Boardology III: The truth about us

Mladen

Hypno Dany. Enough said.

Florina Bolton's Law: (differs from the Stark version) If its morbid, chances are Florina is gonna like it. See also Rooting For The Empire. Go Aemond, Go Aemond, Go! :commie:

Where are my dragons?Where are my dragons?Where are my dragons?Where are my dragons?Where are my dragons?Where are my dragons? OMFG I am blind!!!

Thanks... I am sorry, but you need to correct that... Darkstar is of known color... We can't allow grammar disarray and mistakes like that.

Haha yes that is my bad, stupid smartphone doesn't have the font options. That makes for three cardinal rules about D-rkstar.

Motion to amend the Everyone Forgets Rickon? boardology law:

Those who do not forget about Rickon hail him as The Great Stark Hope who will grow up to re-propagate the bloodline and restore the Stark status as Lords Of Winterfell and/or Kings In The North.

Rickon's Blank Slate: since he's such a minor character and remains largely undefined, he is ascribed all sorts of future badass potential and mystical powers to eventually manifest, as a by-product of him being The Great Stark Hope.

He's either entirely forgettable or overwhelmingly significant to the future. As often is the case, there is no middle ground.

Let us not forget he is also the Great Walnut Crusher.

I'm still uncertain how there is no SourRobin law regarding Rickon and his many talents :dunno:

Well, let me throw some more contributions in here:

Addendum to Stark's Laws 1.3 -

Theory of Perpetual Squick: You can't discuss Tyrion without mentioning Sansa. You can't discuss Sansa without mentioning The Hound. You can't discuss the Hound without mentioning The Mountain. You can't discuss the Mountain without mentioning Tywin. You can't discuss Tywin without mentioning Tyrion. The process also works in reverse.

Stark's Laws #18:

Theory of Quantum Starkness Observation - Any discussion of innately Stark-ish (or Northern) characteristics will break down into two camps - those who believe such characteristics exist and can be observed, and those who believe such characteristics are essentially a myth and unobservable. In theory, the bias or perspective of the observer may determine whether they exist or not.

Law of Lee Harvey Mordane: If during the educational process Arya was belittled to the detriment of her self-esteem or Sansa made to follow overly conventional values, Septa Mordane is the scapegoat who will absorb most of the blame for this, not her employers (Catelyn and/or Ned).

Law of Small Council and Kingsguard Speculation Threads: At least one per week month, each.

Law of Troll Values Evangelism: There will always be someone willing to state how awesome and cool the following characters are, not despite their vile characteristics but because of them: Ramsay Snow, Roose Bolton, Tywin Lannister, Gregor Clegane, Euron Greyjoy, Qyburn, etc.

Law of Troll Values Evangelism - "Bitches Be Crazy" Exception: The same trolls will still not give praise to Cersei Lannister for her actions.

Law of Darkstar Efficacy: Any discussion about Darkstar being dangerous will inevitably result in someone denigrating him for failing to kill Myrcella outright.

Law of Bromantic Assumption:

It is simply not possible for two males to be universally regarded as just friends in the story - some people will always ship them.

Dothraki Laws:

Any discussion of the Dothraki will be divided between those who think a horde of 40-100k Dothraki would either wipe out all before them or ineffectually flail against men in armour.

Any discussion of Dothraki military engagements will have some posters who dwell on the following themes: lack of armour, seeming inability to cross oceans or engage in sieges, cultural statements about them being mindless plundering savages / unable to learn new things / unable to work with allies.

Septa Lemore Exclusion Act: The one person that Septa Lemore cannot be is Septa Lemore.

Someone will always question whether Tommen is Robert’s.

Really? I have not seen this occur yet.

MoTO's Law Of Insight: Despite how tricky Mother Of The Others' posts may be to interpret, they are indeed exceedingly wise and full of truths.

SweetnSour Robin's Rule: Anything and everything in Westeros can become a hip-hop song.

Dead Horse Law: Its been talked about. There are no new ideas. (this one may have been covered by one of the previous laws.)

