Small Questions v 10024

Stubby

So if his cousin is Noble enough for walder to let one of his daughters marry,He must be at least the son of a second son of a minor house or important landed Knight. But only important locally, in the riverlands. Because Jaime just thinks of him as a singer. I just thought he seemed an intriguing character and I expect to see more from him in the forthcoming books. If we didn't have enough already, he'd make an excellent POV.

Is Sevenstreams on any of the maps? Or is it not relevent to the story so hasn't been mentioned?

Well, not that noble. Amerei Frey is Gatehouse Amy, and she was caught sleeping with three grooms at he same time in the stables, which caused Walder to marry her off to a lower born match than she could have gotten. Ser Pate is a hedge knight of humble beginnings.

This is a theory :) we don't know what Jaqen wants exactly.

And that this person is Jaqen is also a theory, isn´t it? The idea that the citadel could have any information about dragons never occured to me. When I read this the first time i thought someone was about to get infos about the White Walkers...

I don't recall who asked now, but a while back there was a question on specific dates mentioned in the novels. As I remember, we all agreed on Joffery's wedding being the only such event. After reading tPatQ (at last!) I would like to add

Queen Rhaenyra's death - "thee twenty second day of the tenth moon of the 130th year after Aegon's Conquest." That is pretty specific :)

And also, Sunfyre's death - "on the ninth day of the twelfth moon of 130 AC" - again very specific

I thought I'd add this because when I read it that old question sprang to mind :)

And that this person is Jaqen is also a theory, isn´t it? The idea that the citadel could have any information about dragons never occured to me. When I read this the first time i thought someone was about to get infos about the White Walkers...

You might have missed that the Alchemist whi kills Pate is described in specifics exactly like Jaqen's second face, and kills him with a poisoned coin just like Arya does later, and says he is noone. So yes, he is Jaqen.

It is also confirmed that the citadel vaults contain the rare book "The death of the dragons".

Also the kindly man tells Arya the FM were anti-slavery and anti dragons, and probably helped the doom of Valyria happen somehow.

So when you join all those dots, it's a pretty educated guess. If you asked if it's ever spelled out or confirmed, it's not.

I don't recall who asked now, but a while back there was a question on specific dates mentioned in the novels. As I remember, we all agreed on Joffery's wedding being the only such event. After reading tPatQ (at last!) I would like to add

Queen Rhaenyra's death - "thee twenty second day of the tenth moon of the 130th year after Aegon's Conquest." That is pretty specific :)

And also, Sunfyre's death - "on the ninth day of the twelfth moon of 130 AC" - again very specific

I thought I'd add this because when I read it that old question sprang to mind :)

You forgot a few!

Viserys I died on the 3rd day of the 3rd moon in 129 AC. His death was made public 7 days later, on the 10th day of the 3rd moon of 129 AC.

Aemond Targaryen died on the 22nd day of the 5th moon of 130 AC. His uncle, Daemon, supposedly died with him

You might have missed that the Alchemist whi kills Pate is described in specifics exactly like Jaqen's second face, and kills him with a poisoned coin just like Arya does later, and says he is noone. So yes, he is Jaqen.

It is also confirmed that the citadel vaults contain the rare book "The death of the dragons".

Also the kindly man tells Arya the FM were anti-slavery and anti dragons, and probably helped the doom of Valyria happen somehow.

So when you join all those dots, it's a pretty educated guess. If you asked if it's ever spelled out or confirmed, it's not.

