Small Questions v 10024

Stubby

I was on the wiki, and I wanted to post a question to someone through the wiki, though, now that I did, that person doesn't appear to be able (for as far as I can tell) to see my name... making my asking a question rather useless...

So is there something I should do to make my wiki-account visible for others? I can edit pages, but, for instance, I don't have a talk-page (and I don't really know what that is).

It also says: User account "Rhaenys Targaryen" is not registered. What should I do??

I was on the wiki, and I wanted to post a question to someone through the wiki, though, now that I did, that person doesn't appear to be able (for as far as I can tell) to see my name... making my asking a question rather useless...

So is there something I should do to make my wiki-account visible for others? I can edit pages, but, for instance, I don't have a talk-page (and I don't really know what that is).

It also says: User account "Rhaenys Targaryen" is not registered. What should I do??

There's a button on there to "sign" your postings and include your name, but yeah your user page doesn't seem to exist. I think the problem stems from the _ in your user name. The wiki uses underscores to indicate spaces in page urls. This isn't you is it?

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/User:RhaenysTargaryen

when you login to the wiki does it show your name with the _?

There's a button on there to "sign" your postings and include your name, but yeah your user page doesn't seem to exist. I think the problem stems from the _ in your user name. The wiki uses underscores to indicate spaces in page urls. This isn't you is it?

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/User:RhaenysTargaryen

when you login to the wiki does it show your name with the _?

No that's not me. With me, it shows this: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/User:Rhaenys_Targaryen

Edit: Editing the page by putting a line of text on it or something, would that work?

No that's not me. With me, it shows this: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/User:Rhaenys_Targaryen

Edit: Editing the page by putting a line of text on it or something, would that work?

No, sadly I don't think that would help. It's gonna keep confusing you with the user "Rhaenys Targaryen" If you look at the recent changes you're right there at the top, but click your name and you'll get sent to Rhaenys Targaryens page, because as far as wiki urls go _ means space. I don't know of a way around this short of changing your username or making a new one just for wiki editing.

Edit: actually creating the page Rhaenys Targaryen would help in the sense that people would have a place to reply to you. You probably won't get notifications about the changes to the page though, as it's not technically the right one. It would also get confusing if the user Rhaenys Targaryen with no _ ever started using the wiki.

Which map would that be if I may ask? I can't find it on any of them.

It's an app, which I believe is no longer available (copyright I assume) though it seems accurate enough in all the things you can confirm. Here's a screenshot of that section:

http://imgur.com/uIKkp7J

I just reread the relevant part of TMK and it seems reasonable. I might nudge it a bit north. However, they approached the lake from Stoney Sept and the ferry ride from the western shore was only an hour, so it can't be too much farther north.

No, sadly I don't think that would help. It's gonna keep confusing you with the user "Rhaenys Targaryen" If you look at the recent changes you're right there at the top, but click your name and you'll get sent to Rhaenys Targaryens page, because as far as wiki urls go _ means space. I don't know of a way around this short of changing your username or making a new one just for wiki editing.

Edit: actually creating the page Rhaenys Targaryen would help in the sense that people would have a place to reply to you. You probably won't get notifications about the changes to the page though, as it's not technically the right one. It would also get confusing if the user Rhaenys Targaryen with no _ ever started using the wiki.

I think it worked... :)

Though I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Should the notifications come by email, automatically? Or do I first have to change something in my settings?

It's an app, which I believe is no longer available (copyright I assume) though it seems accurate enough in all the things you can confirm. Here's a screenshot of that section:

http://imgur.com/uIKkp7J

I just reread the relevant part of TMK and it seems reasonable. I might nudge it a bit north. However, they approached the lake from Stoney Sept and the ferry ride from the western shore was only an hour, so it can't be too much farther north.

Thanks, now I have a new app to find. :)

I think it worked... :)

Though I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Should the notifications come by email, automatically? Or do I first have to change something in my settings?

I think they're automatic for your user page. You can always watch the page manually by clicking the little arrow next to "view history" and selecting watch.

