New Trailer This Sunday

Westeros

Seems like Kevan is cut for good in that case. (Re)Introducing him in S5 after Tywin's death, with the audience having to believe this man hardly any of the viewers know has some deep connection with Tywin would be a bit jarring. I think it more likely that Pycelle will take on Kevan's role in S5, becoming more and more disgruntled and resentful towards Cersei.

Seems like Kevan is cut for good in that case. (Re)Introducing him in S5 after Tywin's death, with the audience having to believe this man hardly any of the viewers know has some deep connection with Tywin would be a bit jarring. I think it more likely that Pycelle will take on Kevan's role in S5, becoming more and more disgruntled and resentful towards Cersei.

Maybe. Though Kevan will have to be accounted for, one way or the other. He was introduced back in S1 after all. What is the guy doing while his house is going down in flames all around him?

Maybe. Though Kevan will have to be accounted for, one way or the other. He was introduced back in S1 after all. What is the guy doing while his house is going down in flames all around him?

I expect they'll just ignore him, and leave the audience to assume that he's running things back at Casterly Rock, or else died at some point during the WoT5K. Which is a shame, because I'd have liked to see him become a major character.

It should be easy to reintroduce him for later seasons, look at Beric, once he "reappeared" everyone remembered him, even if he was only in 5 seconds of season 1 and was played by an extra, same with Janos and Thorne this season, once they show up t the Wall everyone will remember them.

As for Pycelle, he can't do everything Kevan did, he is Tywin's pawn, but he can't oppenly start working for House Lannister and took regency after Cersei is in jail

You can re-introduce Kevan the same way you introduced Roose on the show. Poof. Suddenly he's there as an advisor. It's not really that difficult. He has nothing of note to do until Cersei takes over, it makes sense not to clog up King's Landing even more than it is now with his presence unless he's y'know, going to DO something.

I never got the impression while reading the books that everyone and their mother in Westeros hates that terrible, no good, curmudgeon Stannis.

I did.

Without that dynamic there would have been no story. At this point in the story Stannis is still a puritanical curmudgeon sitting on a rock. It isn't until the events at the Wall that he gains redemption in the eyes of the story.

I did.

Without that dynamic there would have been no story. At this point in the story Stannis is still a puritanical curmudgeon sitting on a rock. It isn't until the events at the Wall that he gains redemption in the eyes of the story.

Stannis actually inspires a lot of loyalty from his vassals. Stannis' main problem in the WOTFK is actually less that he's a puritanical curmudgeon and more than he doesn't have that many followers on account of Renly having Storm's End.

as others have said its very easy to introduce Kevan in S5 . just have Tywin mention him a couple of times in this season ---"I ve received a raven from my brother Kevan at Casterly Rock.....I ve sent Kevan to the Riverlands......because of recent events I ve asked your Uncle to join the Small Council."

the audience will be primed the same way Season one named dropped Stannis without showing him.

Archived