Joffery Tywin confrontation ?

Dildo_Baggins

• 2 weeks later...

In the scene where Joffery confronted Tywin that he hid under Casterly rock. I couldnt explain the facial expressions of Cersei and Varys as they looked at Joffery . Were they expressions of disgust or you just f***** up really bad? And why did they look at him like that?

It was pretty much "you just fucked up really bad", they looked at him like that because they were probably shocked at how utterly stupid he is.

I loved it when Joffrey shouted, "I am king!" and Tywin basically told him that he [Joffrey] was no true king if he had to keep reminding people that he was king. Took Joffrey down a much needed peg.

Also, Tywin's observation that Cersei basically let Joffrey run wild and now the realm was paying for it.

I do like that about Tywin. He's not afraid to tell it like it is. And Charles Dance does such a wonderful job with the character

I loved it when Joffrey shouted, "I am king!" and Tywin basically told him that he [Joffrey] was no true king if he had to keep reminding people that he was king. Took Joffrey down a much needed peg.

Also, Tywin's observation that Cersei basically let Joffrey run wild and now the realm was paying for it.

I do like that about Tywin. He's not afraid to tell it like it is. And Charles Dance does such a wonderful job with the character

Agreed he's a fantastic actor, he really portrays Tywin as a "boss".

• 3 weeks later...

One of my favorite scenes in recent memory. Throughout it you can see Cersei, Tyrion, and Varys (all generally strong and confident personalities) restraining themselves in the presence of Tywin. There's no question as to who the most powerful man in the room is - Joffrey is the only one not smart enough to catch on.

I think Tyrion and Cersei's reaction is a rush of adrenaline as Joffrey crosses the line, but their "flight" mechanism manifests itself as complete motionlessness so as not to draw the slightest bit of attention from the lion about to devour its prey. They both know full well what Tywin is capable of, but Cersei is unable to save Joffrey from himself and Tyrion simply has no intention of doing so.

Archived