Small Questions v 10023

Stubby

Through the wolf-child-connection he sends the crow-dreams.

As far as I remember, there was no mechanism other than glass candles to send visions, dreams etc. I think it makes better sense if BR brought one of the glass candles in the Citadel to the Wall and later to the cave.

As far as I remember, there was no mechanism other than glass candles to send visions, dreams etc. I think it makes better sense if BR brought one of the glass candles in the Citadel to the Wall and later to the cave.

Interesting theory though I believe that Greenseers are able to send dreams/visions without the use of glass candles. Currently there is no evidence to suggest that BR is using a glass candle.

Interesting theory though I believe that Greenseers are able to send dreams/visions without the use of glass candles. Currently there is no evidence to suggest that BR is using a glass candle.

But he does send and alter dreams and the only thing which can do that is a glass candle. I dont remember anything about Greensight and dreambending.

by the logic of language it should actually be

dreaming a dream

-- or --

seeing a sight.

But in the text Jojen has green dreams and Meera refers to that as greensight, The only place the word appears at all is ACoK 28 Bran IV where it is used no less than 5 times.

Otherwise it is green dreams and that usage occurs also in ACoK 28 Bran IV for the first two times and then nearly 20 times for the Jojen condition in the next 3 books*.

Greenseeing is the different matter attributed to the children of the forest and already appears in AGoT 66 Bran VIII and then more than 20 times through all the books*.

* except for AFfC for reasons of splitting the POVs up into AFfC/ADwD.

For those with the app:

Is there any new information on there regarding Doran, Elia, Oberyn, Arianne, Quentyn, Trystane or little Rhaenys? All I have been able to find until now was:

- that Arianne had sex with Darkstar

-from an early age on, Arianne has been half in love with Oberyn
- that, even though Doran was not very close with his siblings, he was furious about Rhaegar crowning Lyanna Queen of Love and Beauty

Other things I haven't been able to find, since most people don't find the Dornish so very interesting and don't want to read about them. Is there anything else on those pages? (like where was Oberyn during RR etc.?).

On Doran:

His mother had several miscarriages and gave birth to children who died in their first years in between him and Elia.

He was 9 when his sister was born, a page to Lord Gargalen.

I think the way his decision to fight for the Loyalists during RR is worded is quite interesting:

Doran understands that the fortunes of his House are tied to the Targaryens and that one day Elia will be queen and his nephew Aegon will one day inherit and be king.

(that comes just after his anger at Rhaegar's way of treating Lyanna that you mentionned.)

The rest is pretty much exactly what we get from the books.

On Elia:

I'm sure you know, but little Rhaenys looked like her, whereas Aegon took after his father.

Elia and Rhaegar's relations were amiable, but it was not a love match

On Oberyn:

He was sixteen at the time of the duel with Lord Yronwood (not sure if his exact age was given in the books or just that he was young).

His trying to raise Dorne for Viserys is confirmed. He went in person to Braavos to sign the betrothal of Arianne and Viserys.

His correspondence with Willas is also confirmed (somehow I wasn't too sure about the truthfulness of it :p)

On Arianne:

She is twenty-three (again, I am so bad with ages I am not positive it comes directly from the books).

She did not just sleep with Daemon Sand, he was actually her first, and she told Doran right after like "deal with it."

Accompanying them are various coconspirators, such as her milk brother Garin of the orphans, Ser Andrey Dalt, Sylva Santagar, and the dangerous knight Ser Gerold Dayne, known as the Darkstar. Some of these are her past lovers, Ser Gerold among them.

So it's not just Gerold she's known intimately among the Queenmakers.

The way it is worded, Darkstar meant to actually kill Myrcella.

Also, Tyene and her conspired together to crown Myrcella before the Sand Snakes were arrested - I figured they might have come up with the same idea independantly.

There's nothing new on Quentyn or Trystane that I can tell.

(Sorry about everything that was canon, I only just started my AFfC reread.)

Not surprised Doran wasn't that close to his siblings, he makes a point of saying he was older when they were born and he was a man grown when they were playing in the Water Gardens. I would like to know how old the Princess of Dorne is. From wiki, Doran isn't that much younger than Tywin. If its true, I wonder if maybe the PoD wanted Joanna for a daughter-in-law.

“My uncle brought me here, with Tyene and Sarella.” The memory made Arianne smile. “He caught some vipers and showed Tyene the safest way to milk them for their venom. Sarella turned over rocks, brushed sand off the mosaics, and wanted to know everything there was to know about the people who had lived here.”

“And what did you do, princess?” asked Spotted Sylva.

I sat beside the well and pretended that some robber knight had brought me here to have his way with me, she thought, a tall hard man with black eyes and a widow’s peak. The memory made her uneasy. “I dreamed,” she said, “and when the sun went down I sat cross-legged at my uncle’s feet and begged him for a story.”

- that, even though Doran was not very close with his siblings, he was furious about Rhaegar crowning Lyanna Queen of Love and Beauty

For those with the app:

Is there any new information on there regarding Doran, Elia, Oberyn, Arianne, Quentyn, Trystane or little Rhaenys? All I have been able to find until now was:

Other things I haven't been able to find, since most people don't find the Dornish so very interesting and don't want to read about them. Is there anything else on those pages? (like where was Oberyn during RR etc.?).

Hey Rhaenys. How come you don't still have tha app. I'm in South Africa and have managed to bypass the country restrction and download the app. This is the 21st century and there's no such thing as country restriction bullshit.

Not surprised Doran wasn't that close to his siblings, he makes a point of saying he was older when they were born and he was a man grown when they were playing in the Water Gardens. I would like to know how old the Princess of Dorne is. From wiki, Doran isn't that much younger than Tywin. If its true, I wonder if maybe the PoD wanted Joanna for a daughter-in-law.

I read today that the app confirmed the Tywin-Joanna match was a love-match. So I doubt that there was much chance for the PoD to get her friend to marry her son

I truly hope that we'll learn the age of the PoD in the World book (and her name, it is incredibly annoying to constantly call her Princess of Dorne, Doran's mother, etc. A name would be so much more easier :D.. :p )

Hey Rhaenys. How come you don't still have tha app. I'm in South Africa and have managed to bypass the country restrction and download the app. This is the 21st century and there's no such thing as country restriction bullshit.

I have found the app in the app store, and managed to put in on my whish list, but it won't let me download. It says the app isn't available in my country.

How did you bypass it?

I have found the app in the app store, and managed to put in on my whish list, but it won't let me download. It says the app isn't available in my country.

How did you bypass it?

On Android.

Download a VPN (Virtual Private Network).

Create a US account.

Download App.

On Itunes.

Select US as country. Bottom right hand corner

Don't input credit card info. Select none.

Select a valid street and postal address. Use google maps.

Download free app in US store to test.

I read today that the app confirmed the Tywin-Joanna match was a love-match. So I doubt that there was much chance for the PoD to get her friend to marry her son

I truly hope that we'll learn the age of the PoD in the World book (and her name, it is incredibly annoying to constantly call her Princess of Dorne, Doran's mother, etc. A name would be so much more easier :D.. :p )

Yea. It was a love match but there was always a chance Tywin as heir would have to marry someone more advantageous. I mean Joanna was a first cousin I think. That is still pretty darn close to the mainline that you don't have to worry too much about their allegiance.

Archived