Thanks, now I have a new app to find. :)

It's called Westeros Map... but no longer appears in the App Store. Went away before I could buy the city upgrades (which looked really cool) and just before they added the maps to the "official" app, which doesn't even have a Whitewalls entry

:(

I think they're automatic for your user page. You can always watch the page manually by clicking the little arrow next to "view history" and selecting watch.

Well, I don't see any notification appear anywhere. I've added the page to my watchlist, but I guess I'll have to check manually every once in a while as well..

Thanks for trying for me though :) I see you've put something on the page

It's called Westeros Map... but no longer appears in the App Store. Went away before I could buy the city upgrades (which looked really cool) and just before they added the maps to the "official" app, which doesn't even have a Whitewalls entry

:(

I still can't figure out why they left out so many places on the LoIaF maps, I mean they managed to put in the City of The Winged Men yet couldn't put Whitewalls or even Raventree Hall. :huh:

Do we still need to spoiler tag PatQ stuff? I will do it just in case:

Who is Septon Eustace and how does he have so much authority that he can take the place of the High Speton and crown Aegon II? Given that the Faith's power is focused in the Starry Sept at this point, I imagine he wouldnt be one of the Most Devout? It just seems...odd that a normal Septon should be given the authority to crown a King, even if the High Septon cant travel himself

Do we still need to spoiler tag PatQ stuff? I will do it just in case:

Who is Septon Eustace and how does he have so much authority that he can take the place of the High Speton and crown Aegon II? Given that the Faith's power is focused in the Starry Sept at this point, I imagine he wouldnt be one of the Most Devout? It just seems...odd that a normal Septon should be given the authority to crown a King, even if the High Septon cant travel himself

tPatQ spoiler tags should (IIRC) be maintained until 3 months after the official release (so for another few weeks).

Septon Eustace seems to be the Septon in KL performing the duties of the High Septon, who is extremely old and frail and resides (for reasons unknown) in Oldtown.

Perhaps Eustace's power (to crown Aegon II for example) derives from the fact that he is the "substitute" of the High Septon. Since the High Septon is chosen by the Most Devout, I imagine the septon taking over the High Septons duties when the High Septon leaves KL would be chosen by the Most Devout as well.

tPatQ spoiler tags should (IIRC) be maintained until 3 months after the official release (so for another few weeks).

Septon Eustace seems to be the Septon in KL performing the duties of the High Septon, who is extremely old and frail and resides (for reasons unknown) in Oldtown.

Perhaps Eustace's power (to crown Aegon II for example) derives from the fact that he is the "substitute" of the High Septon. Since the High Septon is chosen by the Most Devout, I imagine the septon taking over the High Septons duties when the High Septon leaves KL would be chosen by the Most Devout as well.

I thought Baelor the Blessed was after the Dance, so the High Septon would be at the Starry Sept?

And thanks for the other answer

I thought Baelor the Blessed was after the Dance, so the High Septon would be at the Starry Sept?

...and finally the Starry Sept that had been the seat of the High Septon for a thousand years before Aegon landed at King’s Landing.

Makes it sound like the High Septon moved to King's Landing before the Great Sept of Baelor was built. Which makes sense, he would probably want to stay near the center of power to stay relevant. There would have been septs in King's Landing prior to Baelor's reign for him to use. The Princess and the Queen does make you wonder though. Maybe he moved around.

Makes it sound like the High Septon moved to King's Landing before the Great Sept of Baelor was built. Which makes sense, he would probably want to stay near the center of power to stay relevant. There would have been septs in King's Landing prior to Baelor's reign for him to use. The Princess and the Queen does make you wonder though. Maybe he moved around.

I had forgotten for a moment that Baelor the Blessed build the Sept in KL. The Sept of Baelor and the Starry Sept are the only places we know where the High Septon resided.

Perhaps it is so that the High Septon resided in the Starry Sept in Oldtown until Baelor build his Sept in KL, and that the High Septons before Baelor's reign all travelled to KL to annoint a new king?

I know there is a theory that Tobho Mott is Izembaro, with the strongest hint being his ebony and weirwood door. Is there any significance to stone knights armored like a griffin and a unicorn?

ETA: And what's up with the sapphire as big as a pigeon's egg hanging from a silver chain? Is he wearing a glamour?

Archived