Theon's Dreams in Winterfell

Mithras

Whether you like it or not, GRRM (the narrator) included Harwin to the feast, as the two quotes I gave prove. Unless you have something to add to that, I dont want to speak more on this.

Sorry, but you're forcing too much your Harwin argument. Whether you like it or not, Harwin is not explicitly listed at the feast. Your second quote is fallacious, since you mix in Bran's reminiscing about the northerners that went south with his father - this is completely unrelated to Theon's feast dream. As a side note, I don't care if you wish or not to speak about this subject - you started this thread arguing that the dream sequence enforces the Hooded Man being Harwin, and I'm fully unconvinced by your argument. :rolleyes:

:agree: 3 bolts and a single stab to the heart.

Three bolts plus a longsword being twisted through his heart. The last wound probably ruined his chest and back - a longsword being twisted after trespassing is no small thing. Afterwards, his body was hacked and mutilated, as stated by Tyrion in ASoS:

Sansa did not need to hear how her brother’s body had been hacked and mutilated, he decided;

Also, Grey Wolf is feathered with bolts several times. Jaime mentions it in aFfC:

Whalen demanded his sword and he gave it over meek enough, but when the crossbowmen began feathering the wolf he seized Whalen’s axe and cut the monster loose of the net they’d thrown over him.

So, the way Robb and Grey Wind appears at the feast in Theon's dreams do match the way they died at the RW - of course there is some poetic liberty in the dream of course - probably in sake the of the visual impact: King Rob guts are spilling over the table and Lyanna has a crown of blue roses even though King Rob's guts never spilled out and Lyanna most certainly wasn't wearing a crown at her deathbed.

• 2 months later...

Sorry, but you're forcing too much your Harwin argument. Whether you like it or not, Harwin is not explicitly listed at the feast. Your second quote is fallacious, since you mix in Bran's reminiscing about the northerners that went south with his father - this is completely unrelated to Theon's feast dream. As a side note, I don't care if you wish or not to speak about this subject - you started this thread arguing that the dream sequence enforces the Hooded Man being Harwin, and I'm fully unconvinced by your argument. :rolleyes:

If you read more carefully, I argue that the HM is Septon Chayle.

Three bolts plus a longsword being twisted through his heart. The last wound probably ruined his chest and back - a longsword being twisted after trespassing is no small thing. Afterwards, his body was hacked and mutilated, as stated by Tyrion in ASoS:

Still does not add up to half a hundred savage wounds. And the next time Robb appears in a foreshadowing, his head and Grey Wind's were replaced.

Also, Grey Wolf is feathered with bolts several times. Jaime mentions it in aFfC:

So, the way Robb and Grey Wind appears at the feast in Theon's dreams do match the way they died at the RW - of course there is some poetic liberty in the dream of course - probably in sake the of the visual impact: King Rob guts are spilling over the table and Lyanna has a crown of blue roses even though King Rob's guts never spilled out and Lyanna most certainly wasn't wearing a crown at her deathbed.

I wouldn't call Robb's death remotely close to "half a hundred savage wounds".

What was it, 1 or 2 bolts and a single stab to the heart...

No... Theon sees how he thinks Robb will die - gloriously in battle against many foes.

This is quite possible.

Good point. And I'm still waiting for an explanation as to how Chayle got out of the well.

Because he grew up in the banks of White Knife and he is quite the strong swimmer. I don't see the point of this information if he is not to survive the Well.

Archived