Straczynski/Wachowski Sense8 on Netflix

SpaceChampion

You also see it when Sun punches the food and then the other people turn around and it's Nomi who's done it.

I agree the concluding fight scene was a little confusing in that regard, but from the POV of the attackers, it's all Wolfgang.

On 12/24/2016 at 10:07 AM, SpaceChampion said:

I'll take some getting used to for the new one, but I suppose it's more jarring after a binge-watch.

I hadn't watched since the show first aired, but it was jarring for me, too. Just having an actor who looks that different. Hopefully it does get better over time.

5 hours ago, AverageGuy said:

I hadn't watched since the show first aired, but it was jarring for me, too. Just having an actor who looks that different. Hopefully it does get better over time.

It bugs me when they reference the change in the show, I wish they'd just got on with it rather than go with the 'new barber' thing.

This continues to be one of the most emotionally involving TV shows on air these days. There certainly are better shows and perhaps better characters, but the notion of inseparable, profound connection with other human beings in the time of holidays can be extremely comforting. This show truly hits all the right notes for me. The best part is that there is always new layer. I mean, with 8 sensates, there are if my math is correct, 28 different interactions, which gives many different layers and stories that can be investigated. 

The montages continue to be amazing. Hallelujah scene was beautiful, *the necessary* orgy scene was at moments wild, but also sensual. I feel that some issues of the first season with regard to the first part of the season still haven't been solved and this was also a bit slow burner, just like the first episodes of Season 1. 

In short, I am looking forward to Season 2 :D 

Is Angelica actually dead?  I was just rewatching the pilot and totally didn't catch that Will went by her supposed suicide site and several times it was pointed out that there was no blood, no evidence of a death at all.  Just the mattress and a box of drugs.  

Am I the only one who thought she was dead?

8 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Is Angelica actually dead?  I was just rewatching the pilot and totally didn't catch that Will went by her supposed suicide site and several times it was pointed out that there was no blood, no evidence of a death at all.  Just the mattress and a box of drugs.  

No I think she is dead. The implication of lack of evidence is that someone cleared it up, or so I thought.

9 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I think she is really dead.

Oh, and I forgot...

Why can't I have b-day party like that? That was awesome :D 

On Monday, December 26, 2016 at 9:22 AM, DaveSumm said:

It bugs me when they reference the change in the show, I wish they'd just got on with it rather than go with the 'new barber' thing.

I actually really liked that. Its always jarring to me when there is a recast in any show so I quite liked that they made a joke of it instead of just carrying on as normal. I can see why others wouldnt really appreciate that though

The cast have spoken a lot about how they're a "travelling circus" moving from city to city to city. Every actor needs to be there, but each city has a main focus on a couple of them and the rest of them spend the time sightseeing (and partying) as a gang. It seems to work really well in melding them together as a group.

On 12/27/2016 at 2:24 PM, Werthead said:

The cast have spoken a lot about how they're a "travelling circus" moving from city to city to city. Every actor needs to be there, but each city has a main focus on a couple of them and the rest of them spend the time sightseeing (and partying) as a gang. It seems to work really well in melding them together as a group.

I find that incredibly intelligent approach for a show like this. Not only that it makes the cast more comfortable with each other during those scenes :D but it actually provides them excellent opportunity to become more acquainted with mimicry and behavioral tics of one another and emulate that. And several montages in Christmas special truly show that. The birthday one so entertaining and you can't truly fake that. It really works for a show like this. 

Ok, I just binged the entire series last week so bear with me because I am sure I will repeat a lot of what has been talked about here already ( I read a few pages of this but will not read all 19 ).

The show grabbed me pretty quickly, probably 3rd episode in I was hooked. I really like the actors, everyone of them. I do not however like the replacement VanDamm...something about him just didn't feel right. It's clearly a show that some will hate and stop watching after one episode.

The show is definitely different from anything else I have ever watched. The interaction, connections, people, IDK how to describe it. I will say I am not a crier, unless I see someone else crying, but I found myself tearing up a couple times while watching the show, didn't actually cry but for me to get that emotionally into a show or movie is extremely rare.

On to a couple questions. Now that whispers has seen through one of them, shouldn't he now know who and where the other 7 are since they have all interacted with each other and each knows and has felt what the others know and feel? This seems like it's going to be a little loose with the way they handle it.

The drugs do seem to be a common theme. Drugs of some type have been used, seen, purchased or made in or around each of the 8.

Did they ever say who Nomi's parents are? They said they are rich and powerful, maybe a politician or big business CEO(pharmaceutical would tie him in to the drug angle)? 

Has it been established how to birth a cluster?

2 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Whispers I think can only visit one he's seen, not feel what they feel or know what they know.

I think he can see only what, in this specific case, Will can see. He can visit him whenever he wants, which is why Will is reluctant to visit others. Although, if I were Whospers, I would be watching him quite closely on the day they were all born.

3 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

It seemed almost like it was a representation of two sense8's operating as one inside Wolfgang at the same time.  

I am not sure where the confusion came from. For me, it has always been about the spiritual representation of another sensate in different areas, not their astral projection to the place. Yes, the Sun/Wolfgang montage should have been more carefully done, but it is not like it was the first time we have seen one, or all eight of them in one frame. 

2 hours ago, Risto said:

I think he can see only what, in this specific case, Will can see. He can visit him whenever he wants, which is why Will is reluctant to visit others. Although, if I were Whospers, I would be watching him quite closely on the day they were all born.

I am not sure where the confusion came from. For me, it has always been about the spiritual representation of another sensate in different areas, not their astral projection to the place. Yes, the Sun/Wolfgang montage should have been more carefully done, but it is not like it was the first time we have seen one, or all eight of them in one frame. 

I don't think anyone is confused about that.  They aren't literally at the location with the sensate they are visiting.

It's the Wolfgang/Will/Sun fight.  It was obviously quite different than other fights or sex scenes and now we have confirmation that it was purposeful.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I don't think anyone is confused about that.  They aren't literally at the location with the sensate they are visiting.

It's the Wolfgang/Will/Sun fight.  It was obviously quite different than other fights or sex scenes and now we have confirmation that it was purposeful.

So they do plan to have some sort of astral projection kinda thing? Hmmm... Not sure how it will work...

Archived