Who of these villains will die last?

One of ASOIAF’s greatest strengths is the moral ambiguity of so many characters (particularly the core cast), but I think we can all agree there are a few characters who, deep down, just aren’t very nice. However, many of these villains have proved more successful than the heroes at surviving all the crazy sh#$ going on, and I’m curious who of the major villains will make it the farthest in the series

Euron: This guy could be dismissed as merely another secondary antagonist, but Moqorro’s vision of him implies there is some serous dark mojo behind Euron. It’s hard to tell if he actually has a precise plan or just is making it up as he goes, but he seems destined for big things, which makes me think he could last a long time.

Littlefinger: Easily one of the smartest characters in the entire series, Petyr Baelish is always six steps of whatever POV he’s dealing with (Tyrion occasionally being an exception), and has a knack for coming out of dangerous situations on top. Given his long-term planning skills (and what he’s got in the works for Sansa), it seems like he’ll be causing trouble until very late in the series.

Roose: There are plenty of theories about Roose’s supernatural hobbies, which on their own could point to the guy being able to stick around for a while longer. He is admittedly in a very dangerous situation right now, but this is a guy who has survived two wars on southron turf AND played a masterful game of cyvasse in the background of the entire second war. Should he somehow pull through against Stannis (or at least escape), he could get into even more major Northern storylines.

Ramsay: I normally wouldn’t count Ramsay as a major villain as he’s mostly an antagonist to Theon, but this dick has caused A LOT of damage in the North, and in particularly viscous ways. He’s pissed off damn near everyone and is about to ride into battle, so the target on his back grows by the page count. I could see GRRM pulling some ridiculous plot business with Ramsay sticking around to cause trouble, but I feel like he’s next on the chopping block.

Cersei: I mean, she’s got some redeeming qualities, but at the end of the day has gone out of her way to harm tons of people, and demonstrated murderous behavior most likely as a teenager. She’s easily the most tragic of the villains, but a villain she is, and she’s boxed herself into a terrible corner. The one ally she has is a mad scientist controlling a Gregorstein, a plan I find shaky at best. Then again, she has to live long enough see all of her kids die, and Myrcella is pretty far away. Depending on who travels when/where, Cersei could die very shortly or damn near the end.

Each of these five is a very dangerous and (thus far) very successful combatant in their respective arenas. Each one is probably going to keep getting into dangerous situations, and sooner or later that kind of thing catches up to you. So who will be the last of these villains to fall?

Cersei will most likely die towards the end.

Ramsay and Roose may die at the end of the next book, because their story arc will probably end after the battle with Stannis.

Littlefinger has a whole lot of stuff planned, and hasn't made any major moves against his enemies or even sent his armies to war. I think he'll definitely survive for quite a while longer.

Euron also has a lot to do. I think he'll be more directly involved with Dany's dragons and be there till at least mid ADoS.

Also, it's not necessary for every villain to die. Cersei, Littlefinger and Roose may go on living in exile, or in prison or in a horribly injured state.

Also, it's not necessary for every villain to die. Cersei, Littlefinger and Roose may go on living in exile, or in prison or in a horribly injured state.

I think Cersei is on her way to completing a self fulfilling prophecy. I'd be shocked if she survived the series, although I wouldn't mind if she did, as I think she's a great character.

I think Ramsay and or Roose will die around the time the wall is going down. And perhaps they will die in an last heroic attempt on wrecking everything they can...

It would be somewhat great to have the northerners thinking, they´ve resolved they´re problems. Thinking they can now get back to business as usual, just to realize there is something much more sinister going on than some powerhungry Lords...

Euron: I don´t know, could die tomorrow in a sample chapter or in decades when the series is finished...

Littlefinger: I think he will be there for the end game.

Cersei: Seems to be doomed. But perhaps it would be fitting if she dies of old age. Left alone with her regrets, without wealth and power, without any family and no one else to even remember her.

Littlefinger, I expect to be in the endgame. I'd like to see his schemes turn on him (Sansa) but it would't actually surprise me if he somehow manages to sneak away and live...

The Boltons I expect to be dead at the end of TWOW.

Cersei as well, maybe start of ADOS. She's living on borrowed time.

I can see Euron surviving for quite a long time as well, at least into ADOS

I'm hoping Roose or Ramsay, but I think Ramsay will go first. He's becoming very arrogant and cocky, he might be good at torturing people, but him and his father aren't a match against Stannis' war strategies. Or, Roose will die and Ramsay will be left with nothing, no common sense, and no forces and then die... That would be my ideal scenario! I can't see anyone following Ramsay if Roose is dead

I don't want to see Cersei die, she's so entertaining and I love reading about her. I don't know how much damage she can cause now she's kind of cornered in, all that's left for her to do is deteriorate into insanity and probably run back to the Rock. LF - I can only hope - will be killed preferably by Sansa, but I don't think it will be anytime soon :bang:

"but this dick has caused A LOT of damage in the North, and in particularly viscous ways. He’s pissed off damn near everyone and is about to ride into battle, so the target on his back grows by the page count." LOVED this description of him! LOL

Archived