Will Viserion and Rhaegal turn against Daenerys?

Chilli

I don't think Aegon will ride Rhaegal but Arianne.

Rhaegal roared in answer, and fire filled the pit, a spear of red and yellow. Viserion replied his own flames gold and orange.

The colors of House Martell are red and gold with a spear, and spears are associated with Dorne frequently. I think this could either foreshadow Rhaegal a Martell, Arianne, riding Rhaegal. I think that is what Arianne wanted deep down inside in her id, for Quentyn to be "removed." If Arianne mounts Rhaegal then I think the one who will be her main challenger will be the rider of Viserion, Tyrion.

Although, while Rhaegal kills Quentyn, a Martell, he doesn't devour him like Drogon did the little girl (foreshadowing Dany riding him), Viserion the crossbowman (foreshadowing Tyrion riding him) and Rhaegal the bull (foreshadowing Victarion riding him), so I think there's a chance that the bond between Arianne and Rhaegal won't be clear cut. Rhaegal kills Quentyn when he sees him harming his brother, Viserion, and I think there is a possibility Rhaegal might turn on Arianne if she attacks Dany as Dany is imprinted into him as his mother, anymore than a mother dragon likely wouldn't let her rider kill her hatchlings. I think even the bond between a rider and his/her dragon has its limits.

I think the dragons' attitude towards Dany would depend on their riders.

FAegon does pose a threat to her, as everyone believes him to be Rhaegar's son, and he will have Oldtown, the Arbor, Dorne and much of the stormlands and Reach at his side, possibly along with the Faith. I don't think Euron will ride a dragon as he lost the dragonhorn, and he may be dead by the time Dany arrives.

Arianne and Daenerys both riding dragons, i ship it

Rhaegal, since he's green and it would mirror and Blacks vs Green thing with the first DotD, with Aegon having Rhaegal and Dany having Drogon.

I thought of Rhaegal as well, but only because Viserion is white like Ghost (and may end up with Jon). Nice catch about blacks and greens.

well Drogon will definitely stay with Dany. However I like the theory that Rhaegal may be under the control of fAegon. However Viserion is the one a dont know which way he is going to go. This is just a crackpot theory but what happens if the three heads of the Dragon dont actually mean 3 targaeryns but the "3 Kings fighting for the IT". Now I believe that Viserion get ridden by Jon, or a very crazy theory Stannis (I know he is not a dragon, but he does have a certain degree of dragon's blood in him), and maybe with some power from Mel might be able to ride a dragon (I know its a far fetched theory). But the big question remains how is fAegon, Jon, or even Stannis going to catch the Dragons. As they would need to be running wild in Westeros, but why would they fly to Westeros. If they have escaped and flying in Essos, the only way they would come across to Westeros if Dany caught them again (or if Vic becomes successful with the horn). So all is fair game if these characters where in Essos as Dany as no control of them anymore, but if she catches them again then she would be able to have better control over them, which would mean all our theories would be wrong

FAegon does pose a threat to her, as everyone believes him to be Rhaegar's son, and he will have Oldtown, the Arbor, Dorne and much of the stormlands and Reach at his side, possibly along with the Faith. I don't think Euron will ride a dragon as he lost the dragonhorn, and he may be dead by the time Dany arrives.

Without a dragon of his own (or something to counter them) Faegon is nothing but a really, really temporary nuissance. Even if Dany's troops are as crappy as they should be compared to Faegon's men, she still has a lot of weight behind her (and that's without taking into account that she'll probably have Westerosi on her side as well).

Any major battle fought with the dragons present would end in major calamity for Faegon's camp if he has nothing to counter them or a dragon of his own.

Oldtown and the Arbor. Well, we have different opinions about that. Without derailing the thread I'll just state that imo the Hightowers and the Arbor are about to receive the love and attention of Euron Greyjoy. And it won't be pretty.

Rhaegal roared in answer, and fire filled the pit, a spear of red and yellow. Viserion replied his own flames gold and orange.

The colors of House Martell are red and gold with a spear, and spears are associated with Dorne frequently. I think this could either foreshadow Rhaegal a Martell, Arianne, riding Rhaegal. I think that is what Arianne wanted deep down inside in her id, for Quentyn to be "removed." If Arianne mounts Rhaegal then I think the one who will be her main challenger will be the rider of Viserion, Tyrion.

Although, while Rhaegal kills Quentyn, a Martell, he doesn't devour him like Drogon did the little girl (foreshadowing Dany riding him), Viserion the crossbowman (foreshadowing Tyrion riding him) and Rhaegal the bull (foreshadowing Victarion riding him), so I think there's a chance that the bond between Arianne and Rhaegal won't be clear cut. Rhaegal kills Quentyn when he sees him harming his brother, Viserion, and I think there is a possibility Rhaegal might turn on Arianne if she attacks Dany as Dany is imprinted into him as his mother, anymore than a mother dragon likely wouldn't let her rider kill her hatchlings. I think even the bond between a rider and his/her dragon has its limits.

What a great catch! :bowdown:

I suspected Arianne will ride a dragon, I was never sure which one. But this is brilliant foreshadowing.

When I first read this, my mind went instantly to a very dark, dark place. I'm actually sort of ashamed with how quickly my mind went to the gutter.

Without a dragon of his own (or something to counter them) Faegon is nothing but a really, really temporary nuissance. Even if Dany's troops are as crappy as they should be compared to Faegon's men, she still has a lot of weight behind her (and that's without taking into account that she'll probably have Westerosi on her side as well).

Any major battle fought with the dragons present would end in major calamity for Faegon's camp if he has nothing to counter them or a dragon of his own.

Oldtown and the Arbor. Well, we have different opinions about that. Without derailing the thread I'll just state that imo the Hightowers and the Arbor are about to receive the love and attention of Euron Greyjoy. And it won't be pretty.

Even without a dragon he has a large army. And Dany's dragon can't be at every battle at once, and even so are still juveniles. Since Aegon II had Oldtown and the Arbor, I think the Hightowers and Redwynes will be aligned with fAegon, and Euron won't succeed in taking the two seats. I think Euron will almost succeed with Oldtown until he is killed by Sam with a bow and arrow, and his forces are taken unawares by Aegon and Connington.

Archived