Let's defend Cersei in this topic

SerBarristantheOld

Why do people think Cersei is this utterly evil character without redeeming qualities? She's no Ramsay Bolton or Gregor Clegane.

Cersei is easily the most tragic villain in the series. She wasn't a evil girl growing up. She may have been cold and prideful, but that can be blamed entirely on her father. It wasn't until her marriage to Robert where he raped her constantly that she became evil.

In short, I would say Cersei really isn't evil at all. If she were raised by a decent man, and wasn't sold off to an abusive husband, she'd be more like a Catelyn Tully type figure.

As we've seen in AFFC, Cersei is NOT intentionally evil. All of her cruel acts are done to protect her and her children. Yes, she goes off the extreme in some cases, but who wouldn't be?

Tyrion the Valonqar. Jaime the betrayer. Tywin dead. Joffrey dead. Enemies everywhere.

That's my argument.

Um.... she killed her friend at like 8 and tortured her new born brother, these things were long before Robert. Blaming Robert for Cersei's actions is not fair to Robert. He wasn't a saint, but I don't think his intention was to hurt or rape Cersei, just do what he saw as his duty, provide heirs with his Queen.

Although, girl does have some fabulous cheek bones, and does love her children (as much as she's capable of loving anyone)

I hated her throughout AFFC, not gonna lie. I was laughing at her paranoia throughout it.

However, in her last ADWD chapter, when she did her walk of shame, I finally felt bad for her. I thought that chapter was really well-done, with her thinking in the beginning that she wouldn't crack or lose her pride, and by the end her confidence had shattered.

I'll be very interested to see in which direction her trial goes.

I hated her throughout AFFC, not gonna lie. I was laughing at her paranoia throughout it.

However, in her last ADWD chapter, when she did her walk of shame, I finally felt bad for her. I thought that chapter was really well-done, with her thinking in the beginning that she wouldn't crack or lose her pride, and by the end her confidence had shattered.

I'll be very interested to see in which direction her trial goes.

I'll be clear. I hate Cersei because i love to hate her. She's single-minded, not so bright, she likes booze which is a good point.

she doesnt love her children, least not really, because they're extensions of herself, her property. She held a grudge against Tyrion because he took her favorite chewtoys away from her, nevertheless Tyrion did it, before the siege of KL, to protect them, because he cares for Tommen and Myrcella.

She believes herself chosen to rules but clearly proved shes inept.

She cannot stand contradiction and will only enlists sycophants who would betrayed her as soon as she fell.

She pretended to not like torture but watch Qyburn questionning the blue bar, until the poor bastard was physically and mentally wrecked.

Not mentioning the stupid vendetta against Marg, probably set in motion by the tyrells to overthrow Cersei.

Least but not the last : Jaime.

Since Cersei couldnt have such power like her bro, she metodically ruined his life.

Ok he is probably a sociopath like her, but since his maiming, his pov proved he could have been someone better.

And he killed Aerys to save King landing pop, and Cersei could burn the city to the ground one day.

Um.... she killed her friend at like 8 and tortured her new born brother, these things were long before Robert. Blaming Robert for Cersei's actions is not fair to Robert. He wasn't a saint, but I don't think his intention was to hurt or rape Cersei, just do what he saw as his duty, provide heirs with his Queen.

Although, girl does have some fabulous cheek bones, and does love her children (as much as she's capable of loving anyone)

I don't think she killed Melara. She simply fell and the guilt Cersei has is more than likely because she couldn't save her. And the torture story comes from Oberyn. Chances are he was lying to cause seeds of hatred. Not knowing Cersei already hates him.

I don't think she killed Melara. She simply fell and the guilt Cersei has is more than likely because she couldn't save her. And the torture story comes from Oberyn. Chances are he was lying to cause seeds of hatred. Not knowing Cersei already hates him.

Even if you don't believe she killed Melaria or tortured Tyrion (which I don't see any reason not to believe) she still showed a lot of very disturbing tendencies at a young age. I mean, her mom caught her and Jaime fooling around at like 9! And she's been using her vagina to manipulate Jaime since a young age.

My point is, the woman is twisted, and it has nothing to do with Robert. Robert didn't help the situation, but he also didn't create it.

And understand, she's in my top 5 characters that I love. I just don't delude myself that she's in any way a good person.

Even if you don't believe she killed Melaria or tortured Tyrion (which I don't see any reason not to believe) she still showed a lot of very disturbing tendencies at a young age. I mean, her mom caught her and Jaime fooling around at like 9! And she's been using her vagina to manipulate Jaime since a young age.

I never saw anything wrong with the twincest. And Cersei did not really manipulate Jaime. All of those choices were on Jaime himself.

Cersei was basically sold as a brood mare. That does explain why she turned out as she did.

Cersei went into an arranged marriage she was fully compliant with. She even found Robert handsome and impressive, up until he said Lyanna. Then her pride completely disallowed her to ever forgive or attempt to have a harmonious life. Don't forget, she fucked her brother the morning of her wedding, but claims she intended to be faithful.

Archived