Community: #twentyseasonsandabuttflagonthemoon

OnionAhaiReborn

Say, anyone want to compare Community to Labyrinth? Prompted by a train of through that was musing that characters like Chang and the Dean are metaphorically speaking landscape elements of Greendale, while the students, or at least the study group, are 'real'. Like they're Jennifer Connelly, and the Dean is goblins. (Because of what counts as a concept-episode and what counts as a character-episode on the show. And whether this season is blurring those lines.) Actually, i'm surprised Community has never had a Labyrinth reference, that I can recall.

“Welcome to the labyrinth, kid, only there ain’t no puppets or bisexual rock stars down here.” -Hickey

My god, Annie, what kind of labyrinth have you created? Certainly not the magic kind with puppets and macho rock stars.”-the Dean

Both from Cork-Based Networking^

Say, anyone want to compare Community to Labyrinth? Prompted by a train of through that was musing that characters like Chang and the Dean are metaphorically speaking landscape elements of Greendale, while the students, or at least the study group, are 'real'. Like they're Jennifer Connelly, and the Dean is goblins. (Because of what counts as a concept-episode and what counts as a character-episode on the show. And whether this season is blurring those lines.) Actually, i'm surprised Community has never had a Labyrinth reference, that I can recall.

Go do your homework DP. ;-P

(It is a good comparison IMO.)

the reheated McDonald's of television.

I'm totally borrowing this phrase. So many uses:

Nickelback is the reheated McDonald's of music.

Nicholas Sparks is the reheated McDonald's of writers.

Budweiser is the reheated McDonald's of beer.

I love it! :cheers:

Is McDonald's the reheated McDonald's of fast food?

Also, ugh, why did you make me think of Nicholas Sparks? It's a little mental papercut every time I see that name. It's even a terrible name. Sparks? Sparks?

I'm totally borrowing this phrase. So many uses:

Nickelback is the reheated McDonald's of music.

Nicholas Sparks is the reheated McDonald's of writers.

Budweiser is the reheated McDonald's of beer.

I love it! :cheers:

Missed this! Glad you liked it. :-)

eta:

white castle is

So true!

What was the Koogler reference? Who was that guy? He's never been around before, right?

That was Mitch Hurwitz, creator of Arrested Development. I think the character was just supposed to be a parody of the 80s cool guy college dude, just way too old. He hasn't appeared before.

Harmon had a small cameo in AD season 4.

That was Mitch Hurwitz, creator of Arrested Development. I think the character was just supposed to be a parody of the 80s cool guy college dude, just way too old. He hasn't appeared before.

Who? This is like Ready Player One all over again.

I thought this episode was a lot of fun, even if it didn't have a lot of laugh out loud moments.

I'm certain I'd join mustard-face Britta in the reviewlution.

I liked Abed excited about fitting in.

And being angry about being a 5 and isolated from everyone.

it didnt have many laughs. (although jeffs standup was probably the highlight) but i liked it a good deal anyways. the concept was well done and fun.

except the kugler bit.i hated that

Who? This is like Ready Player One all over again.

It is a trope, the party king college student for whom higher education is all about the babes and being known as the raddest dude, dude. I guess a recentish example would be Van Wilder (I do realize that is like 12 years old). The fake trailer looked like it would be for an 80s movie with the grainy filmstock, a movie with a puckish troublemaker who is beloved by fellow students but has to ace his exam or flunk out of college.

Archived