Winds of winter is "almost certainly years away".

Dendummenumse

I think the fact that the twitter conversation is now gone says something. She obviously said something that either Martin or someone else wasn't to happy about.

That does make me hopeful. It could mean that GRRM personally hasn't ruled out releasing it this year.

More likely he doesn't want his publisher discussing it at all and he just can't be bothered with the massive internet frenzy that's heading his way.

That does make me hopeful. It could mean that GRRM personally hasn't ruled out releasing it this year.

More likely he doesn't want his publisher discussing it at all and he just can't be bothered with the massive internet frenzy that's heading his way.

I'm not saying that it is a sign that it will be out this year, just saying that it now looks like she was either not supposed to let every one know how slow things were going so they took it down or she is covering for Robin Hobb.

just wait until GRRM is asked how much of the Winds of Winter he's written at the season 4 premier and he still says a quarter of the book, ha ha ha

you really have to love those side projects, ha ha ha

ummm.. the cocteau is taking quite a bit of his time - I'd call that a side project, personally... or rather - I'd call Winds a side project at this point... Fortunately, Raymond Feist has a new book coming out this spring, and it's the first in a new trilogy (or tetrology, I don't really remember which)...

ummm.. the cocteau is taking quite a bit of his time - I'd call that a side project, personally...

Well. That all depends on information we don't know. It's possible that he could be spending lots of time on it, but I very much doubt it. More likely it's a fun project that gives to back to his community and so he enjoys blogging about it.

Anything is possible, however.

Honestly, this could mean anything including nothing. Accounts of people like that are often handled by underlings. This could easily be a screw-up of a community manager who decided to talk about things he didn't know. Stuff like that happens.

Or it could also easily have been actually her who said that. In that case, was it locked and taken down because 2014 isn't ruled out yet? Or was simply because she can't say anything about it, wether what she says is true or false? Was it because it was true and they don't want us to know? It could be anything really, really. I hope the internet doesn't go crazy over this.

ummm.. the cocteau is taking quite a bit of his time - I'd call that a side project, personally... or rather - I'd call Winds a side project at this point... Fortunately, Raymond Feist has a new book coming out this spring, and it's the first in a new trilogy (or tetrology, I don't really remember which)...

He is actually not directly managing the Cocteau, some other people are doing that for him, so it doesn't take up that much of his time. And we really can't say that Winds is a 'side project' when we have no idea of how the progress is going. As far as I'm concerned, he could have strapped himself to a chair to finish it that we wouldn't know.

Honestly, this could mean anything including nothing. Accounts of people like that are often handled by underlings. This could easily be a screw-up of a community manager who decided to talk about things he didn't know. Stuff like that happens.

Or it could also easily have been actually her who said that. In that case, was it locked and taken down because 2014 isn't ruled out yet? Or was simply because she can't say anything about it, wether what she says is true or false? Was it because it was true and they don't want us to know? It could be anything really, really. I hope the internet doesn't go crazy over this.

Exactly, plus if you go to her twitter page her tweet about it definitely not coming out this year was still there last I looked so unfortunately I think 2014 is very unlikely.

Well. That all depends on information we don't know. It's possible that he could be spending lots of time on it, but I very much doubt it. More likely it's a fun project that gives to back to his community and so he enjoys blogging about it.

Anything is possible, however.

Well... The only real information we DO have is what grrm gives us, and all he talks about is the cocteau and this event with that person coming and that event with this person coming and he'll see you all there... and remember - the last real word out of him about Winds, in his blog, anyway, was over a year ago... count the cocteau posts some time, if you don't want to get overly pessimistic about when (or if) Winds will be done...

Archived