TitanCon Belfast ~ Sat 13 Sept 2014

I drove from the UK to Ireland so I could take my 33 inch bastard sword to a con. :D

It's a good thing the border control between Ireland and the UK is so lax, though I'm surprised you didn't just take a ferry to Ireland directly. Was the con far from Dublin or Rosslare?

It's a good thing the border control between Ireland and the UK is so lax, though I'm surprised you didn't just take a ferry to Ireland directly. Was the con far from Dublin or Rosslare?

I took a ferry, there is no bridge. It was in Limerick. I didn't want the hassle on the aeroplane. I'll fly next time.

I took a ferry, there is no bridge. It was in Limerick. I didn't want the hassle on the aeroplane. I'll fly next time.

By "drove from the UK" I took it to mean you had driven down from Northern Ireland, which would be a roundabout way of doing things but I've seen people do worse.

• 3 weeks later...

Tickets for the TitanCon 2014 Coach Tour are on sale NOW!

This year's Coach Tour visits an old favourite at Castle Ward with the chance to visit Winterfell Courtyard and several locations that we did not get to back in 2011. We'll be making a return visit to the windmill for a group Hodoring session and then our final stop is very special because no other coach tour has visited this location before! A small wood on the grounds of Clandeboye Estate that has several filming locations within a stone's throw of each other including Craster's Keep and the tree stump where Jaime's hand was cut off. Of course we end the day with a traditional Hog Roast Feast in Clandeboye's beautiful Banqueting Hall.

Tickets for this year's Coach Tour cost £38 (+ £2 Paypal transaction fee) and are on sale NOW! Please note that there is an additional charge of £7 to take part in Winterfell Archery provided by Clearsky Adventure.

Please see our Coach Tour page for more information and full details of the tour itinerary.

I have one spare Coach Tour ticket with a Pic-nic Sac.

Please PM me for details and we will give MG a headache.

(I tried to be nice and buy one for someone thats I thought had problems with paypal, and had been away from the board. Unfortualty that person can no-longer attend Titancon this year.)

• 2 weeks later...

Tee-Shirt Design Competition - The Contenders

We decided to offer the opportunity to design this year's TitanCon Tee-Shirt to anyone with a good idea and the artistic skill to create it. In all honesty our biggest fear was that nobody would enter and for a while we were worried that was how it would turn out. But with just a couple of days to go to the deadline we received two fantastic entries with really striking and clever ideas. In fact they are both so good it is extremely difficult to pick a winner.

And that's why we need your help dear TitanCon Members - we need you to tell us which of these entries you want to see on the TitanCon 2014 Tee-Shirt and who deserves to be the winner. If your choice wasn't hard enough the second entry comes with a colour variation and I'm not sure which of these is better either.

You can let us know what you think of the designs and which one is your favourite via Twitter using the hashtag #TitanCon, or in this thread, or the Tee-Shirt thread on the TitanCon Forum.

Sadly there can be only one winner and it has to be one of these three choices. Please let us know which design you prefer as soon as possible so we can take your vote into consideration. Votes will be totalled up and a final decision made on Friday 8 August 2014.

Good luck to both of our entrants!

Please see our Tee-Shirts page for the full entries and more information.

TitanCon 2014 Tee-Shirts - Pre-Orders now open!

This year we decided to offer the opportunity to design the TitanCon 2014 Tee-Shirt to anyone with a good idea and the artistic skill to create it. We received two fantastic entries (one of those with a colour variation) with striking imagery and clever ideas. In fact we had such a hard time picking a winner we had to make it a public vote to determine which design would end up on the Tee-Shirt.

The results are in and while we found it hard to choose it appears you guys didn't:

• Entry 1 = 61%
  • Entry 2 = 8%
  • Entry 3 = 31%

A landslide victory for Entry 1 submitted by Oscar Ventura and Maria Fernanda Ventura from Mexico. Congraulations to our winners! They have indicated that they would like to make the trip over to Northern Ireland if they can get everything sorted out in time, we hope they will be able to join us in person to collect their prizes.

To see Oscar and Maria's fab design, and details on how to pre-order your tee, please go to the Tee-Shirts Page.

Postal service is a no go this year unfortunately. It was a lot more complicated than we anticipated, and there were a couple of issues that arose from offering postage service, and not ones we want to repeat. Nothing BAD, I hasten to stress, just a pain in the arse that I can do without this year. So unfortunately, for those that aren't attending TitanCon, you will have to get somebody at the Con to collect for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I forgot to post here when I booked (I remembered when discussing with someone at Loncon that I hadn't said I was going to Titancon), but I will be going again this year. I'm going to be arriving on Friday afternoon and heading back on Monday.

I know I did agree to pick up someone else's T-shirts while at Worldcon, but I can't remember who.

If you still want me to do this you had better let me know who you are and your address.

I seem to think it was Little Miss Sunshine. I'll message her on Facebook to remind her :)

Archived