New York next weeks?

Ooof. This week is an especially bad week for us. :(

Already a number of things planned, and then we're in Boston for the weekend. And then standing plans with friends on either Monday or Tuesday of next week.

If anyone else has ideas or a desire to meet up and has a more flexible schedule, feel free to set up a time/place and I'll do my best to drop by for a bit.

BTW: you will want to avoid (or at least know what you're getting into) Blind Tiger and Ginger Man on Wednesday, Feb 12. Both bars are doing a Bell's beer launch event (BT 3p-5p; not sure about GM), and I predict that those bars will be crowded as all get-out.

Hi!

I'll be in New York from 02/11 to 02/19 so I wonder if anyone would like to meet for coffee, or beer, or food?

Last year we had a meeting in August that Naz was so good to organize and it was very nice! We met at the The Ginger Man which is a great pub specialized in beer.

Let me know if anyone is around!!

If you dress warm enough I'm still available for the harbor tour on the Staten Island Ferry, otherwise I'm sure I can make it to whatever meet up is arranged.

I'm going to be leaving for London on the 31st Kat so I'm afraid I won't be able to make any festivities that I'm sure will take place in your honor.

No you are.

Listen here, punk. You know how when you send out wedding invitations, and there's an old aunt that lives in Reykjavik who you know is never going to attend the wedding because she can barely climb out of her rocking chair on good days, but you invite her anyway out of common courtesy?

Yeah. Thanks for nothin'.

As usual, I've totally derailed this thread and made it all about me. Sorry, Trident. It was great to meet you last year (and ants, too), so I hope you can get together again with these knuckleheads and have a good time. I will chug a ginger ale in absentia.

PC: The proper etiquette would be to deliver it yourself, of course.

As usual, I've totally derailed this thread and made it all about me. Sorry, Trident. It was great to meet you last year (and ants, too), so I hope you can get together again with these knuckleheads and have a good time. I will chug a ginger ale in absentia.

PC: The proper etiquette would be to deliver it yourself, of course.

hi Naz! Pity you wont come. Have fun in India! At least it wont be cold there. I'm currrently freezing in Maine and I wonder if I'll freeze a little less in NYC.

I'd be up for a meet up (any of the above dates). Mauvka (formerly Etulftune), myself and Caryn Stark were hoping to do something with the BWB around the 3rd weekend in March. Any interest? Maybe we could head back to Pilsener Haus in Hoboken?

hi yes that would be nice! Hi Arch Maester Phillip as well. Could you guys make it Feb 19th? Or the 16th? Where is Hoboken?

hi yes that would be nice! Hi Arch Maester Phillip as well. Could you guys make it Feb 19th? Or the 16th? Where is Hoboken?

Hoboken is the "mile square city" in New Jersey directly across from the Hudson River from downtown NYC. Easy to get to by ferry or PATH trains from World Trade Center or several stations in and south of midtown NYC. 16th is Boskone in Boston, I might be able to make the 19th in Hoboken.

Archived