Game of Thrones Featurette Due February 9

Westeros

I think Drogon is probably about the right size. He is supposed to be able to eat a sheep at this point.

Weren't we all worried the dragons wouldn't be big enough in Season 4? Seems like that problem's been dealt with. Drogon looks like he might be almost big enough to ride.

On whether Sansa's hair was being dyed in that bit with Sophie Turner in the hair/makeup chair...Sophie Turner took lots of pictures over the course of filming, and her hair colour was always red. Not to mention all the shots of her in the promos, especially the ones that are from late in the season, show her as having red hair.

my thoughts:

2. its kind of scary how much i want to see the scene where sansa listens in on littlefinger using his littlefinger on his new wife

The funny thing about that is the unsullied viewers will probably expect something bad to happen during Littlefinger's wedding given how the last 2 weddings ended. Instead they will be treated with "Petyr, oh Petyr, ohhhh PETYR!!!!"

:lol:

2. its kind of scary how much i want to see the scene where sansa listens in on littlefinger using his littlefinger on his new wife

I think that overhead shot of Sansa in her bed in the little stone room could be just that, although it's more likely Sansa waking up before the snow castle scene (...which I suspect will just be a snow scene, no castle building involved).

-Looks like they did have Sansa and LF stop off at the Fingers given the shot of her in the little room with the little bed. Getting to listen to LF and Lysa bang should be a highlight of the season

We knew that they were filming in Iceland, which would surely be Vale exterior stuff, so the Fingers seemed likely based on that. But I don't believe there was any indication Kate Dickie was there, which is why people have speculated that they may move the wedding itself to the Eyrie (which would also explain Royce and Waynwood being in this season).

That room Sansa is in also fits the description of her tiny living quarters at the Eyrie from the book (and the ornate window bars look like a similar style to the metalwork in the other Eyrie scenes), so I think it's her waking up before the snow castle scene.

The funny thing about that is the unsullied viewers will probably expect something bad to happen during Littlefinger's wedding given how the last 2 weddings ended. Instead they will be treated with "Petyr, oh Petyr, ohhhh PETYR!!!!"

:lol:

Well, Sansa gets sexually harassed again, so that saves it from being a completely harm-free event.

I think Drogon is probably about the right size. He is supposed to be able to eat a sheep at this point.

Don't know. He looks about the end of ADWD size to me, but it might just be a bad shot to guess the size.

That goat steals all the spotlight

I love how Sophie Turner glows when she talks about Jaime as her favourite character. Perhaps she has something of a crush?

I doubt that Jaime and Sansa will interact in Season 4-even though they really, really should in between Jaime's vow to return Sansa and Jaime being back in KL before the wedding--but I would like to see it very, very much, book canon be damned.

I'm looking forward to more Jaime/Tyrion interaction, even though it's off-book.

What I love

- The focus on Jon. Finally he looks to be becoming a great, badass character like he is in the book! Finally!

- Emilia seems to hint that the show will be keeping Astapor's chaos and Yunkai's war against her. This is a good sign. I was worried the show wouldn't include this.

- Speaking of Dany, wow, Meereen looks amazing. So glad they kept the pyramids.

- I'm glad that the show is keeping Dany losing control of the dragons, and more importantly Meereen. I was sure they'd whitewash over her problems.

- The scenes of Bran and co beyond the Wall look beautiful and like a painting.

- Tyrion escaping the black cells with Jaime.

- The shot of Oberyn and the Dornish arriving looks awesome.

- Tyrion's "guilt of being a dwarf" speech. Great moment from the book.

- The sets, costumes and cinematography in general looks even more amazing then usual

What I didn't like

- Arya's "nothing" speech. Stuuuuuuuupid and cringeworthy and trying too hard to be dramatic and profound.

- Jaime's hair (nothing new though) and I really preferred the old Kingsguard armour.

- I must be the only person who thinks Jaime sparring with Bronn is dumb and illogical.

- Daario's cheesy spin. Urgh....

- Why the fuck does Maisie keep insisting the good guys are now winning? They aren't. They're just not losing as bad.

- And most importantly WHERE IS STANNIS?!?!?!?!?

Overall, good preview. I'm moderately excited, but very cautiously optimistic. I was very excited for season 3 as well....

I have only read the first 3 pages, but I'm guessing that Ramsay was raping a girl and she was fighting, hence the cuts.

I'm wondering if Bran's new hair mean something. Maybe they just gave him an auburn wig to show that he hasn't had a haircut for a long time. But I wonder if it's something more important.

Newstar, I just meant Sophie.

As for this Bran hair business, its colour is only really sore-thumb like in the interviews with Isaac. When all is lit and processed and edited though, as in the shots of him that we've seen (few as they may have been), he looks much more normal. This tends to be the case. Actors makeup in particular can look a bit much in on the set interviews, while on screen it looks normal.

Any guesses as to who LF is talking to at 3:18? He has an extra creepy grin. In the other shot, the one with Sansa, he seems to be trying not to be creepy, but the creepiness is till pouring out of him...

I love how Sophie Turner glows when she talks about Jaime as her favourite character. Perhaps she has something of a crush?

I doubt that Jaime and Sansa will interact in Season 4-even though they really, really should in between Jaime's vow to return Sansa and Jaime being back in KL before the wedding--but I would like to see it very, very much, book canon be damned.

I'm looking forward to more Jaime/Tyrion interaction, even though it's off-book.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, Sophie already said Jaime was her favorite character something like a year or two ago (and with that same smile), despite not having had any scenes with him. It's not like she doesn't get to watch the show and can only notice Jaime if Sansa has scenes with him.

- I must be the only person who thinks Jaime sparring with Bronn is dumb and illogical.

- Why the fuck does Maisie keep insisting the good guys are now winning? They aren't. They're just not losing as bad.

She's only a kid, calm down. Anyway, it may just give some Unsullied a false sense of security. Which is pretty funny.

How is Jaime sparring with Bronn dumb and illogical?

It's dumb and illogical because, unlike Illyn Payne, he can talk. Jaime chose to fight with Payne because he couldn't tell anyone that he's worthless with a sword. And what made their fights interesting is that Jaime would reveal so much about his life knowing that Payne cannot tell anyone. He can't do that with Bronn.

If they can get Drogon right, surely they can make the direwolves even more badass looking. Let them have their moments and fight scenes damnit.

Really excited to watch Ramsay. This guy should be taking over Joffreys spot as top villain soon enough. Unless peeps still wanna hate on Walder and Roose for the RW.

I dont know why they dont give the Boltons any pink and red costumes though, at least now and then.

Archived