[BOOK SPOILERS] Watching the show if it overpasses the books [Part 2]

Stubby

^Aye. Like the fellow prompting that Cat be mercy-killed said, "Make an end."

Dear god, yes. Some people can devote their lives to one hobby...I can't. I want this to end before I lose interest and move onto something else.

Dear god, yes. Some people can devote their lives to one hobby...I can't. I want this to end before I lose interest and move onto something else.

Indeed. Resolve already. I think the fanbase is about as big as it's going to get - time to knock them out with a great ending and move along.

GRRM appears to have cleared his schedule and I read that he wouldn't commit to further travel or appearances until this book is done.

I also heard that but that was when GRRM was hoping to at least publish Winds before the show catches up. If season 6 airs before he's done who knows if he keeps to that or just gives up. For instance, his publisher and HBO will probably want him to make some appearances to promo season 7. It's completely possible he'll go for those.

I sometimes honestly think that GRRM should recognise that he has a problem and hire an official co-author for the last two books. Everyone needs help sometimes, and it's not a bad thing to admit that you need it.

As he is now, he feels almost like one of his own characters. Wrong, in a bad position, and refusing to do the sensible thing due to excessive pride/hubris.

Oh well. Here's hoping I'm wrong, as a person with my own mistakes and weaknesses I can't not feel sympathy for the man.

I also heard that but that was when GRRM was hoping to at least publish Winds before the show catches up. If season 6 airs before he's done who knows if he keeps to that or just gives up. For instance, his publisher and HBO will probably want him to make some appearances to promo season 7. It's completely possible he'll go for those.

It's possible Season 6 will premiere before Winds is out?

Its possible since we dont know how far GRRM is with it, however it could be out before, we simply dont know. The book is most likely going to be released in 2016 when? I dont know, but the majority of people may not get their hands on the book so it may be for a lot of people that s6 may come out before they get their hands on it, but thats just speculation so I dont know

I find the TV show really good so I can't wait for SPOILERS! And whenever TWoW/ADoS come out, I believe I will read it aswell with just as much as interest as before. Really enjoyed the books always but I want the ending now and if we get it in TV then bring it on!

I sometimes honestly think that GRRM should recognise that he has a problem and hire an official co-author for the last two books. Everyone needs help sometimes, and it's not a bad thing to admit that you need it.

As he is now, he feels almost like one of his own characters. Wrong, in a bad position, and refusing to do the sensible thing due to excessive pride/hubris.

Oh well. Here's hoping I'm wrong, as a person with my own mistakes and weaknesses I can't not feel sympathy for the man.

Agreed. With the pace AFFC/ADWD was written the only reason we shouldn't expect this story to continue on for the foreseeable future is his age. There is just no sense of urgency in wrapping this up/furthering the story, IMO.

Look at the assumed Battle of Ice and Battle of Fire for examples. Each of those instances told through the multiple POVs of characters involved in them could take up half of the book on its own. So then there's another half of the book to address JS/The Wall/impending others invasion, Arya/Bravos, Stoneheart vs. Jaime/riverlands, Cersei/KL, Aegon/KL, Sansa vs. LF/Vale, Sam/Oldtown, Davos/Rickon/Skagos, MIA characters - Bran, Blackfish, Darkstar, Benjen, etc...

Those are just characters/situations we (think) we know about. And I definitely missed some. It's just a crazy amount at this point in the story to start pulling them all together. No wonder it's taking him forever.

Look at the assumed Battle of Ice and Battle of Fire for examples. Each of those instances told through the multiple POVs of characters involved in them could take up half of the book on its own.

No way is the Battle of Ice going to be that big. There are only two POVs present, neither of them combatants at present (though Asha could be I suppose), and the battle is probably part of a fakeout.

I have a feeling they're holding back on how close Winds is to being finished so that they can release it concurrently with the start of season six (or maybe a month before). Having a big release event that also promotes the show means more money for everyone.

I have a feeling they're holding back on how close Winds is to being finished so that they can release it concurrently with the start of season six (or maybe a month before). Having a big release event that also promotes the show means more money for everyone.

It make sense and I would agree, if it wasn't for GRRMs track record.

Well Dave and Dan, and other episode writers are effectively doing this for him. From the moment a story arc overpasses the books it is the show that becomes the reference material for the books. Unless GRRM doesn't watch the show or read any of the scripts there is no way is thinking doesn't get influenced by what happens in the show. If it is unlikely that tWoW gets published before season 6 I think GRRM should become far more involved in the writing of the show and make sure certain plot points happen the way he wants them to happen in the books. And of course collaborating closely on writing the remaining seasons gives him a skeleton path for how to navigate the story through the remaining books, if he wants to use it as such.

I'm worried that Seasons 6 and 7 will see massive delays because of the books not being out.

Alright, cross my heart and hope to die, stick a dagger in my eye: What is it with you and the word "delay"? What is it about the idea of that word that frightens you so much?

The show is NOT going to be delayed because of the books not being out.

- D&D know how the story ends and where all the major characters are going.

- Season 5 is in post-production.

- Season 6 has already been confirmed by HBO and they will definitely NOT postpone their most successful show because someone is a slow writer.

- Season 7 is almost certain to be coming straight after that, unless season 5 ratings plummet so hard they pass right through the Earth's core.

So chill. Relax!

P. S.: And whatever some hardcore book fans would like to make you think on this forum: It is highly likely that the vast majority of GoT watchers have never read the books, so HBO will not give a damn about withholding seasons because of book spoilers.

Alright, cross my heart and hope to die, stick a dagger in my eye: What is it with you and the word "delay"? What is it about the idea of that word that frightens you so much?

The books are NOT going to be delayed because of the books not being out.

- D&D know how the story ends and where all the major characters are going.

- Season 5 is in post-production.

- Season 6 has already been confirmed by HBO and they will definitely NOT postpone their most successful show because someone is a slow writer.

- Season 7 is almost certain to be coming straight after that, unless season 5 ratings plummet so hard they pass right through the Earth's core.

So chill. Relax!

P. S.: And whatever some hardcore book fans would like to make you think on this forum: It is highly likely that the vast majority of GoT watchers have never read the books, so HBO will not give a damn about withholding seasons because of book spoilers.

This. All of this.

Archived