (which may be the Vale in the show, if they have the Lysa/LF wedding there) where she actually has a dream about Sandor on the same night that she's listening to Lysa and LF have sex; just write a different dream scene, merge it with the UnKiss. There are lots of ways to show a person's thoughts and feelings without them talking about it to a confidante, if you're a competent writer.

They may not have wanted to explore that last season, when they had Sansa crushing on Loras while having to marry Tyrion and probably both didn't find it that important for the plot of season 3 and didn't want to confuse the audience. But there is a perfect opportunity to do that now, and the right time to do so, since they are probably going to tease the viewers with the possibility of Arya and Sandor meeting Sansa, since they are in physical proximity without any of them being aware of it. Sansa's feelings for Sandor are important and continue to be important for her development and state of mind while she is in Vale with LF.

Ok so Sandor's a hebephile then because he distinctly says to Arya that he wished would have had sex with Sansa just before Arya leaves him to die of his wounds. In any case if the shippers are right, he's at least somewhat attracted to women much younger than him.

Archived