Three heads of the dragon?

Niamhikus

ok first time doing a new topic so if someone has already posted something like this im sorry.

Ok so assuming that their HAS to be 3 targs for the 3 dragons who are they? dany is one and If R+L=J then the other is possibly jon, but doesnt danny have a vision warning her to "beware the mummers dragon"? because if so im betting ageon is not a true dragon,

GRRM wrote ASOFAI based on the war of the roses and during said war pretenders came declaring to be one of the princes in the tower and rightful heir,

so during my last reread ive begun to think ageon is not of targ decent and is merely another pretender.

I dunno what do other people think?

Welcome to the Forum Niamhikus :cheers:

Yes this topic had been posted a lot. The way I (and a lot of others) interpret the three heads of the Dragons is that it's one person with three identities and three sides to them, as it's the dragon has three heads, not dragons.

I think it's Jon Snow as he's Jon Snow, Jon Stark, Jon Targaryen, LC of the NW, Bastard of Wintefell, Lord Snow etc.

ETA: Here's the thread on Jon Snow and the three heads of the dragon.

The way I (and a lot of others) interpret the three heads of the Dragons is that it's one person with three identities and three sides to them, as it's the dragon has three heads, not dragons.

I think it's Jon Snow as he's Jon Snow, Jon Stark, Jon Targaryen, LC of the NW, Bastard of Wintefell, Lord Snow etc.

Well by that logic, Dany too is Daenerys Stormborn, blood of the dragon, Khaleesi of the Dothraki, Queen of Meereen, Mother of Slaves etc. etc. And Tyrion is the Imp, the Halfman, the Giant of Lannister etc. There are several sides to every person ;)

That would

Welcome to the Forum Niamhikus :cheers:
Yes this topic had been posted a lot. The way I (and a lot of others) interpret the three heads of the Dragons is that it's one person with three identities and three sides to them, as it's the dragon has three heads, not dragons.

that makes sense but where does that leave dany, jon isnt the kind of man to say "yeah I'll be having your dragons now get lost" but in that apect you could also say it is dany, Daneres targareyen, Khaleesi of the dothraki, Queen of westoros..

That would

that makes sense but where does that leave dany, jon isnt the kind of man to say "yeah I'll be having your dragons now get lost" but in that apect you could also say it is dany, Daneres targareyen, Khaleesi of the dothraki, Queen of westoros..

This thread it really good on the matter.

ok first time doing a new topic so if someone has already posted something like this im sorry.

Ok so assuming that their HAS to be 3 targs for the 3 dragons who are they? dany is one and If R+L=J then the other is possibly jon, but doesnt danny have a vision warning her to "beware the mummers dragon"? because if so im betting ageon is not a true dragon,

GRRM wrote ASOFAI based on the war of the roses and during said war pretenders came declaring to be one of the princes in the tower and rightful heir,

so during my last reread ive begun to think ageon is not of targ decent and is merely another pretender.

I dunno what do other people think?

There are likely plenty of other Targ descendants around. If you go back 3 generations Egg(Aegon V) had 4 children - Rhaegar and Daenerys are descended from Egg's 2nd son - Robert Baratheon was descended from Egg's 4th child(a daughter). Egg's descendants from his 2 other sons aren't accounted for explicitly. Even without Egg's other sons there are even more Targ branches from further back to think about.

Well by that logic, Dany too is Daenerys Stormborn, blood of the dragon, Khaleesi of the Dothraki, Queen of Meereen, Mother of Slaves etc. etc. And Tyrion is the Imp, the Halfman, the Giant of Lannister etc. There are several sides to every person ;)

Jon is different then Dany or Tyrion. If you read the thread they all posted above it explains things very well. He has his wolf-warg side, his human side, then his dragon-targaryen side.

You could also go by what they Undying called Dany - child of three: Daughter of Death, Slayer of Lies, and Bride of Fire. These are all very different roles she has to play.

Generally speaking, I believe it is three people, the Dragon might represent the Targaryen family or an alliance that will be formed. Also, it can be three leaders that will serve the same purpose of defending the realm.

No it cant be Bran becasue Bran is a tree, and trees cant ride dragons nor can dragons plant trees.

I wasn't thinking about dragon riders, although if Bran is as amazing as we think he is, he just might be able to warg a dragon.

I was thinking of the three heads as the most important "entity" in the fight in the War for Dawn.

@ OP:

There's really no telling how things will turn out. Will the three heads mean three dragon riders working together to e.g. defeat the Others? (Not George's style?) Will there even be three riders at the same time for all three dragons, or will a dragon not make it to Westeros, etc...

Who will get dragons is one of the site's favourite guessing games. It goes from Dany (has them), to Victarion and Plumm, fAegon, Jon Snow, Arya, Bran, is Bloodraven warging one... There's really no telling.

We don't even know if the Targ sigil refers Aegon the Conqueror and his two sister-wives, or if it was invented after a prophecy and refers to something that still needs to happen, so if Rhaegar was even right when he said "The Dragon has three heads." He's been known to have been wrong before, so you can't trust everything he says.

As for me, though I linked you that 'Jon is the 3headed Dragon' thread, I'm open to other interpretations, e.g. in the form of Dany (Drogon), Jon (Viserion) and Bran (Rhaegal). Just as long as it isn't Tyrion. :lol:

If we go back to Jon, I like the Ghost - Jon - Viserion one. :P

I wasn't thinking about dragon riders, although if Bran is as amazing as we think he is, he just might be able to warg a dragon.

I was thinking of the three heads as the most important "entity" in the fight in the War for Dawn.

got ya.

You can also say that Bran represents ice best, Dany is fire and Jon is both being stark/targ = fire/ice.

Archived