Stills from Season 4

Westeros

Annara, Stannis's storyline will be in ep. 1 at least, because Carice posted a photo on her instagram (I think, either that or on twitter) of the script cover. I think all storylines will be touched on in eps.1 and 2 a la last year. Most of these pictures appear to be from the first few eps. but I'm sure some of them are later on. I think the Oberyn and Indira and the Cersei and Jaime ones are from the mid-to-later season (no proof, just a hunch.)

I'm happy for the Sam pic. I also don't know what he is doing to do this season but he is such a sweet guy who is always good to have around. I bet he will replace Satin and fight with Jon.

The lack of Bran, Stannis, Davos, Theon, Yara and Roose is frustrating. Their storylines are among the ones I am digging the most for this season.

^As I suggested above, maybe that is why they are showing less of them. Most of those pictures show people in the settings we expect them to be in. Any photos of the folks you mentioned would maybe hint a little too much. Or maybe they will release promo pics of them but not yet. I had hoped to see a clearer image of Mace Tyrell among these, but I'll just have to wait for that.

If they wanted to cover off every single character on the show, they would have needed to release like 50 pictures. It's not that big of a deal. If you want to catch glimpses of someone you somehow feel has gotten the shaft, there are countless screen captures of the trailers, which covers off pretty much everybody on the show.

Outside of that, try not to get too upset because y'know, they're just pictures.

I love Stannis in the books and in the show. He's the same character, if not more likeable in the show. (Remember Blackwater?)

Rose colored glasses syndrome. Stannis started out as an unlikable asshole in the books as well.

:bs:

Book-Stannis never burnt people to death for being infidels.

Have to say, Joffrey is looking pretty fabulous in that photo. He's got his 'majestic' pose down.

Same actors they always advertise with, though. /grumble

It's a large part of why he's such a good actor,his body language is as good as his verbal skills.

No he just did it to get favorable winds.

Alester was going to die regardless, for misusing the Hand powers Stannis gave him to organize a surrender Stannis didn't want, involving Shireen being taken as a hostage. The burning part is pretty horrible, but those favourable winds are the reason he arrived at the Wall as quickly as he did. Compare that to the show, where he up and decides to burn everyone that spoke against Melisandre, for no other reason than him being wrapped around her little finger.

Alester was going to die regardless, for misusing the Hand powers Stannis gave him to organize a surrender Stannis didn't want, involving Shireen being taken as a hostage. The burning part is pretty horrible, but those favourable winds are the reason he arrived at the Wall as quickly as he did. Compare that to the show, where he up and decides to burn everyone that spoke against Melisandre, for no other reason than him being wrapped around her little finger.

People were being burned. Stannis could of order Selyse to stop. His absence of action is approval due to he is King.

People were being burned. Stannis could of order Selyse to stop. His absence of action is approval due to he is King.

Selyse was doing that while Stannis was fighting at the Blackwater. Once he returned, though? It ended.

Storm of Swords, Batham paperback, pg 499:

The act occur with Selyse however the statement has Stannis accepting it. He makes no mention that Selyse did something wrong.

I did a best reread of Davos's chapters and even Melissandre's ADWD with nothing indicating that a it was done behind Stannis's back or that he disapprove of it. If I miss something please point it out.

I'll send you a PM since I took this a bit off topic.

Selyse was doing that while Stannis was fighting at the Blackwater. Once he returned, though? It ended.

Storm of Swords, Batham paperback, pg 499:

Stannis snorted...."and the new Sunglass sailed for Volantis after I burned his brother."

The act occur with Selyse however the statement has Stannis accepting it. He makes no mention that Selyse did something wrong.

I did a best reread of Davos's chapters and even Melissandre's ADWD with nothing indicating that a it was done behind Stannis's back or that he disapprove of it. If I miss something please point it out.

I'm happy for the Sam pic. I also don't know what he is doing to do this season but he is such a sweet guy who is always good to have around. I bet he will replace Satin and fight with Jon.

The lack of Bran, Stannis, Davos, Theon, Yara and Roose is frustrating. Their storylines are among the ones I am digging the most for this season.

I liked Satin :crying:

While the lack of certain characters for the picture is frustrating, I'm hopeful we'll get more soon (there are still more than two months left).

Indira Varma might be my favourite casting choice. She looks absolutely stunning as Ellaria. :wub:

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm excited for Daario. I always felt the book character was really lame and the old Daario was boring to me, but finally I can see why Dany likes him. Love the beard and hair. I thought he would wear the same wig but I'm glad he doesn't.

Indira Varma might be my favourite casting choice. She looks absolutely stunning as Ellaria. :wub:

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm excited for Daario. I always felt the book character was really lame and the old Daario was boring to me, but finally I can see why Dany likes him. Love the beard and hair. I thought he would wear the same wig but I'm glad he doesn't.

This is kind of an obvious point, but you still don't see why Dany likes him, because the new Daario is in absolutely no way similar (visually, at least) to the Daario of the books (or even Skrein's Daario).

In the books, Daario is well-dressed and puts a lot of effort into his appearance - a direct contrast with most of the other men she encounters. Of course his personality is the main reason Dany likes him, but his appearance is crucial in the early stages of their relationship and interaction.

The new Daario looks homeless and bland. Show-Jorah takes better care of his appearance than this new Daario.

This is kind of an obvious point, but you still don't see why Dany likes him, because the new Daario is in absolutely no way similar (visually, at least) to the Daario of the books (or even Skrein's Daario).

In the books, Daario is well-dressed and puts a lot of effort into his appearance - a direct contrast with most of the other men she encounters. Of course his personality is the main reason Dany likes him, but his appearance is crucial in the early stages of their relationship and interaction.

The new Daario looks homeless and bland. Show-Jorah takes better care of his appearance than this new Daario.

lol, I always imagined that Jorah would look like Ray Stevenson if he just had a shave and washed himself. Just bad personal hygiene.

Daario looks a bit like Robb and has the generic hero look. A problem I have is that they may not change his dialogue. I really thought in season 3 that what he was saying was so silly and out of place for whats supposed to be a realistic or morally grey show. It sounded like something that Aragon would say to Arwen (bathtub scene here BTW) and we don't even have any time to establish this line to make it believable. He just suddenly feels that way and this makes him betray his comrades? How is that realistic? Felt really corney. But at least with book Daario his appearance and very outrageousness is what appeals to Daenerys. But by the look of that still where they're exchanging glances before he faces the champion they seem to want that to be what is seriously happening between the two. Again, I can very much see this going the same direction as Rob and Talisa. If they wanted to write fantasy romance like this then why not just do a series on Wheel of Time and show the sex scenes?

Daario looks like any other person on this show, and that's not supposed to be the case. For crying out loud the guy looks like he could be a stand in for a number of different people on this show in a distant shot where you don't see their face.

I don't get the recast, I wish I knew why they did it.

I know, I'm not happy either. I'm like 0 for 3 with the prospects of seeing anything close to the book story for my three favorite pairings this season.

The other guy had Daario down. The new guy could play any number of characters. Hyle Hunt, even. Generic scruffy warrior dude.

And it's true, Jorah has more style than Daario.

I liked Satin :crying:

While the lack of certain characters for the picture is frustrating, I'm hopeful we'll get more soon (there are still more than two months left).

Satin is cool but he is very secondary so I never had hope they would cast him.

They could have shown Roose in the trailer instead of just his silhouette. But you're right, there's more pictures to go.

Archived