Daenerys the betrayer

Guess who's back

I cant believe that everyone is absolutely okay with the sack of Astapor and the unsullied deal. People are even saying that it is one of the greatest moments of the books?! I actually felt bad about the slavers and everyone in the city.

Even the slavers had more dignity than her. If this is how Dany is about to handle deals, I don't think anyone is ever going to trust her.

Yes, cannot help but cry over such amazing culture, barbarously destroyed. The Astapori didn't sell Dany the Unsullied to wage war, for Pete's sake! That's not their purpose!

So you are okey with mass murder?If it is someone you label as evil then it is okey to do anything you want?I hate do this but to Hitler that evil was jews how is it any different then your point of view?

So you are okey with mass murder?If it is someone you label as evil then it is okey to do anything you want?I hate do this but to Hitler that evil was jews how is it any different then your point of view?

The Jews weren't responsible for thousands of dead babies, and castrated slave soldiers.

The Good Masters that we encountered were a pretty revolting bunch of people. There's no need to weep for them.

The extent of the massacre went beyond the needs of war, however, in my opinion. And the aftermath of it was dreadful.

The Good Masters that we encountered were a pretty revolting bunch of people. There's no need to weep for them.

The extent of the massacre went beyond the needs of war, however, in my opinion. And the aftermath of it was dreadful.

This!!!!!Where is that like button?

Dany goes on and orders mass destruction then she goes on and acts all mighty.

The Jews weren't responsible for thousands of dead babies, and castrated slave soldiers.

It is about your view of your enemy.To us slavers are evil(yes some of them are evil but what about the rest)By your definition Dany herself had to die because her ancestors were the biggest slavers of them all.

If this is how Dany is about to handle deals, I don't think anyone is ever going to trust her.

I think wondering about the effect these actions will have on her diplomatic prospects is fair, but I think it's important to note that doing things this way actually did make her seem trustworthy to a great deal of people: the slaves.

It's clear that the slaver class doesn't really trust her, but because she's taken such a stand against the slavers, she's earned the love of the slaves, and word of her virtue as a liberator is spreading. People are definitely willing to work with her, just not the ones we tend to focus on at the head of governments--these actions kind of cemented her as a popular hero.

This!!!!!Where is that like button?

Dany goes on and orders mass destruction then she goes on and acts all mighty.

It is about your view of your enemy.To us slavers are evil(yes some of them are evil but what about the rest)By your definition Dany herself had to die because her ancestors were the biggest slavers of them all.

I'd certainly describe those Slavers who were involved in the creation of the Unsullied, or throwing children into bear pits, to be evil. And, those free adults who made no objection to such things were, if not evil, certainly blameworthy.

Some form of punishment was justified. But, a wild massacre of the city's leaders and administrators, followed by leaving the place to fall into chaos, wasn't the way to go about it.

I'd certainly describe those Slavers who were involved in the creation of the Unsullied, or throwing children into bear pits, to be evil. And, those free adults who made no objection to such things were, if not evil, certainly blameworthy.

Some form of punishment was justified. But, a wild massacre of the city's leaders and administrators, followed by leaving the place to fall into chaos, wasn't the way to go about it.

That is my point punish all who are responsible but a massacre is as evil as the other things slavers did.

You are hardly alone in that estimate. I'm not sure which side is more numeous, but it's a close call either way. Especially with the longtimers.

I think wondering about the effect these actions will have on her diplomatic prospects is fair, but I think it's important to note that doing things this way actually did make her seem trustworthy to a great deal of people: the slaves.

It's clear that the slaver class doesn't really trust her, but because she's taken such a stand against the slavers, she's earned the love of the slaves, and word of her virtue as a liberator is spreading. People are definitely willing to work with her, just not the ones we tend to focus on at the head of governments--these actions kind of cemented her as a popular hero.

Which diplomatic prospects? In Essos, hardly anyone trusts her as far they can spit. And in Westeros.

Arianne is really worried about the accounts of Dany.

. Even Quentyn was worried, and he dismissed all the (true!) accounts of her untrustworthness as vile slander made up by the slavers.

In a way, Dany does appear as vile as the Freys - and that image will spread.

Archived