If you could be king or queen

Knight of the fallen

King: Jon Snow (I'll make sure he keeps guards with him)

Hand of the King: Tyrion Lannister

Master of Laws: Stannis Baratheon (I might prefer Ned, but I know he'd be happier in Winterfell)

Master of Whisperers: Arya Stark (she can see through the eyes of cats now!!)

Master of Coin: I'd hire somone from the Iron Bank of Braavos.

Master of Ships: Davos Seaworth

Grandmaester: Aemon, with Sam preparing to take his place

High Septon: Septon Meribald

Kingsguard:

Lord Commander - Barristan Selmy

Grey Worm

Loras Tyrell

Brienne of Tarth

Jaime Lannister (I personally don't think he'd attempt to kill me unless I decided to burn down the whole city)

Archibald Yronwood

Oberyn Martell

Leader of the Gold Cloaks: Brynden Tully - the black fish

My fool: Joffrey Baratheon/Lannister

Member of my own personal Queensguard: Edd Tollett! (not for anything sketchy, he just amuses me but is way too awesome to be given the post of fool)

Hand - Tyrio

Party planner - Robert Baratheon

Master whispers - Bloodraven/Bran for obvious reasons! They can see all

Master of...who cares/..

Rest would be Tormund Ginatsbane, Delores Edd, and Wyman Manderly...

My reign as King might be short lived but it would be EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!

My Queen, Dany...hey, she is hot, and comes with dragons.

Hand - Tyrion

Party planner - Robert Baratheon

Master whispers - Bloodraven/Bran for obvious reasons! They can see all

Master of...who cares/..

Rest would be Tormund Giantsbane, Delores Edd, and Wyman Manderly...

Kingsguard

Bronn and six of his choosing and I would pay them VERY VERY WELL

My reign as King might be short lived but it would be EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Queen: Margery Tyrell and Sansa Stark (Targs did it, so can I)

Military Commander: Jon Snow
Hand of the King: Stannis Baratheon (Perfect to play good cop bad cop with because he is always the bad cop. I will deflect any hate towards myself by Stannis just being Stannis.)
Master of Laws: Tyrion Lannister
Master of Coin:Wyman Manderly

Master of Whisperers: Bran Stark
Grand Maester: Half Maester Holden

Kingsguard: Lord Commander - Barristan Selmy

Jorah Mormount

Loras Tyrell

The Greatjon

Jaime Lannister

Dario Naharis

Bronze Yohn Royce

Hand Jon snow, not afraid to get dirty abd do what he had to do and is willing to mame the unpopular choice

Wispers: tyrion, look how he was when he was acting hand, he played cersi and knew what was going on plus he knows all the whores and he couls get alot of info from pillowtalk

Ships: stannis look what he did to iron fleet

Master of laws: samwell tarley, smart well read and I liked how he interpreted the nights watch laws to help gilly thinks outside the box

Grand maester: luwin, aemon is too old and luwin did a great job and was loyal, nice

Coin : littlefinger but he would have no say in anythng else

Goldcloaks: blackfish good commander and wouldnt accept bribes

Kingsguard

LC Robb stark, not the best 1v1 fighter but I thought I read that the lc was like the head of the military and well he was a,great commander.

Ser bronn the blackwater

Oberyon martell

The greatjon

Garlan tyrell

Bronze royce (sp) on my phone cant look up correct spelling

Darkstar

I traded jaime and both cleganes to the nights watxh for sam and jon

Queen: Margaery Tyrell

Hand: Tyrion Lannister

Master of Laws: Stannis Baratheon

Master of Ships: Asha Greyjoy

Master of Coin: Jon Snow (he haggled well with Tycho Nestoris and he's too honorable to steal from me)

Master of Whisperers: Arya Stark (she'll be Varys 2.0 after her training)

Grand Maester: Aemon Targaryen

Kingsguard:

Barristan Selmy (Lord Commander)

Brienne of Tarth

Garlan Tyrell

Mance Ryder

Sandor Clegane

Beric Dondarrion

Syrio Forel

Queen: Arianne Martell

Paramour: Taena Merryweather (we'd have the greatest threesomes ever)

