Westeros.org's Facebook/Twitter teaser

The Human Abstract

Since it's about TWOIAF I bet on something about the Daynes.

If in TWOIAF, the upside then is that it's a safe bet that the "long-held theory" will be disclosed sooner rather than later. :cool4:

If in TWOIAF, the upside then is that it's a safe bet that the "long-held theory" will be disclosed sooner rather than later. :cool4:

The hashtag was TWoiaf

"There's a special pleasure in having a long-held theory confirmed. #TWoIaF #ASoIaF"

https://twitter.com/westerosorg

I really don't see the point in doing a teaser like this. In fact, I disagree with it, as I did telling us that Sansa's next chapter is controversial.

The phrase you are looking for is Bull Shit. That's not even a teaser as it does not apply to anyone or anything.

By the by Yolk I took some of your color theory that you and J. Star had been doing and wrote my own little thing about it. Hope you don't mind. Not really about Gems, but COLOR CODE! Kidding I just played with the colors and the title and a few other things, mostly inspired by your work.

Yeah, TWOIAF or TWoIaF, it's the same thing : The World of Ice and Fire, an encyclopaedia about Westeros that will apparently be published in October. This basically means there's no chance of TWOW this year. Oh well, it's not like I really had my hopes up...

One of Martins editors basically already said not this year for Winds, most likely not next year either.

hang on-- this is one of Ran's theories that's been confirmed by the World of Ice and Fire book? If it's WoIaF, then it wouldn't be anything pertaining to the plot of ASOIAF but rather world building.

It's probably something to do with either Targs having literal dragon blood or some Valryian-dragon mating habit.

My second guess would be confirmation that the Daynes are proto-Valyrians.

hang on-- this is one of Ran's theories that's been confirmed by the World of Ice and Fire book? If it's WoIaF, then it wouldn't be anything pertaining to the plot of ASOIAF but rather world building.

*ding-ding-ding-ding*

Dear lord. I have just saw that hashtag for WOIAF... So, relieved... Whatever it is, I don't care as much as I would care ASOIAF long-term theory...

It's probably something to do with either Targs having literal dragon blood or some Valryian-dragon mating habit.

NO... That's all I am going to say on a subject.

*ding-ding-ding-ding*

Gods only know how stupid I feel right now... :)

My second guess would be confirmation that the Daynes are proto-Valyrians.

I thought Ran said no to Proto Valyrians because Martin said no.

Though anything Dayne related is a good guess. But something is odd, he got all the info for the WoIaF from Martin a long time ago, why announce this now? And who says it will be revealed in the World book. If Martin confirmed it to him we may only get a clue in the World book and nobody is confirming anything for us.

Could be a marketing move, start the hype for the book do out this year. We probably will get a few more of these. Not to say that one of his theories wasn't confirmed to him, but that there is no point in releasing the teaser with zero information other than to generate buzz.

Dear lord. I have just saw that hashtag for WOIAF... So, relieved... Whatever it is, I don't care as much as I would care ASOIAF long-term theory...

NO... That's all I am going to say on a subject.

Gods only know how stupid I feel right now... :)

You, some people were posting Aegon is a Brightflame confirmed.

*ding-ding-ding-ding*

Yes, and in particular, the dragon blood and proto-Valyrian Daynes thing are the 2 world building things I'd seen Ran argue for pertaining to said world building. (I don't have an exhaustive list of his theories memorized, but these had come up lately).

I bet it's the dragon blood.

I thought Ran said no to Proto Valyrians because Martin said no.

oh, did he confirm that, or did Martin merely say Daynes aren't related to Targs? either way, my money's on Valyrian-dragon interbreeding/ bloodsharing.

Yes, and in particular, the dragon blood and proto-Valyrian Daynes thing are the 2 world building things I'd seen Ran argue for pertaining to said world building. (I don't have an exhaustive list of his theories memorized, but these had come up lately).

I bet it's the dragon blood.

Your probably right with Dragon blood.

Archived