which POV chapter are you most eager to read in Winds of winter?

Lord Warwyck

Since they're not getting much love on this thread, is anybody interested in Aeron or Hotah's chapters? GRRM does seem excited about the first Aeron chapter but for what reason remains unclear. As for Hotah, there's a chance his chapter could involve a confrontation with Darkstar which could shed light on a few things. I just wish his POV's weren't quite so hard-going. What effect is GRRM going for with Hotah's chapters?

Jon is my favourite characters, so him definitely.

My next fav is Arya so her as well.

Sansa is my 5th fav but I really want to know what happens to her.

Tyrion is my 3rd fav and I want to know what mischief he gets in and out of next. I also want to know what happens if/ when he meets Dany.

Jaime is my 4th fav and I want him to live awhile longer so I hope he can get out of any trouble he is in.

In general though, I want to know what is happening on the Riverlands and Winterfell and any conspiracies great or small that are going on.

I also want to know what is happening in Dorne. What Darkstar knows (if anything ) that makes him dangerous.

I also want to know what Bran and the gang are up to and what Bloodraven teaches him next. Will he learn about the ToJ soon?

Since they're not getting much love on this thread, is anybody interested in Aeron or Hotah's chapters? GRRM does seem excited about the first Aeron chapter but for what reason remains unclear. As for Hotah, there's a chance his chapter could involve a confrontation with Darkstar which could shed light on a few things. I just wish his POV's weren't quite so hard-going. What effect is GRRM going for with Hotah's chapters?

I am pretty curious about Aeron's chapters (even though I hate him and all of his brothers). I'd be interested to see if he can raise the Iron Islands against Euron in time to throw off his invasion of the Reach. GRRM has mentioned that Aeron's chapter(s) are disturbing, so I'm guessing we're going to get some resolution to the "creaking hinges" motif that's been running through his chapters. I'm guessing Euron and Joffrey had similar attitudes toward their younger brothers....

As for Hotah...of all the POV characters, Hotah is the one that is closest to an third person perspective. He seems to have no desire or thoughts beyond his duty, which is why some people find him boring, I suppose. But giving Doran Martell an taciturn, loyal bodyguard is the best way for Martin to communicate his political maneuvering without going into Doran's head which would presumably give too much away.

That being said, I'm interested to see how Hotah operates independently of Doran, which I'm assuming we'll get to see on his mission with Obara and Balon Swann. And hey, if he wastes the Darkstar, he's got a lifetime pass in my book.

Sam (not because of him but to find out more about the Citadel)

Sansa (I really want to know how she develops and what Littlefinger is doing)

Bran (what will he find out with his abilities; what role will he play?)

Theon (what will happen in the North?)

Tyrion (he's my fav, i laugh so much reading his chapters)

Davos (Skagos & Rickon)

In the first place, I am curious to read what happens to Sansa and Bran just because their storylines may go everywhere, just not that way that I expect them to go. I hope Sansa to become an important player in the game of thrones. In addition, Arya and Tyrion as well as Daenerys will probably be my favourites in TWOW since I love them all and hope them all to get back to Westeros in the course of book six.

Referring to the other characters, my favourites are Sam, Theon and Cersei: Sam because I really want to read more about Oldtown, Theon because he might give us epic chapters surrounding Ramsay, Mance and the battle of Winterfell, and Cersei since she's the only remaining character in King's Landing.

I'm interested in the chapters of Areo (as I like the Dorne events and am interested in how the Darkstar storyline turns out), Aeron (because I'm probably the only one who likes his chapters pretty much and because I'm courious to know what will happen with the Iron Islands), Victarion and Barristan (because their chapters are great) as well, and I really look forward to reading from Arianne's, Jaime's and Davos' point of view. I'll also like the other chapters, but these ones are my favourites so far.

Furthermore, I hope to get insight infos on Highgarden from a Tyrell POV - either Loras or Willas would be great POVs. I really hope that this happen, even if we only get one or two chapters.

1) Sansa - because Littlefinger is my favourite character and I'm interested to see how Sansa develops from here on.

2) Theon/Asha - I really want to see what happens between Stannis and Roose. Come on, Stannis!

3) Davos - Because my favourite part of Westeros is the North. I want to see the Starks brought back into the game, I want the Boltons and Freys to get what's coming to them. And Davos and Rickon could be central to that.

http://www.latintimes.com/when-will-winds-winter-be-released-got-author-george-rr-martin-says-when-hes-done-hes-done-152675

Not sure where else to put this - or indeed if it's anything noteworthy. But it was tweeted by Jane Johnson (The mean lady who said TWOW wouldn't be out for years)

It mentions GRRM has completed over 1000 pages. This is the first I've heard of it and if that is the case, surely we can lock down 2015 at worst?

Again, it's a very badly written article and I have no idea how reliable it is. But we all seem to be taking Jane Johnson at her word for that tweet a month ago or so. It's interesting she is the one who tweeted this.

ETA: My bad - didn't realize there was already a thread

Archived