Hand: Davos Seaworth

Master of Laws: Randyll Tarly

Master of Ships: Stannis Baratheon

Master of Coin: Wyman Manderly

Master of Whispers: Brynden Rivers

Grand Maester: Marwyn

Captain of the City Watch: Rolland Storm

Kingsguard

Barristan Selmy (Lord Commander)

Balon Swann

Arys Oakheart (he might get annoyed at Arianne being my wife though)

Brienne of Tarth

Lother Brune

Garlan Tyrell

Gerold Dayne

Queens:

Daenerys Targaryen

Margaery Tyrell

Reasoning: Daenerys Mother of Dragons. But a rider is needed for third dragon, AND Daenerys has clear reasons to suspect barrenness, so SOMEBODY has to inherit who is expected to be healthy. However, the second queen should give an oath that, since Daenerys is the Mother of Dragons and she is not, if Daenerys manages to give birth after all then any children of Dany are ahead of hers even if female or younger (They can be married off to halfsiblings if sexes match, still better than full sibling marriages which Targaryens also accept). That leaves a choice between Sansa, Margaery and Arianne. Sansa is not so interested in getting rid of her maidenhead as Margaery is, and also better to risk childbirth at 17 than at 14. Arianne is older, has disposed of her maidenhead and has her own wishes for husband... and is in line to inherit Dorne.

Hand - Doran. Would be Kevan, a man doing decent job, but Varys dealt with that.

Military commander - Brynden Tully, in his job as Lord Commander of Gold Cloaks and Warden of the Middle. With a permanent seat in Small Council.

I would not reform the Kingsguard vows in principle (too much tradition to these) but I´d take care to release Jaime, and not to Wall either. Lord Commander Ser Barristan (also in Small Council as usual). Members - certainly Loras, and I´d consult Barristan to make sure the new recruits are the ones who are fine with no wives.

Since the 7 of Kingsguard are a paper shield, I´d use the precedent of Targaryen household guard to form a Palace Guard of say, 200 men and also 20 women. Lady Commander Brienne of Tarth (also in Small Council). No celibacy for them; but generally I´d choose landless members. With promise that lands of landed knight´s fee would be assigned on retirement after age of 40 or so, except to those who have been promoted to officers (who retire later, after 60 and get lordships then).

Mistress of Ships - Asha Greyjoy

Master of Laws - Samwell Tarly. But I´d found a permanent, lay court. Say, 7 members. You need to MAKE new laws, therefore I´d also charge the Court of Justice to propose laws for approval to Small Council and King, and to be proclaimed if approved. The court would consist of some lords, some maesters and some ladies, but no septons or septas. Lady Olenna would be nicely assigned member for Crone, and has a reason to stay in capital with her granddaughter a Queen

Mistress of Whisperers - lady Arya Underfoot

Master of Coin - still no better candidate than lord Petyr Baelish

Grand Maester - Marwyn. But I´d open a new school at King´s Landing. It is inconvenient, in a city of half a million souls, to rely on a single physician. And it is possible to change - High Septon was in Oldtown as of Dance, and only later moved to Sept of Baelor.

King: Jon Snowdragon

Hand: Mance Rayder

Grand Maester: Samwell Tarly

Master of Coin: Wyman Manderly

Master of Laws: Jon Snowdragon

Master of Whispers: Jojen and BloodBran net.

Queen's Justice: No need. We do our dirty job.

Ladies-in-waiting:

Wylla Manderly

Sansa Stark

Meera Reed

Lyanna Mormont

Bethany Blackwood

Allyria Dayne

Jayne Bracken

Beth Cassel

Jeyne Pool

Alys Karstark

Mya Stone

Myranda Royce

Talla Tarly

GreatJon’s daughter

One daughter from each mountain clans’ lord if there is any.

Lord of the Bedchamber: Eddison Tollett

Queen’s guard: No need I have Ghost and Drogon.

