The Fate of Shae?

MrC

So "tv" Shae is a much more sympathetic character than "book" Shae. Especially with the addition of her being Sansa's handmaiden and defender. Do you think it's possible that "tv" Shae will have a different fate? I personally just can't see her doing the same things as she did in the book and it wouldn't bother me to see her have a much different fate? What do you guys think?

No, she has to die and it has to be by Tyrion's hand so we can get to see his darker side. Besides, what will be her role after Tyrion's trial and exile? she can't go with him and the only purpose that she served on the story line was to be Tyrion's whore..

Think (hope) she will have the same fate.

For my friends who have only seen the tv show, they are stunned by the turn of events and having Shae betray Tyrion is too good an opportunity to let go, considering as viewers genuinely think she loves Tyrion, going as far to refuse Varys' offer to flee.

Viewers will be thinking BITCH when she appears at the trial ((as they know (think they know) what happened with Tysha)).

Then when they find her in the bed of a certain hypocrite, they will be stunned.

I'll never know why Tyrion gets the free pass for killing Shae. If every liar in Westeros deserved to die, the Others would have to hurry, otherwise they'll find themselves out of employment.

Justifications like, "But she mocked him and she totally deserved to die!" - I've seen those - are simply beyond me.

I'll never know why Ned got a free pass for killing the NW deserter warning them he'd seen the WW. Just lobbed his head off without even a raven to the NW to check the story.

My 'Quote' thingy isn't working....again. That was a reply to Anath. It wasn't meant to change the topic, just give a diff perspective.

Can't stand TV Shae either, her actor is quote irritating. Tyrion's behavior after her 'betrayl' was probably the lowest point he has ever reached, and it will probably happen in the show, regardless if Shae's character is different. She isn't more honorable in the show after all.

(Haven't been posting for more than 48 hours, but shouldn't this be in the GOT forum?)

Can't stand TV Shae either, her actor is quote irritating. Tyrion's behavior after her 'betrayl' was probably the lowest point he has ever reached, and it will probably happen in the show, regardless if Shae's character is different. She isn't more honorable in the show after all.

(Haven't been posting for more than 48 hours, but shouldn't this be in the GOT forum?)

yes it should but the Overlords shall see to it eventually

I actually think they might not kill her. They have built up the relationship a lot and made her genuinely love him. I think they will set things up for Tywin to find out and do something terrible to her (perhaps even kill her--but I don't really think so) and make this part of Tyrion's motive for killing him. Then Tyrion will be all 'where do whores go' for Shae, as the significance of Tysha has really not been demonstrated.

FWIW, I think it is also possible that they will merge the characters of Ygritte and Val.

I'll never know why Ned got a free pass for killing the NW deserter warning them he'd seen the WW. Just lobbed his head off without even a raven to the NW to check the story.

My 'Quote' thingy isn't working....again. That was a reply to Anath. It wasn't meant to change the topic, just give a diff perspective.

Actually, I agree with your different perspective, although I doubt you mean it this way. But you're right, this is a topic for another thread. Suffice it to say, I don't agree Ned's place was always on the high pedestal he built for himself.

Mr C,

Tv Shae was given the chance to prevent her being used to bring Tyrion down and live a life as a wealthy woman in another country. She chose to take the risk for harm to come to him. Then ditched him to leech off someone else while publicly betraying Tyrion in the process.

I really hope the show keeps to the books. Makes for stunning tv!

Archived