Stills from Season 4

Westeros

They'll give Stan his due. As they did Jaime. If only because it is necessary for Jon's arc, but they'll have him offer Winterfell, which WILL make people like him. Even if they have him be brusque, impatient etc., that scene will still make him admirable. Also seeing him fight again. It was Neil Marshall's idea for Stannis to be Mr. Front Lines badass in Blackwater, mind you. Guess who's directing our battle of the Wall. I think we'll see a reprisal of that.

As for Bran, his storyline will be more interesting this year then any year prior. If reports are right, he'll be captured in Craster's (that's not confirmed), likely encounter wights and maybe even Coldhands still and then COTF and Bloodraven. They might undersell it now but it will pay off by the end of the season.

New Daario seems more like a real person, as opposed to a cartoonish idea of a person like Book!Daario. I'm glad they kept his styling natural and didn't attempt any outlandish wigs. Not only does it work better for the actor's looks, but I also appreciate any and all efforts across the board to keep the campiness of the costumes/hair/makeup on this show at a minimum. The show's campy enough without costume/wig ridiculousness; it's perilously close to Xena: Warrior Princess-level camp as it is. They should tone down whatever can be toned down, and New Daario is visually at least a toned-down version of his book self and of his former TV self.

Though meanwhile...

Hizdar looks like Screech.

I do hope we see more of them... Just give me a promo pic or still of Stannis in armor + fur coat and I'm one happy camper ^_^

And a legit beard too!!! I'm a straight guy, but seriously, Stannis in full armour and furs with a beard.... dayum.

Also StantheMan, if we get another season of Bolton nastiness and shenanigans and then in ep. 10 Stannis says he's going to march on them, that will likely be enough to earn the doubters' respect. Also in show canon, he is more worried about the WW threat than the Wildlings so arguably his reasons to unite the North behind him are more moral and less self-serving than his book counterpart.

Perhaps I read and interpreted them wrong, but Oberyn and Ellaria's faces aren't quite what I was expecting. I'm definitely not disappointed though - they, like others have said, look fierce. And they perfectly portray the Dornish look (or what I imagine it to be). Very much looking forward to seeing them act.

I unfortunately saw the previous Daario before I read about him in the books and I just couldn't picture the book Daario - all I could see was Ed Skrein. Therefore I can't really comment on which actor is more appropriate for the role. I did, however, prefer the look of Ed Skrein!

God I'm looking forward to the Arya/Hound scenes!

They'll give Stan his due. As they did Jaime. If only because it is necessary for Jon's arc, but they'll have him offer Winterfell, which WILL make people like him. Even if they have him be brusque, impatient etc., that scene will still make him admirable. Also seeing him fight again. It was Neil Marshall's idea for Stannis to be Mr. Front Lines badass in Blackwater, mind you. Guess who's directing our battle of the Wall. I think we'll see a reprisal of that.

Its necessary for Stan's arc as well, considering who he's going after. Half the appeal for Stannis I think is that he feels a bit like a villian turning hero, and I think people need to care about whether he wins or loses his next two major conflicts, considering the huge role both will play. I have faith, we all thought S2 Jaime was irredeemable, and Stannis isn't as bad as he was, in fact I know lots of show watchers who think Stannis is the only character with his head screwed on. I guess it all comes down to a certain line he utters to Jon Snow at the Wall. On the other hand, its finely balanced, and you can understand why little things like Stannis having little promotion is taken as a slight for a guy who often looks like the writers and directors are as interested in him as the writers and directors were as interested in Hawkeye for the Avengers.

Not seeing the same chemistry between the new Daario and Dany.

I am totally with you here. He looks too old and frankly boring. He's good-looking don't get me wrong. But he isn't sexy and young and brash looking like the old Daario. I think previous Daario's acting was probably sub-par... there have been suggestions his dialog was dubbed over... but I thought his look was perfect. I just don't see Dany swooning over this Daario the same way, hopefully that will come across better once we see him in action.

The KL ones, at least, look like they could all be from the first two episodes.

I would be willing to bet that they're all from the first two episodes, if not from the season premiere. It's safe to assume that Bran, Stannis, Mel, Davos, Theon, Ramsey, Yara etc. will not be in the season premiere (or in the first two episodes?).

