Straczynski/Wachowski Sense8 on Netflix

SpaceChampion

that's a tantalising tease in the latest trailer. Can't wait! Although I'll have to as I have a friend visiting over the weekend :(

Could be a hangover sunday binge though.

Damn..... the Steampunk Worlds Fair is this weekend, too.... otherwise I'd be locked in my house between Sense 8, the Last Kingdom, The Handmaids Tale (only 2 episode in so far), and what we have left with Bosch.... plus, we're going to see Guardians of the Galaxy tomorrow.... it's nerd overload this weekend'

'tis a bad weekend to be sociable. Almost contemplating my genuine mouth ulcer (where a wisdom tooth used to live) as being a legit excuse for cancelling a drinking weekend so i can sit in silence and avoid moving my mouth. Sense8 would have nothing to do with that decision, honest.

After 3 episodes...

Spoiler

Boy, we are really not building anything this year. Right into the lion's jaws... It is intense, it is not prolonging the inevitable. I am still not clear about the ways people from different clusters communicate and how they share consciousness. But, I have to say I like that the Wachowskis are using the show as the platform (rather like all Netflix shows to a degree) to say what they want. I really liked the Capheus' speech about politicians, leaders and buses. And I knew that beautiful Korean dude can't be just some random chaser.

I may miss few details due to the lack of subtitles, but it's amazing. I like that they separated Christmas special from the rest of the season, because it really throws you right in the action. Last year, we complained about the speed and building, well, they are not doing that this year. The expansion of the Universe, every single time brings its own problems, but so far, I like it. 

And I was sincerely surprised someone didn't die in Episode 3 between Nairobi, San Francisco and India.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Soooooo good so far.  I've only cried twice, lol'd a gazillion times.  This is one of the most interesting shows on right now.

4 episodes in, and couldn't agree more. It is so visceral. so relatable, there is such a passion behind this project and in every scene you see it. The speeches, the twists, the action, it is amazing.

Spoiler

What I also liked is how they cut the cord with Christmas special. They gave us two more episodes of sensates being terrified, running around like headless chickens, but since Episode 1, they take charge and kick some major ass. In every damn area of their lives. I was being afraid that they will spend too much time before someone takes an action, but boy was I wrong. And I am glad to see that. One can tolerate only too much of Will being junkie. 

15 hours ago, red snow said:

'tis a bad weekend to be sociable. Almost contemplating my genuine mouth ulcer (where a wisdom tooth used to live) as being a legit excuse for cancelling a drinking weekend so i can sit in silence and avoid moving my mouth. Sense8 would have nothing to do with that decision, honest.

Hey, I have an exam on Monday. Assassin's Fate came out on Wednesday, I'm behind on Last Kingdom and now have a whole season of Sense8 to watch. I'm so conflicted between desire for good grades and the need to binge watch :P 

I did manage to watch the first episode though, which kicked things off very nicely and set a direction for this season. I loved the interview scene and final scene in particular 

Squeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!  Ok, I'm half ashamed to admit that I've watched it all.  And I kinda want to start from the beginning and watch it all again.  

Actual serious spoilers.  Seriously, don't click until you finish because I discuss the ending.  I'm warning you, even if you're curious.  You'll hate yourself if you haven't watched.

Spoiler

Some amazing scenes in, I think, episode 7 with the two clusters facing off.  So perfect to watch.  And that ending!  It's like a repeat of season 1 finale, only they are all together!  Loved it.  It felt a bit too rushed, tbh, as though they ran out of money and filming time (which considering the cast change might be true) so just skipped a bunch of scenes and/or exposition and skipped to everyone flying into London.  But still, it was fucking awesome.  

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Hey, I have an exam on Monday. Assassin's Fate came out on Wednesday, I'm behind on Last Kingdom and now have a whole season of Sense8 to watch. I'm so conflicted between desire for good grades and the need to binge watch :P 

I did manage to watch the first episode though, which kicked things off very nicely and set a direction for this season. I loved the interview scene and final scene in particular 

I at least have 5+ books before assassin's fate becomes a pressing issue but that's a lot of distractions. If there are no exams after Monday then there's ample opportunity to plan a binge of all three afterwards - I'm sure you have revision timetable skills you can apply to the shows/book :)

I'm contemplating watching the first episode in the morning hoping my friend wakes up late.

1 hour ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Actual serious spoilers.  Seriously, don't click until you finish because I discuss the ending.  I'm warning you, even if you're curious.  You'll hate yourself if you haven't watched.

So where were the actual serious spoilers?  Because I certainly don't hate myself for reading that, I don't even like myself one scintilla less.  Some actual serious spoilers, please.

29 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

So where were the actual serious spoilers?  Because I certainly don't hate myself for reading that, I don't even like myself one scintilla less.  Some actual serious spoilers, please.

I revealed the ending.  Most would consider that a serious spoiler  And this cheeky, non literal warning was geared towards those who have indicated excitement about the show and would want to enjoy it fresh with as few spoilers as possible.  You obviously aren't that.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I revealed the ending.  Most would consider that a serious spoiler  And this cheeky, non literal warning was geared towards those who have indicated excitement about the show and would want to enjoy it fresh with as few spoilers as possible.  You obviously aren't that.

I would like to know how it ends to gage whether or not I want to watch it, and all you said is

two clusters face off in London.

Your definition of "spoiler" must be different than mine.  That's more like a vague plot point; I could probably get as much from the finale's synopsis on imdb.

49 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I would like to know how it ends to gage whether or not I want to watch it, and all you said is

Your definition of "spoiler" must be different than mine.  That's more like a vague plot point; I could probably get as much from the finale's synopsis on imdb.

Lol.  No my spoilers were

Spoiler

Two clusters face off  around midseason and also that it ended similar to season one only all of our cluster together in person in London. That's only a vague spoiler if you haven't watched the prior season and/or you're unwilling to utilize some basic reasoning.  First of all it tells you that the cluster is again saving one of themselves from the clutches of Whispers.  Second off all, it provides a number of season long plot points because if they are all together it means that they've escaped prison, or escaped fugitive status or escaped the eye of Whispers.  

Sorry I don't have a "what sort of spoilers would random internet dude want" magic tool.  It probably would have been easier if you'd just ask for more specifics if you were too lazy to search another website for the exact type of spoiler you wanted written in the exact way you want.

HOLY SENSATE...

All right, just finished episode 7. And it is epic. EPIC. Like, @HelenaExMachina, dear, not to put the salt on the wound, but this is beyond AWESOME. You need to watch this ASAP.

Spoiler

1. One has to love Sun/Lito conversations

2. Loved the Will's cop buddy return

3. The restaurant scene was very fast, but the appearance of the clusters... Boy, that was intense.

Once again, great so far. I really enjoy it... A work can wait, though :D

3 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

Favorite line from episode 4 

"the only thing I hate more than rhetorical questions.... Stupid rhetorical questions."

Ain't that from Ep 3?  I thought I was only on Ep 3...

28 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

Ain't that from Ep 3?  I thought I was only on Ep 3...

Netflix starts with the xmas special as episode 1 which confuses the exact numbering of the rest of the episodes.

Archived