Boardology III: The truth about us

Mladen

mens rights

smh

Yes you are. Remember me, "Eadie's Knight of E-storm"? Of course, E-Storm is where it all started, when Ro-ro invited Pat to dance.

I could never forget you. I did forget who exactly was in our ship though, lol.

And Bran can do no wrong, Heathens

Bran is an angel but the Hodor thing does unnerve me a bit.

Oy.

You forget the Law of 163: All Dany discussions will inevitabbly, without fail be derailed by debates arguments wars free-for-alls about Astapor.

And whether or not Slaver's Bay's culture can be justified. :B

Rickon will make you remember the name

And Bran can do no wrong, Heathens

You say heathen as if it were a bad thing. :smug:

All posts by Mother of the Others require an experienced psychologist to understand.

MoTO's Law Of Insight: Despite how tricky Mother Of The Others' posts may be to interpret, they are indeed exceedingly wise and full of truths.

SweetnSour Robin's Rule: Anything and everything in Westeros can become a hip-hop song.

Dead Horse Law: Its been talked about. There are no new ideas. (this one may have been covered by one of the previous laws.)

Davos' Law: Even if the character is under 10 years old, there is no one, no one in the wide world of GRRTH whos more awesome and honorable than our very own Onion Knight. Attack him in any way shape or form, and prepare for the onslaught.

it seems to be kind of a rule that a moral defense is the go-to method to argue in favor of a character. I find this defense particularly hilarious in how it spawns thousands of threads arguing over the fine moral distinctions between various forms of torture, adjacently to some very frank and earnest debates trying to nail down exactly what qualifies as the "right" reasons for using torture.

I guess, what makes the "moral defense go- to" even weirder is the fact that moral rectitude hardly seems like a major reason for liking characters. If we all actually cared about impeccable morality, Brienne would be everyone's favorite character.

My God (wo)man, this is Stormborn, with Bilbo after she's killed him out of mercy.

Hypno Dany. Enough said.

Florina Bolton's Law: (differs from the Stark version) If its morbid, chances are Florina is gonna like it. See also Rooting For The Empire. Go Aemond, Go Aemond, Go! :commie:

One thing I've noticed about this board.

There seems to be this ridiculous need to whitewash every last action of people's favorites.

It happens with every fanbase. Stannis, Dany, Jaime, Cat, Sansa, etc.

Like, its staggering how much people aren't willing to admit their favorites have flaws.

it seems to be kind of a rule that a moral defense is the go-to method to argue in favor of a character. I find this defense particularly hilarious in how it spawns thousands of threads arguing over the fine moral distinctions between various forms of torture, adjacently to some very frank and earnest debates trying to nail down exactly what qualifies as the "right" reasons for using torture.

I guess, what makes the "moral defense go- to" even weirder is the fact that moral rectitude hardly seems like a major reason for liking characters. If we all actually cared about impeccable morality, Brienne would be everyone's favorite character.

Good one I'm guilty myself

Archived