Agreed. New Daario seems more like a real person, as opposed to a cartoonish idea of a person like Book!Daario. I'm glad they kept his styling natural and didn't attempt any outlandish wigs. Not only does it work better for the actor's looks, but

Daario is cartoonish, all right. However, Dennis Rodman is a cartoonish idea of a person, too, but lots of people used to be crazy about him, including some female celebrities who were very much out of their teens at the time.

D&D wouldn't risk making Dany look silly or incompetent like George made her in the book. They absolutely love her and want to paint her as a messiah as much as they can. By making Daario a completely nice guy they've made it seem more reasonable why she would like him, and subsequently removing a layer of her characterization. But guess what, D&D? Girls sometimes fall for annoying and smug douchebags, and Dany was no different in this respect. I can't say for sure if her character will be different from the books in this regard, but if the first three seasons are anything to go off, I doubt they'll make her look bad in any situation.

How on Earth would you know if Daario is "nice" just by looking at a picture of him? Does he have a halo somewhere that I don't see?

I am totally with you here. He looks too old and frankly boring. He's good-looking don't get me wrong. But he isn't sexy and young and brash looking like the old Daario. I think previous Daario's acting was probably sub-par... there have been suggestions his dialog was dubbed over... but I thought his look was perfect. I just don't see Dany swooning over this Daario the same way, hopefully that will come across better once we see him in action.

New Daario looks a bit too much like Jorah. Makes her eventual rejection of Jorah seem weird.

Also, I'm glad that the show is playing up John's horrid personality. The character is a massive douche. That victim mentality he has pisses me off. Meanwhile tons of people around him have legitimate reasons to feel put out but they still come off as better adjusted and more mature. "Oh your step mom didn't love you? I got sent to the Wall because I wouldn't let a Lord stick his dick up my poop shoot." "Oh your dad loved you but your step mom didn't? My dad offered me the Wall or to die in a 'hunting accident'." "Oh your step mom didn't love you? I didn't know who my dad was until I was taken away from the armorsmith I'd been sold to so I could come to the Wall. I had no idea why and was just expected to do what I was told. Tons of horrible shit happened to me on the way while the only bad shit that happened to you resulted in you getting a girlfriend and command of the Night's Watch. You then pissed everything away because you can't make up your mind about your allegiances while I decided to do what was right and join the good guys."

New Daario looks a bit too much like Jorah. Makes her eventual rejection of Jorah seem weird.

Also, I'm glad that the show is playing up John's horrid personality. The character is a massive douche. That victim mentality he has pisses me off. Meanwhile tons of people around him have legitimate reasons to feel put out but they still come off as better adjusted and more mature. "Oh your step mom didn't love you? I got sent to the Wall because I wouldn't let a Lord stick his dick up my poop shoot." "Oh your dad loved you but your step mom didn't? My dad offered me the Wall or to die in a 'hunting accident'." "Oh your step mom didn't love you? I didn't know who my dad was until I was taken away from the armorsmith I'd been sold to so I could come to the Wall. I had no idea why and was just expected to do what I was told. Tons of horrible shit happened to me on the way while the only bad shit that happened to you resulted in you getting a girlfriend and command of the Night's Watch.

Yeah, he's such a douchebag for justifying all his crimes by the fact that he's a bastard and his stepmom didn't love him, like every time he rapes someone, kills children and puppies, tortures people for the lulz, commits mass murders and plots to steal Winterfell from his trueborn siblings, he always pulls that excuse... Oh wait...

I guess we're censoring thoughts and feelings now? Jon isn't allowed to feel bad about something, because someone else may have it worse? Bad news for all of us, then. None of us can feel bad about anything, because there are people who have it worse. You can't find a job? Well, at least your dog didn't die. Your dog died? Well, at least you didn't have your dick cut off...

You then pissed everything away because you can't make up your mind about your allegiances while I decided to do what was right and join the good guys."

:huh: His allegiances were always to the Night Watch, and he didn't "piss away" anything. Not at this point, anyway.

