Small Questions v 10024

Stubby

I did not detect any unanswered questions from the previous thread.

Of course, if something is still unaddressed, please feel free to chuck the question in here again.

Finally, please the report the thread when it gets to 400 replies.

He saw Sansa crying herself to sleep at night, and he saw Arya watching in silence and holding her secrets hard in her heart. There were shadows all around them. One shadow was dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armored like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over them both loomed a giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood.

In this quote, is the stone giant looming over the girls, the other two shadows, or everybody?

They're looming over the 2 shadows. i did a detailed analysis of the dream if you're interested.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/98873-a-closer-look-at-brans-coma-dream/

Thanks for that. It is a great analysis but do find something odd about the golden knight. That is clearly Jaime but Bran knows Jaime and is scared of him, we see it earlier in his dream when Jaime's face comes up and he screams. Yet since the golden knight is not named, only described, and Bran does not seem to fear him could it be Loras? Or could it suggest that Jaime is going to become a completely different person whom Bran does not fear but reveres? He shines so bright like the pinnacle of knighthood it seems to me.

Thanks for that. It is a great analysis but do find something odd about the golden knight. That is clearly Jaime but Bran knows Jaime and is scared of him, we see it earlier in his dream when Jaime's face comes up and he screams. Yet since the golden knight is not named, only described, and Bran does not seem to fear him could it be Loras? Or could it suggest that Jaime is going to become a completely different person whom Bran does not fear but reveres? He shines so bright like the pinnacle of knighthood it seems to me.

Bran describes Jaime the same way in another dream though.

Thanks, I'd thought that was meant for the post in question and there might be some other way.

Now when you report a thread for sporting more than 400 posts, that looks almost the same to me too.

Normally it is, but it's basically just a note to a MOD. If you were reporting an inappropriate post in a thread that would also be the way to do it.

Is anything known about the lineage of Tom Sevenstrings? He seems to be more than just a commoner from the way he talks to the Nobility, and he seems to know the Tully family particularly. Lysa sent him down the road from the eryie, and he has spent some time at Riverrun. He is among the leadership of the BwB as well so in a Feudal society, where deference is ingrained it makes me wonder if he has any nobility in his heritage, perhaps from some dispossed riverlands house.

He seems to be well educated and well trained in fighting. He lost his Horse and gold when attacked by a warrior clan in the mountains of the Moon but was able to escape with his life.

Just wondering

Is anything known about the lineage of Tom Sevenstrings? He seems to be more than just a commoner from the way he talks to the Nobility, and he seems to know the Tully family particularly. Lysa sent him down the road from the eryie, and he has spent some time at Riverrun. He is among the leadership of the BwB as well so in a Feudal society, where deference is ingrained it makes me wonder if he has any nobility in his heritage, perhaps from some dispossed riverlands house.

He seems to be well educated and well trained in fighting. He lost his Horse and gold when attacked by a warrior clan in the mountains of the Moon but was able to escape with his life.

Just wondering

Well, I don't know about Lysa, but Tom of Sevenstreams (not Sevenstrings :) ) once bedded a girl that Edmure Tully was supposed to bed to take his virginity. Edmure had drank too much that night, and was unable to perform. Tom made a song about it afterwards (the song about the floppy fish). Because of this, Edmure has hated singers ever since.

Tom claims his cousin is Ser Pate of the Blue Fork. Pate was married to Amerei Frey. That might be where he got his knowledge of nobility from...

Bottom right, next to MultiQuote and Quote buttons.

Thanks!

Thanks, I'd thought that was meant for the post in question and there might be some other way.

Now when you report a thread for sporting more than 400 posts, that looks almost the same to me too.

I always thought that too. I didn't think you could use it to signal that the thread was getting too long.

How old is Baelor Blacktyde meant to be? His father died during the Greyjoy Rebellion and he was sent as a ward to Oldtown. However;

It was Balon who’d sent the boy away from Pyke, to be a ward of Baelor Blacktyde’s.

Was Baelor Blacktyde's father called Baelor aswell?

Well, I don't know about Lysa, but Tom of Sevenstreams (not Sevenstrings :) )

In ASoS 43 Arya VIII is this bit:

... "The Tullys have never been lucky for old Tom. It was that Lysa sent me up the high road, when the moon men took my gold and my horse and all my clothes as well. There's knights in the Vale still telling how I came walking up to the Bloody Gate with only my harp to keep me modest. They made me sing 'The Name Day Boy' and 'The King Without Courage' before they opened that gate. My only solace was that three of them died laughing. I haven't been back to the Eyrie since, and I won't sing 'The King Without Courage' either, not for all the gold in Casterly ---"

"Lannisters!"

His given name from sometime before and the way he is introduced is "Tom of Sevenstreams" indeed, but we read it only twice (in ASoS 13 Arya II and in AFfC 44 Jaime VII). I counted near 30 times "Tom Sevenstrings" though, which makes that the name he is called, and another 11 times "Tom O'Sevens", oh the good of the search function, if it just wasn't so awfully slow. :-).

Archived