So..What now?

theJoker501

Any time. :) You can get used paperbacks quite cheap if you live in the US. They were national bestsellers when released, so there are a huge number of used copies out there. Dunno where you're at.

I should warn you that like ASOIAF, they are large volumes. And in hardcover, the third volume, To Green Angel Tower, is extremely hefty... reputedly nearly a half a million words by itself, making it, so far as I know, one of the largest single volumes of any novel ever.

(But since you've finished ADWD, it's not that much longer: TGAT is 1,600 pages in paperback vs. 1,000 or so for ADWD).

Bernard Cornwell! George Martin himself said that Bernard writes the best battle scenes ever. He has written 5 sagas, three of them being set in medieval times and his style is quite similar to GRRM, though the story arch's are very simpler and shorter.

I got in love with his books because of the violence, the treachery and the badass but funny characters, i think you should check him out!

Bernard Cornwell! George Martin himself said that Bernard writes the best battle scenes ever. He has written 5 sagas, three of them being set in medieval times and his style is quite similar to GRRM, though the story arch's are very simpler and shorter.

I got in love with his books because of the violence, the treachery and the badass but funny characters, i think you should check him out!

I see he has a bunch of them, any recommendations on where to start?

I see he has a bunch of them, any recommendations on where to start?

I started with the ''Grail Quest'' that tells the story of an english archer in the middle of the Hundred Years War, and as the story develops he searches for the Holy Grail (sounds cliche but it actually isn't). There are 3 books and a sequel set 7 years after the end of the saga, it's very good.

There's also one about saxon invasions all over Britain in the 9th century. Another about the adventures and disadventures of Sharpe, a soldier in the Napoleonic Wars (this one has a 1991 tv series with Sean Bean as the main character).

And the classic Arthurian Saga.

I guess you'll enjoy any of those, it's your pick

Archived