Two pictures with Daario in. Plus Emilia Clarke suggested she might be sleeping with Daario this season. I guess they're going to make that the central drama in her story else it wouldn't be so prominent in the story. I can almost hear the asinine conversation where Dany says he shouldn't risk his life for her and he makes an comment on how much he loves her. Probably going to be replacing Robb n Talisa as cringe worthy romance. Plus its hard to take this grand romantic gesture which wins Danys heart seriously since in the books its done by a fat eunuch who belches and farts all the time. You have all of the Dance with Dragons material and Winds of Winter material to talk about Dany romancing Daario. Especially since with limited time this material always comes at the expense of other characters. But they'd rather repurpose unneccesary scenes to give him something to do. I bet you money that hes the one who goes into the sewers to free the slaves and not Jorah/Barristan. Probably why he was in rags. That would be such a travesty if they did that.

So irritating how they've butchered Danys arc since season 1. D&D obviously have no faith in GRRM's material. I can understand that criticism being made of ADWD (coz its shit), but there is nothing wrong with Danys ASOS arc (coz its best book in series). Why change what isn't broken? WTH is Jorah still in Meereen? Are you going to have Daario go pick in Tyrion in Volantis as well? Coz they seem to just be making Daario do everything for Dany that in the books is done by Jorah, Barristan, Brown Ben, Strong Belwas and hell it would not shock me if he starts talking about dragons instead of Barristan. It will piss me off no end if he is the catlyst for getting the dragons named and not Barristan just to make an excuse for more bonding with Daario.

http://winteriscoming.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/1507956_10151951978187734_868976405_n.jpg

All Jaime had to do to become the unlikely hero was save Brienne in the show. When Stannis smashes Mance Radar's army, offers to legitimise Jon and vows to march on Winterfell to liberate it from Freys/Bolton rule its going to be pretty clear. While D & D may not like him it won't take an idiot with half a brain to make up their own mind about him.

Oberyn looks awesome! I don't care how he looks. Its how he acts that makes The Red Viper such a badass.

Wether you like Dany or not her final few chapters in ASOS are awesome. Her campaign in Slaver's Bay was one of my favourite plot lines up until they started introducing 20 Hizzar whathisnames and the whole story becoming stagnant.

All Jaime had to do to become the unlikely hero was save Brienne in the show. When Stannis smashes Mance Radar's army, offers to legitimise Jon and vows to march on Winterfell to liberate it from Freys/Bolton rule its going to be pretty clear. While D & D may not like him it won't take an idiot with half a brain to make up their own mind about him.

Oberyn looks awesome! I don't care how he looks. Its how he acts that makes The Red Viper such a badass.

Wether you like Dany or not her final few chapters in ASOS are awesome. Her campaign in Slaver's Bay was one of my favourite plot lines up until they started introducing 20 Hizzar whathisnames and the whole story becoming stagnant.

By the looks of it Dany takes Meereen mid season. They cast Hidzhar and we see her going into the tunnels where she has caged her dragons. Plus they haven't exiled Jorah so WTF is she actually going to do in those two chapters? They are literally about discovering Jorah is a spy and then putting him and Barristan on trial before resolving to stay in Meereen. You can't do her final two ASOS chapters without that story happening. The details of how she took the city are trivial and not important; although the show looks like it wants to make that the important the point (theres a reason its just a flashback in the books) and not the personal drama.

I love Stannis in the books and in the show. He's the same character, if not more likeable in the show. (Remember Blackwater?)

Rose colored glasses syndrome. Stannis started out as an unlikable asshole in the books as well.

I always uncontrollably imagined Oberyn as Professor Snape while I was reading. So, compared to that (not that I dislike Snape in any way, it was just freaking me out XD) I absolutely love Pedro Pascal as Oberyn. And I think Ellaria is perfect too, just like I imagined.

Agreed. New Daario seems more like a real person, as opposed to a cartoonish idea of a person like Book!Daario. I'm glad they kept his styling natural and didn't attempt any outlandish wigs. Not only does it work better for the actor's looks, but I also appreciate any and all efforts across the board to keep the campiness of the costumes/hair/makeup on this show at a minimum. The show's campy enough without costume/wig ridiculousness; it's perilously close to Xena: Warrior Princess-level camp as it is. They should tone down whatever can be toned down, and New Daario is visually at least a toned-down version of his book self and of his former TV self.

Huh???

Where is this even coming from? That is the strangest thing anyone has said about this show.

Weird take, for sure.

Archived