King: Andrew The Dragon Slayer & Bringer of Spring, First of his name, King of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord Paramount of the Seven Kingdoms, Bane of Fire, Brother of the Old Gods, Friend of the New Gods, Master of the Other's, Peacemaker of Westeros.

Queen: Dany Targaryen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains,
Duchess of Meereen, Mother of Dragons

Paramour: Margery Tyrell for obvious reasons, that quells that faction which feeds the populace and she can pro-create.

Heir: Karen the Flame's Keeper, Princess of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Mistress of the Seven Kingdoms, Sister to the Old Gods, Friend of the New Gods, Peace Keeper of Westeros, Baroness of Meereen, Mother and Sister of Dragons, Mistress of the Other's, Future Empress of Westeros and Essos, the Bane of Asshai and Light of the Shadow Lands.

Hand: Tyrion Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock & First Adviser to the King, Baron of Kings Landing

Sword of the King: Stannis Baratheon, Lord of Storm's End & Defender of the Realm

Shield of the King: Quentyn Martell, A prince of Dorne & Defender of the Realm

The King's Justice: Arya Stark, Daughter of the North and Keeper of Hawks (she is learning Varys job)

Captain of the King's Fleet: Asha Greyjoy

Lord Commander of the Night's Watch: Randyll Tarly

SMALL COUNCIL:

Master of Laws: Samwell Tarly, Lord of Horn Hill

Mistress of Coin: Sansa Lannister, Lady of the Vale and Westerlands, Heir to the North

Master of Whispers: Varys, Master of Sparrows

Grand Maester: Marwyn

Captain of the City Watch: Bronn

Kingsguard

Barristan Selmy
Jorah Mormont
Arys Oakheart (LC)
Brienne of Tarth
Lothor Brune
Garlan Tyrell
Jaime Lannister

Queen: Cersei Lannister :drool:

Hand of the King: Lord Tywin Lannister

Master of Laws: Lord Leyton Hightower

Master of Ships: Lord Paxter Redwyne

Master of Whispers: Lord Howland Reed

Master of Coin: Prince Oberyn Martell

Grand Maester: Pycelle

My Kingsguard would be...

Lord-Commander: Ser Barristan the Bold

2: The Blackfish

3: The Lion of Lannister

4: The Hound

5: The Knight of Flowers

6: Greysteel

7: The Strongboar

The KG line-up is self-explanatory. I'd feel comfortable with those people guarding my royal fam. The Small Council is stacked with a lot of money and a lot of power, I think Howland is a mysterious guy and something tells me he'd get answers to questions, with no political allegiance to the other council members. Pycelle makes me laugh. Oberyn would be a great debt collector, imo. Paxter controls arguably the strongest fleet. Leyton Hightower is also a mysterious guy but very rich and influential and he'd be a good way to balance out the power on the council, otherwise Tywin would succeed at customizing his own small council with people he can micromanage.

King: Arthur Lannister, first of his name, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, protector of the realm, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, the First Men and Beyond the Wall

Queen: Ashara Dayne

Heir: Luceon Lannister, Prince of Casterly Rock

Hand: Stannis Baratheon, Lord of Storm's End

Master of Laws: Jon Arryn, Lord of Eeyrie

Master of Whispers: Brynden Rivers

Master of Ships: Euron Greyjoy, Lord of Pyke

Master of Coin: Mace Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden

Lord Commander of the City Watch: Ser Bronn of Blackwater

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: Daemon Blackfyre

Kingsguard:

Barristan Selmy

Arthur Dayne

Robert Baratheon

Brynden Tully

Oberyn Martell

King's Justice: Gregor Clegane

Grand Maester: Maester Aemon Targaryen, Lord of Dragonstone

Lord Commander of the Night's Watch: Jaime Lannister

Queen: Margaery Tyrell (Gets me Tyrell support and a hot wife to boot)

Capital: A new fortress built on the ruins of Oldstones i'd call Arnost. With 3 walls, and a Citadel the size of Winterfell.

