Anyone else upset about this?

I thought the RW would've been so much better with the Umbers. Anyone who's read the book knows the Freys trying to get the GreatJon drunk and SmallJon saving then dieing for Robb would have made this episode so much better! Was it just me or did the lack of notable Northmen allies make Robb look that much vulnerable going into the Twins? I think having the GreatJon with his son next to Robb would have made everyone believe he was that much more protected. And it would have made the episode that much more epic!

Could it have been better/more true to the book? Sure...but if you watch the reactions of people who did not know what was going to happen, had not read the books I think they show that how it was portrayed was plenty accurate. I thought they did a great job of it - I would have liked to have seen some things different out of personal taste but they nailed what the scene meant and what it was supposed to do.

I second Coral's point. Specially with the twist regarding Talysa.

Some of the things in the book wouldn't translate properly. People already complain having a hard time with too many characters to remember (the dad meme who didn't know any names was great).

The absence is understandable given the shows limitations.

But you have to wonder if show-Robb was able to instill any loyalty in anyone? There are no loyal bannerman at his side. No one dying bravely in his defense. Does the north love him? you wouldn't think so since everyone with a name worth knowing either betrays him, commits treason or simply just abandons him and disappears without mention.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Obviously, the serie cannot be like the book, I mean not in details. If they just add a new character, it would be more expensive. Don't forget that it's not a movie with big means. I'm upset about that but it's still the best way to relate the book.

Archived