That bolded part does not confirm it is Jaqen, the description of his face suggests it. That bolded part only shows he is a faceless man

That bolded part does not confirm it is Jaqen, the description of his face suggests it. That bolded part only shows he is a faceless man

Yeah, the conclusion was based on the whole sentence. He looks like Jaqen (could be a coinsidence) and acts like a Faceless man, so the conclusion is he is the Faceless Man Jaqen :)

Oh, yeah i aready thought that this was a FM, because of his description, but it seems like i never linked the FM´s anti-dragon position to this "mission" in the citadel. Now i´m quite sure about the person to be a FM, Jaqen, but i´m still not convinced about the dragon stuff . I think I will give these chapter another look ;)

Oh, yeah i aready thought that this was a FM, because of his description, but it seems like i never linked the FM´s anti-dragon position to this "mission" in the citadel. Now i´m quite sure about the person to be a FM, Jaqen, but i´m still not convinced about the dragon stuff . I think I will give these chapter another look ;)

Well the reasoning has to do with the following - Jaqen was not on a mission to simply kill Pate, because noone would pay the FM to kill the noone (see what I did there) Pate and because Jaqen stays as Pate in the Citadel. He was adamant Pate should give him the key that unlocks all doors of the citadel, meaning he has to obtain something. Could be the book, could be a glass candle, could be something else. But given the FM history, the book makes the most sense at this point of the story, given the information we have.

In addition to my previous posts about this:

The official app gives two aliases for Jaqen: Alchemist and Pate

Well the reasoning has to do with the following - Jaqen was not on a mission to simply kill Pate, because noone would pay the FM to kill the noone (see what I did there) Pate and because Jaqen stays as Pate in the Citadel. He was adamant Pate should give him the key that unlocks all doors of the citadel, meaning he has to obtain something. Could be the book, could be a glass candle, could be something else. But given the FM history, the book makes the most sense at this point of the story, given the information we have.

I don't think it is only a book - he could have taken that from the Citadel with his key, he wouldn't have had to stay at the Citadel for such a long period of time. It might be more, information that isn't written down, but is known only in someone's memory. "Pate" would have to get one of the archmaesters to talk.

I'm wondering if "Pate" suddenly started to try out (and succeed) for his links. Pate himself wasn't very good at it (he had no links), but perhaps "Pate" stands a better chance.

I don't think it is only a book - he could have taken that from the Citadel with his key, he wouldn't have had to stay at the Citadel for such a long period of time. It might be more, information that isn't written down, but is known only in someone's memory. "Pate" would have to get one of the archmaesters to talk.

I'm wondering if "Pate" suddenly started to try out (and succeed) for his links. Pate himself wasn't very good at it (he had no links), but perhaps "Pate" stands a better chance.

Might be, but I'm fairly certain he needs to obtain something as well, because of the key he makes Pate give him.

Well I am not so sure why Jaquen would be in Westeros on a anti Dragon mission before the Dragons had returned. I would also like to know how Jaqen is communicating with anyone. He has been very mobile and all over the map. What did Balon have to do with it, if anything. Why was he at the Black cells, why did he stay at HH, and why go from there to Oldtown? The letters have to come by sea, and none of the events could of tracked Jaqen as his movents have been by and large random. Jaqen is also using glamors which the FM don't use. He was never anywhere long enough to get a letter from over seas. Though I suspect the FM that may have killed Balon was actually a different person.

There are not just Glass Candles, and books at the Citadel. It is interesting that Jaqen used the disguise of an alchemist, who were by and large replaced by the Maesters. He could be there to kill the Arch Maester, or the Seneschal, or perhaps to watch someone vote in the next Grand Maester and take that face. Then perhaps kill someone at court and frame the Maesters. Just another big mystery started near two decades ago, that has yet to be resolved.

Jaqen is also using glamors which the FM don't use.

Actually the Faceless Men do use glamors:

“Mummers change their faces with artifice,” the kindly man was saying, “and sorcerers use glamors, weaving light and shadow and desire to make illusions that trick the eye. These arts you shall learn, but what we do here goes deeper.

Braavos may be anti-slavery but I don't see any direct evidence that the FM are. Nor is there any direct evidence that Braavos or FM are anti-Targ or anti-dragon. There's no evidence they ever fought the Targs when they had dragons. In fact the Braavosi joined with Aegon the Conqueror to defeat Volantis. Could they be anti-slavery and anti-dragon? Sure. Are they? We don't know. We can speculate but we don't know.

Archived