Council of Westeros:

Steward(Hand of the King): The Mannis (No comment required)
Justicar(Master of Laws): The Ned (No comment required)
Supreme Admiral(Master of Ships): Ser Davos Seaworth
Treasurer(Master of Coin): Tywin Lannister (Gets me Lannister support and he's a good financer, though i'll have to be careful around him.)
Spymaster(Self-Explanatory): Tyrion Lannister (Politically competent and trustworthy)
Grand Maester: Aemon or Colemon

The Royal Guard:

Lord Commander Ser Barristan Selmy
Ser Balon Swann
Ser Brandon Stark
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Garlan Tyrell
Ser Brynden Tully
Ser Jaime Lannister

The Lords of Westeros:

Prince Eddard Stark: Prince of the North

Prince Jon Arryn: Prince of the Vale

Prince Tyrion Lannister: Prince of the Westerlands

Prince Willas Tyrell: Prince of Reach

Prince Oberyn Martell: Prince of Dorne

Prince Stannis Baratheon: Prince of the Stormlands

(Riverlands and the Iron Isles become part of the Royal Demesne)

I'd set myself up as an Absolute Monarch, work on centralizing the realm, and start rebuilding the NW, begin exploration projects to the west and the south, modernize the army.

Invite every Lord Paramount to send a representative to the Small Council.

Invite every Lord and Landed Knight to send a representative to the Great Council.

Invite each City to send two representatives, elected between the merchants and artisans, to the Great Council.

The Great Council is called to give his opinion in matters of state, and present the problems of the realm to the King and the Small Council, one time each year.

Invite the Maesters to send an Arquimaester to King's Landing, Lannisport, Gulltown and White Harbor, to start the construction of new Citadels.

Give a full tax exemption for 10 years to all the workers that help to repair and improve the Kingsroad, Gold Road, River Road, Rose Road and Ocean Road.

All penalities that imply death or loss of a member are to be only executed 30 days after the sentence, to give time to the judge reconsider his decision, and choose another more easy penality or to give freedom to the condemned if it is suitable.

Invite every Lord Paramount to send a representative to the Small Council.

Invite every Lord and Landed Knight to send a representative to the Great Council.

Invite each City to send two representatives, elected between the merchants and artisans, to the Great Council.

The Great Council is called to give his opinion in matters of state, and present the problems of the realm to the King and the Small Council, one time each year.

Invite the Maesters to send an Arquimaester to King's Landing, Lannisport, Gulltown and White Harbor, to start the construction of new Citadels.

Give a full tax exemption for 10 years to all the workers that help to repair and improve the Kingsroad, Gold Road, River Road, Rose Road and Ocean Road.

All penalities that imply death or loss of a member are to be only executed 30 days after the sentence, to give time to the judge reconsider his decision, and choose another more easy penality or to give freedom to the condemned if it is suitable.

You can't afford tax breaks dude! It cost money to assemble that many people, host them, give them places for moots. And the Wall is an inexpensive penal colony of sorts, that serves your Kingdom. But I like the idea of fixing the roads. Probably easier for you to order all of your Lords to maintain certain roads, per a certain decree on how they are to be built and maintained. You kick in some money and they pay the rest.

Queen: Margaery Tyrell

Hand of the King: Stannis Baratheon

Master of Coin: Kevan Lannister

Master of Laws: Bronze Yohn Royce

Master of Whispers: Melisandre, or Thoros

Grand Maester: Luwin

Personal Sworn Swords: Balon Swann and Lothar Brune

Captain of the Guards: Areo Hotah

Captain of the King's Landing City Watch: Addam Marbrand

You can't afford tax breaks dude! It cost money to assemble that many people, host them, give them places for moots. And the Wall is an inexpensive penal colony of sorts, that serves your Kingdom. But I like the idea of fixing the roads. Probably easier for you to order all of your Lords to maintain certain roads, per a certain decree on how they are to be built and maintained. You kick in some money and they pay the rest.

Of course wouldn't be accepted every single person that present himself to work on the roads, being only accepted few workers (10-20) in each sector (an extension of a few kms of road), plus the money the Iron Throne wouldn't directly receive from the workers, would be payed by the inns, merchants and another traders, that would see their bussiness increase because the workers had more money to spend in food, clothes, etc.

