R + L = J v 70

Stubby

We already demonstrated that there's no way Alys can be Bael's descendant (e.g. Bael is said to have used a road that was built during Jaehaerys II's reign, but the Karstarks split off a thousand years ago), yet for some wacky reason he keeps trying.

Oh good because I was almost afraid to ask Fred.

I'm Jaimie. WTF?

Yea, I got Cersei. WTF is this? I can't escape her.

You mean the scream of pain that accompanies the blast of the rump trumpet?

:rofl:

This is an odd thread... abs, boobies, carbs, sugar-free snacks and now... rump trumpets? :shocked:

:lol:

Don't forget the booze, thats become as important in an apocolypse as bread, toilet paper, milk, and meandering threads. :wideeyed:

And, "rump trumpet" is kind of lyrical. :D

Now that you said this, are the odd numbered Aegons good ones? That makes fAegon (VI) prone to corruption.

And I think FAegon doesn't have skills for reading people, and this will make him vulnerable to other's treachery. I think he will die in battle, or by other people betraying him.

I just have to come to this thread for one moment to say that I am swearing an oath today not to read another thread that proposes a supposed "alternative theory" to Jon's parentage. It's too eerily similar to an evolution/creation debate and I just... I have to be done. My head hurts.

I entirely commiserate... wait, you mean that there is another up there? /facepalm/

I am alien to English history, how was the pattern for Henrys? :)

No discernible pattern. I and II were okay, strong unifying rulers; III was weak and unpopular, IV an unpopular usurper, V was fine (one of the greats) VI also relatively weak and unstable, VII was the first Tudor, ended WotR and VIII you've probably heard of ;)

I just have to come to this thread for one moment to say that I am swearing an oath today not to read another thread that proposes a supposed "alternative theory" to Jon's parentage. It's too eerily similar to an evolution/creation debate and I just... I have to be done. My head hurts.

I have some sort of morbid curiosity to find and read this!!! :wideeyed:

No discernible pattern. I and II were okay, strong unifying rulers; III was weak and unpopular, IV an unpopular usurper, V was fine (one of the greats) VI also relatively weak and unstable, VII was the first Tudor, ended WotR and VIII you've probably heard of ;)

Just finished reading Allison Weirs book about Elizabeth of York and her marriage to Henry VII.

He apparently "intensly" disliked his son, Henry VIII. :devil:

And his formidable mother, Margaret Beaufort, also had quite a sense of humor. She kept two fools Reginald the Idiot, and Skip. :shocked:

(Who knew the name "Skip" went back that far and it's not an American product of the twentieth century, right up there with Bud)? :P

Just finished reading Allison Weirs book about Elizabeth of York and her marriage to Henry VII.

He apparently "intensly" disliked his son, Henry VIII. :devil:

And his formidable mother, Margaret Beaufort, also had quite a sense of humor. She kept two fools Reginald the Idiot, and Skip. :shocked:

(Who knew the name "Skip" went back that far and it's not an American product of the twentieth century, right up there with Bud)? :P

Elizabeth of York is super fascinating.

The interesting thing is that Henry VII had to claim right of conquest to be in the clear legally. Elizabeth of York was the rightful Yorkist heir in her own right, with Richard III dead (and she should have come before him anyway but Richard argued that Edward IV was legally married to someone before Elizabeth Woodville, so their kids were illegitimate), and Margaret Beaufort, as Henry's mother, was the rightful Lancastrian queen, or close enough that it didn't matter. Margaret, from what I recall, basically ruled through Henry in a lot of ways and shunted Elizabeth of York aside.

And Henry's older brother Arthur was the one groomed to the heir, but he died so it fell to Henry. He was always a little shit. He threw a fit once because his sister Margaret became a queen when she married the Scottish king, which meant she outranked him and he had to follow her in processions and stuff. What a little brat.

Elizabeth of York is super fascinating.

The interesting thing is that Henry VII had to claim right of conquest to be in the clear legally. Elizabeth of York was the rightful Yorkist heir in her own right, with Richard III dead (and she should have come before him anyway but Richard argued that Edward IV was legally married to someone before Elizabeth Woodville, so their kids were illegitimate), and Margaret Beaufort, as Henry's mother, was the rightful Lancastrian queen, or close enough that it didn't matter. Margaret, from what I recall, basically ruled through Henry in a lot of ways and shunted Elizabeth of York aside.

And Henry's older brother Arthur was the one groomed to the heir, but he died so it fell to Henry. He was always a little shit. He threw a fit once because his sister Margaret became a queen when she married the Scottish king, which meant she outranked him and he had to follow her in processions and stuff. What a little brat.

Yes, I found her to be so. Sometimes the least vocal wield the most power, though she took a much different approach than did her mother, Elizabeth Woodville and Margaret Beaufort.

I also found it fascinating that Henry VII seem to genuinely love her. Despite a one-time alleged attraction to another woman, which seems to be as far as it went, he was always a faithful husband, and seemed to fall apart in both body and mind after her death, never marrying again.

And yeah, it appears that Henry VII had that little shits number. (Of course it's not helpful that Henry VIII was also a lot like his grandfather, Edward).

He had invested alot of his aspirations in his eldest son Arthur, envisioning another Camelot.

Archived