Davos' Law: Even if the character is under 10 years old, there is no one, no one in the wide world of GRRTH whos more awesome and honorable than our very own Onion Knight. Attack him in any way shape or form, and prepare for the onslaught.

And this is why you got the separate edition :)

it seems to be kind of a rule that a moral defense is the go-to method to argue in favor of a character. I find this defense particularly hilarious in how it spawns thousands of threads arguing over the fine moral distinctions between various forms of torture, adjacently to some very frank and earnest debates trying to nail down exactly what qualifies as the "right" reasons for using torture.

I guess, what makes the "moral defense go- to" even weirder is the fact that moral rectitude hardly seems like a major reason for liking characters. If we all actually cared about impeccable morality, Brienne would be everyone's favorite character

I am ignorant on the topic... I defend only one tender, nice girl and occasionally her misunderstood mother...

But, I hear you and couldn't agree more...

Me.

So you are the Thor to my Loki? Huehuehue~ :leer:

Law of Troll Values Evangelism: There will always be someone willing to state how awesome and cool the following characters are, not despite their vile characteristics but because of them: Ramsay Snow, Roose Bolton, Tywin Lannister, Gregor Clegane, Euron Greyjoy, Qyburn, etc.

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Law Of Warrior Discussion: Discussions about whos better than who on the battlefield, and even whos got the bigger army, or best weapons, always pop up. To the point where they are tiered as if they were video game characters.

So you are the Thor to my Loki? Huehuehue~ :leer:

More like, we have just the right amount of difference in our opinions to star in of those start-as-enemies-and-fall-in-love-once-we-realise-we're-not-that-different romcoms without delving into weird/creepy territory.

Also, I'm greedy and want all the posters.

Addendum to Stark's Laws 1.3 -

Theory of Perpetual Squick: You can't discuss Tyrion without mentioning Sansa. You can't discuss Sansa without mentioning The Hound. You can't discuss the Hound without mentioning The Mountin. You can't discuss the Mountain without Tywin. You can't discuss Tywin without mentioning Tyrion. The process also works in reverse.

:bowdown:

Oh, another Stark law I did not see (of course I cannot phrase this right, but you get the idea):

In any discussion about Northmen, someone will always claim how the Starks and Northerners are so much more honorable than others, and then at least five other people will correct him or her, saying how this honor comes from Ned's time with Jon Arryn, and this will lead to people blaming everything on Ned'd honor and that he should have been more like the Starks of old.

More like, we have just the right amount of difference in our opinions to star in of those start-as-enemies-and-fall-in-love-once-we-realise-we're-not-that-different romcoms without delving into weird/creepy territory.

Also, I'm greedy and want all the posters.

Awwww....Pity that. :P

<3

Religion Rule/Old Gods' Law: Any discussion about the religions of GRRTH always boil down to the following:

The Seven are bollocks and arent real in any shape or form.

R'hllor may or may not actually exist. If he does, he is the Great Other. If he doesnt, its just A Wizard Did It.

Old Gods are best gods and have been revealed to have some sort of weird power. (Hint: Its dudes in trees)

:bowdown:

Oh, another Stark law I did not see (of course I cannot phrase this right, but you get the idea):

In any discussion about Northmen, someone will always claim how the Starks and Northerners are so much more honorable than others, and then at least five other people will correct him or her, saying how this honor comes from Ned's time with Jon Arryn, and this will lead to people blaming everything on Ned'd honor and that he should have been more like the Starks of old.

Well, TBH, it is annoying enough to hear those claims about Northern moral superiority in the first place

If you don't admire Lyanna Mormont or Wylla Manderly, you are completely clueless and your opinion regarding anything should be disregarded.

You simply can't say Sansa and Arya share one characteristic... They are complete opposites, deal with it, and don't you dare question it.

It is fine to hate a female character as long as you love other female character.

Kinslaying is unforgivable crimes, except for Stannis, and Tyrion, and for future reference Sandor and Jaime...

Archived