Small Questions v 10024

Stubby

That bolded part does not confirm it is Jaqen, the description of his face suggests it. That bolded part only shows he is a faceless man

I think Fingerlittle is right about the FM who killed Pate being the same FM who paid Arya's debt to R'hllor. There really is no reasonable doubt. Whether Jaqen is is true identity, whether he's working for the FM or rogue, and what his mission at the Citadel is are all very debatable. What his backstory, if any, might be is a big mystery too.

Can anyone tell me what the app has to say on Darkstar please? I thought someone here said that

he intended to kill Myrcella

but i wasnt certain, and any other information is always appreciated :)

The information that I have gathered has this to say about Darkstar:

- “Gerold Dayne is a beautiful man in his late twenties”

- Amongst the Queenmakers, there were multiple lovers of Arianne, Darkstar was one of them

Quote: Accompanying them are various coconspirators, such as her milk brother Garin of the orphans, Ser Andrey Dalt, Sylva Santagar, and the dangerous knight Ser Gerold Dayne, known as the Darkstar. Some of these are her past lovers, Ser Gerold among them.

- Darkstar actually meant to kill Myrcella

I think Fingerlittle is right about the FM who killed Pate being the same FM who paid Arya's debt to R'hllor. There really is no reasonable doubt. Whether Jaqen is is true identity, whether he's working for the FM or rogue, and what his mission at the Citadel is are all very debatable. What his backstory, if any, might be is a big mystery too.

I wasn't arguing against that either. :) I am also convinced that it's Jaqen (see my previous posts on the subject). I was simply stating that those few arguments weren't prove for it being Jaqen, but were only arguments for it being a faceless man.

The description of the face already hint strongly that it is in fact Jaqen, and it seems that the app is confirming that. But I didn't have any real doubt about it anyway :) It's still nice to see some confirmation.

Braavos may be anti-slavery but I don't see any direct evidence that the FM are. Nor is there any direct evidence that Braavos or FM are anti-Targ or anti-dragon. There's no evidence they ever fought the Targs when they had dragons. In fact the Braavosi joined with Aegon the Conqueror to defeat Volantis. Could they be anti-slavery and anti-dragon? Sure. Are they? We don't know. We can speculate but we don't know.

Absolutely, that's why in a latter post I said that this is connecting some information we have up till now. It isn't proven, it isn't even 50-50, I agree. We don't know. A wild crackpot idea I had was - what if Varys paid them to kill (Dany and) her dragons, so they will be certain noone would be able to top Aegon?

O yes, I'm not argueing against that :) I'm just saying that it's might not only be a book, otherwise he would have gotten it already

You're probably right.

The information that I have gathered has this to say about Darkstar:

- Gerold Dayne is a beautiful man in his late twenties

- Amongst the Queenmakers, there were multiple lovers of Arianne, Darkstar was one of them

Quote: Accompanying them are various coconspirators, such as her milk brother Garin of the orphans, Ser Andrey Dalt, Sylva Santagar, and the dangerous knight Ser Gerold Dayne, known as the Darkstar. Some of these are her past lovers, Ser Gerold among them.

- Darkstar actually meant to kill Myrcella

Here is the quote from the app:

"Princess Arianne brings him into her conspiracy to crown Myrcella Baratheon, but when they are apprehended, he attempts to kill Myrcella. Only chance saves her, but in the chaos he is able to escape beyond Prince Doran's reach."

I read that as an interpretation of what he says in the text just before the event:

"This is how you start a war, not with a crown of gold, but with a blade of steel."

I am no murderer of children. "Put that away. Myrcella is under my protection."

What is Wolaf?

It's a Westerosi history book of sorts, written by Ran and Linda with GRRM approved info.

Wiki:

The World of Ice and Fire is a companion volume to the A Song of Ice and Fire novels, provisionally known as a 'world book'. The book is being written by Elio Garcia and Linda Antonsson in consultation with George R.R. Martin and will be published in the USA by Bantam.

Garcia and Antonsson run the largest A Song of Ice and Fire community and online concordance of information on the series on the web. Martin has already confirmed that he sometimes uses the existing online concordance to rapidly double-check information if he is away from his notes. He has joked that his co-authors know more about Westeros than he does.

They confirmed that the book will open with a historical overview of the setting, have a 'who's who' of characters and have a large amount of heraldry and at least the Targaryen family tree, possibly more. The book will also contain a large amount of artwork, The artist Ted Nasmith, best known for his work on illustrated editions of J. R. R. Tolkien books, has been asked to do some landscape and castle portraits for the book.

What is Wolaf?

World of Ice and Fire I believe. It's a book coming out.

The World of Ice and Fire, a book written by Elio and Linda, with the help of GRRM, about history of Westeros. It's being written from a maester's perspective (like the Princess and the Queen was).

The way things look now, it should be released at october 28, 2014.

Edit: Ah, mindchap, you were a few seconds faster :D

The World of Ice and Fire, a book written by Elio and Linda, with the help of GRRM, about history of Westeros. It's being written from a maester's perspective (like the Princess and the Queen was).

The way things look now, it should be released at october 28, 2014.

Edit: Ah, mindchap, you were a few seconds faster :D

And yet both of you were slower than the drunken master, WAKA POW POW!

I am still holding my breath on the date, Ran has not released it yet as far as I know. I also read this may be a multi volume series or that there will be a Silmarillion style book that follows based of the near 250,000 words or what would amount to about 800-1000 manuscript pages Martin sent them. Martin can't write fast? My aunt fanny he can't write fast.

And yet both of you were slower than the drunken master, WAKA POW POW!

I am still holding my breath on the date, Ran has not released it yet as far as I know. I also read this may be a multi volume series or that there will be a Silmarillion style book that follows based of the near 250,000 words or what would amount to about 800-1000 manuscript pages Martin sent them. Martin can't write fast? My aunt fanny he can't write fast.

:D

The date I got from amazon and the asoiaf-wiki. There are no other sources yet, unfortunately, though several people have already pre-ordered it on amazon.

I've been wondering - what's the difference between a handmaid and a lady-in-waiting? Is it just that the latter is used for a lady's companion who is of noble birth herself, and handmaid is reserved for the low-born servants? And what's a bedmaid then?

After. Falyse is given to Qyburn in Feast, before Cersei's arrest. The Rosby inheritance is discussed in the epilogue of Dance, when Cersei has already been imprisoned and has done her walk of shame.

No, I'm thinking of the point where Cersei takes Rosby's wealth for the Crown. I'm sure there is a point where Cersei's smallest council discuss it

ETA: maybe i imagined it, I just searched and found nothing. Oh well :)

Archived