The Night's Watch must receive some signs of being a very honourable organization, for example, every Black Brother has a status equivalent of a knight and every Black Brother would be received has an honourary guest in each castle he visits (including the Red Keep).

There have been many versions of this thread, so this time around I will choose the following:

Imperial Capital: Harrenhal (conceived of as a Kyoto-like role, with it and the God's Eye being royal territory; the Unsullied can serve out their lives here, or as auxillaries in other

winter capital: King's Landing (reduced importance since the re-conquest, pieces of its major buildings being used to rebuild Harrenhal).

QUEEN: Daenerys Targaryen

Ladies in Waiting: Missandei of Naath, Mya Stone, Elia Sand

Lords Paramount:

North: Arya Stark (although Jon Snow administers it as castellan in her absence)

Vale: Yohn Royce

Riverlands: Edmure Tully

Dorne: Arianne Martell

The Reach: Willas Tyrell

Stormlands: Gendry Baratheon

Westerlands: Tyrion Lannister (administered by Podrick Payne & his wife Myrcella Hill)

Iron Islands: Asha Greyjoy

Blackwater*: Bronn of the Blackwater
*A new regional designation basically replacing "Crownlands". It includes Dragonstone, but does not include Massey's Hook, which goes to the Stormlands; its seta of power is at Duskendale.

The Small Council:

Note that there is no position of "Hand". There are some new positions replacing it. No councillor is of superior rank to another. There is no religious representation, nor officially that of the Citadel.
As well, the LC of the Kingsguard may be present but is not an official member.

Herald of the Crown (responsible for royal communications by raven; chairs council meetings when monarch absent; acts as royal ambassador / foreign minister if needed): Lady Sansa Stark

Master of Laws (writes laws, edicts, and treaties; considers legal petitions to the Crown): Lord Rodrik Harlaw

Master of Ships (more involved in building warships and maintaining the navy): Lord Davos Seaworth
- Lord Admiral (Narrow Sea): Victarion Greyjoy, or Andrik the Unsmiling
- Lord Admiral (Sunset Sea): Gunthor Hightower

Master of Coin: Samwell Tarly

Master of Whispers: "The Night Wolf" / Arya Stark

Master of Works (responsible for building fortresses, roads, bridges. etc.): Tyrion Lannister

Other Positions:

Holy Oracle (at the God's Eye): Bran Stark

Grand Vizier (doctor, scholar, occultist - not necessarily a Maester): Marwyn the Mage

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: Barristan Selmy

Kingsguard:
- Areo Hotah
- Brienne of Tarth
- Richard Horpe
- Loras Tyrell
- Archibald Yronwood
- Strong Belwas
(Celibacy is no longer required, but the KG still give up their lands and titles. If retired, they may go on the serve the Night's Watch.)

Lord Commander of the King's Justice a.k.a. "Grey Guard" ** : Lord Sandor Clegane
** The "King's Justice" is now a martial order of warrior magistrates, which answers to the monarch. They travel throughout the realm to enforce the will of the Crown, enact justice in the crown's name, and hunt down outlaws and fugitives. Each member carries the title "Judge". Heh.

Warden of the Crossing (the Crown controls the Twins since the downfall of House Frey; an officer is appointed to run it for a 5 year term): Brynden Tully

Master at Arms / Castellan of the Red Keep: Balon Swann

Master At Arms / Castellan of Harrenhal: Jorah Mormont

Warden of the Marches (at Blackhaven): Anguy "the Archer"

Lord Commander of the Night's Watch (still chosen by their own members): Iron Emmett

Lord Commander of the Gold Cloaks: Bonifer Hasty (chosen primarily to clean them up as a force)

NOTE: The 3 realm-wide martial orders go on the theme of black (Nights Watch), grey (King's Justice), and white (Kingsguard).

The Gold Cloaks are simply the city guard of King's Landing, and serve whatever local Lord (or Lord mayor?) rules there.

Archived