Small Questions v 10023

Stubby

Has Cersei been putting on weight? On a re-read and she made reference to several of her dresses being 'shrunk' by her washer woman.

Yep. Some people think she has a little Kettleblack in the oven ;)

Could also just be that she's had three kids and isn't as slender as she used to be, or that she's been eating too many pigeon pies and drinking too much Dornish red.

Has Cersei been putting on weight? On a re-read and she made reference to several of her dresses being 'shrunk' by her washer woman.

Yes, I think so. She has been drinking quite a lot of wine which can cause one to gain weight or at least get a little puffy. I think it also goes to show her beginning to age just a touch (she is in her early to mid 30 I think). She is not the kind of woman to admit to gaining weight. I wish I could blame my washer woman for "shrinking" my clothes, but alas I am my own washer woman...

Why do a lot of people on this board think Aegon is not the real Aegon? Is it just because of the involvement of Ilyrio and Varys or is there something of substance.

Because he could be a Blackfyre - a 'Black Dragon' as opposed to a Targaryen 'Red Dragon'.

It is possible he is a Targ, but questions remain to be answered about how he was switched out for another babe before the Mountain arrived.

Edit: If he is a Blackfyre, there is a spitball theory that Varys could also be related to the Blackfyre's hence his support for Young Griff apparently over and above Daenerys.

The last known owner was Bloodraven. It is unknown whether or not Bloodraven was allowed to take the sword with him to the Wall. So the current whereabouts of the sword are unknown.

He likely lost it before, having been imprisoned in the Black Cells for some good 20 years. I'd wager Maeker gave it to some of his children, maybe even used it himself. Perhaps it passed down to Aegon, and he gave it either to Dunk or little Duncan? I doubt it's at the Wall, but it could have perished at Summerhall (could dragonfire melt a valyrian steel blade?).

He likely lost it before, having been imprisoned in the Black Cells for some good 20 years. I'd wager Maeker gave it to some of his children, maybe even used it himself. Perhaps it passed down to Aegon, and he gave it either to Dunk or little Duncan? I doubt it's at the Wall, but it could have perished at Summerhall (could dragonfire melt a valyrian steel blade?).

tPatQ Spoiler:

If it could be recovered from a dragon's eye in the God's Eye maybe it will resurface before the end. :)

Why do they keep refering Rhaenyra's kids as bastards I thought she married both the fathers of her kids?

To elaborate a tad on LM's answer:

It seems Rhaenyra and Daemon have a bit of a bad rep when it comes to relationships, altough whether this is pure black propaganda or is actually based on facts we don't know (at least in Rhaenyra's case)

Additionally, Laenor Velaryon - who is supposed to be Rhaenyra's first three kids' father, might very well have been homosexual (or even a paedophile) as hinted at by Criston Cole's "even the boys would not be safe - we all know what Laenor was" (i don't have the exact quote on my right now, sorry).

Again, no proof whatsoever, altough we do know Cole tends to be a bit of a butthurt jerk. Some think Lord Velaryon's hasty decision to legitimize Adam and Alyn might have to do with clearing Laenor's name (if, say, there were his bastards) - only speculation at this point.

So, all in all, there is no proof that they're indeed Strong bastards. If you ask me, it's a lot like the Daeron the Good propaganda: the Blackfyre supporters had no way in hell of *knowing* he was Aemon the Dragonknight's bastard, but it seemed likely as Aemon's love for his sister/queen was widely known.

Rhaenyra was probably close to the Strong knight accused of fathering her children, she might very well have had an affair with him, but I doubt the Blacks have ANY proof.

Meakar's reign was about a 11-13 years (220/222ac - 233ac) so Bloodraven spent more like a dozen years in the Black Cells (the two sources for this are Mormont's conversation w/ Jon about Aemon Targaryen in AGoT ACoK, and Aemon's recollection of coming north when he and sam are traveling to Bravos by ship in AFoC). Aemon speaks of his honor guard providing the greatest pomp of any new recruit since the Dornish Kings were sent in golden fetters. It was specifically Bloodraven's presence that Aemon singles out, from this (and egg's seemingly good relationship w/ BR) I think it's possible that BR went to the wall w/ Dark Sister in hand. A former Hand of the King wielding a Valyrian Steel blade like Dark Sister would probably count as the greatest pomp since Nymeria Martell sent the dornish kings in golden fetters.

"Fool," the raven agreed. Tyrion glanced up. The bird peered down at him with those beady black eyes, ruffling its wings. "Fool," it called again. Doubtless old Mormont would take it amiss if he throttled the creature. A pity. --Tyrion III, Game

Any idea what was going on there?

Archived