Lannisters and Plumms

Mithras

I agree that dilution was not Quentyn's problem. He was scared shitless and that is a major error as we know from Dany. Also one wild dragon at a time, please!

The descriptions of Elaena's dragon egg and Viserion's egg were almost the same. Dany's eggs were probably Targaryen eggs stolen by Varys (which might explain Dany's connection to them).

If Tyrion is a descendant of Elaena, that can explain the affinity of Viserion to both BBP and Tyrion in the future. Although I think Targaryen blood is not a necessity, the dragons might form a bond with the people attending to them even inside their eggs and they might remember their descendants.

Yeah, that's my thinking as well, on Viserion.

I figured that Ronnel Penrose was installed as Master of Coin and then wed to Elaena, so Elaena would be able to be the Master of Coin in truth, allowing her, through her husband, a place on the Small Council (I suppose the high lords would have been against having a woman on the small council).

As to Targaryen blood through a female line into House Lannister.. By the time you reach Tyrion, though, the blood is more diluted than Quentyn Martells, and his already wasn't enough. I doubt that, even if any Targaryen blooded offspring married into House Lannister, the relations are too distant, and it won't matter.

Elaena's marriage to Manwoody did not result in offspring. She was born in 150AC, so it's likely that by the time she wed for love, she was too old to have children.

Meh, if it's the character the George wants, a drop, no matter how tiny could be sufficient...

• 1 month later...

Archived