Second Game of Thrones Trailer Premieres

Westeros

Don't quite know what to make of Stannis's: "I will not be the page in someone else's history book." Without context its hard to be sure, but it does seem like further character assassination to me. What does Stannis care about history?

My guess is that it's an adaption of another conversation he has later on.

TWOW Spoilers...

Justin Massey suggests Stannis go east to the Free Cities to gather sellswords and build support, citing Bittersteel as a precedent. Stannis refuses, pointing out that Bittersteel failed, and Viserys spent his whole life trying to appease sellswords to no avail.

Davos could very well suggest the same, and Stannis might initially refuse, saying he won't be just 'a page' in history, implying he won't go down the same path as the others.

I'm more interested in who he's burning. More 'infidels'? Maybe they tried to nab Shireen in some weird adaption of what Alester Florent tried?

Some good stuff in this trailer.

Styr's scars look really badass, obviously the replacement for him still having ears.

Interesting if Jon goes to Craster's Keep, after being beyond The Wall for so long and considerably wounded. I dont think this happens. Rast will meet his end, ripped to pieces by Others.

The names on Arya's list are....meaningless. The fact that she has an ongoing list is whats important for us watchers. "A girl in grey on a dying horse."

Final scene= white walker. Coldhands is clad in all black, on an elk, surrounded by ravens. I saw none of his characteristics.

HBO is really ramping up for this season, and rightfully so. Some absolutely monumental sh*t goes down. CANT WAIT.

Don't quite know what to make of Stannis's: "I will not be the page in someone else's history book." Without context its hard to be sure, but it does seem like further character assassination to me. What does Stannis care about history?

Wow. I'm starting to understand why people don't like the "D&D butchered Stannis" crowd.

It seems this season will incorporate some of AFFC and even ADWD. For instance it looks like Theon's story has progressed as far as ADWD.

I wonder if the Ironborn story will be dramatically cut. Will Vic and Eur's importance be reduced to their interaction with Dany?

I doubt it. Adding their storyline to this season would be massive overkill, IMO. Too much is happening with the existing ones, we don't need to be starting a new one and meeting new main characters. I'm pretty sure they'll be included in next season, Kingsmoot and all.

A few thing I saw: Tywin and Melisandre in Arya's list (not that it means anything, I recall that Arya only killed the Tickler herself), The magnar of Theen (0:22), LF still with mustache (1:00), Shirtless Mountain with a spear (1:06), Dany's champion is not Strong Belwas but new Daario? (1:17), Drogon eating a kid (1:20), and if that is Coldhands he isn't hiding his face, and where is the elk?

Why is he burning a woman? Shouldn't that be an extra, named Alester florent?

Is it me or does that look like Asha/Yara?

I at first thought it looked liked Brienne, but then thought why would Brienee get burnt, maybe LS choice of execution is a BBQ, and not hanging. But will have to watch it again. But if not dont know why a women getting burnt, but it may be a women not getting burnt at DS but somewhere else

My guess is that it's an adaption of another conversation he has later on.

TWOW Spoilers...

Justin Massey suggests Stannis go east to the Free Cities to gather sellswords and build support, citing Bittersteel as a precedent. Stannis refuses, pointing out that Bittersteel failed, and Viserys spent his whole life trying to appease sellswords to no avail.

Davos could very well suggest the same, and Stannis might initially refuse, saying he won't be just 'a page' in history, implying he won't go down the same path as the others.

I'm more interested in who he's burning. More 'infidels'? Maybe they tried to nab Shireen in some weird adaption of what Alester Florent tried?

Well we know Stannis is going to be visiting Braavos is s4, with some behind the scenes with Stannis talking to Tycho, so you may be right

That isnt Coldhands no elk, he isnt covering his face

Do you guys recon that that is the scene when Tyrion walks in to find say and then kills her?

And in the trailer somebody rowing a boat into or away fr sewers could it be Tyrion rowing away, or could that be Meeren where Jorah using a boat to come in (a bit of a stretch)?

I initially thought the last shot was of Coldhands, but it's clearly an Other... it's blue and icy and not dressed warmly at all, or even in blacks. But I am still hoping for Coldhands to come in anyways during a scene at Crasters.

You can also clearly see Shae in Tywins bed. We can see its Tywins because there is a crossbow directly above the bed. That may end up being my favorite and most moving episode.

Additionally, we learn that Melisandre has been added to Arya's prayers because she took Gendry away... Does this new name in the prayer point to a possible deviation in the show, or even a future event from the next book?

her list on the show has been full of deviations in itself, she's mentioned Polliver once, Ser Meryn once, the Hound once, the Mountain a couple times and she always says Joffrey, Cersei and Ilyn Payne.

Adding the Red Woman makes sense, but I don't understand why she added Tywin unless Hound/her found out he was behind the RW.

Arya's list is the people personally responsible for her grief. Not saying Tywin isn't behind a lot of it, but does she know about it?

It seems this season will incorporate some of AFFC and even ADWD. For instance it looks like Theon's story has progressed as far as ADWD.

I wonder if the Ironborn story will be dramatically cut. Will Vic and Eur's importance be reduced to their interaction with Dany?

Theon didn't have any story in Storm of Swords. Did anyone really expect him to be tortured for a whole nother season?

There have been eleven people on the list at various points. She killed one of them. One other (Lorch) I guess she helped defeat. Three others were killed by other people. Six are still alive.

ser Gregor the Mountain, Dunsen, Polliver, Chiswyk and Raff the Sweetling, Weese, the tickler and the Hound, ser Armory Lorch, ser Ilyn Payne, ser Meryn. King Joffrey and Queen Cersei.

I count 13 people. Three of them she was directly responsible for, the fourth she could get credit with an assist.

What is interesting to note is that after Arya escapes Harrenhall in the books, she doesn't add anyone to her list. She would add the Freys if she knew their names.

there was a line in season one when cercei tells Jeoffrey the people in power get to write the history .....I think they go back to that logic....

Joffrey seems to have taken it to heart. From the lines we get from the trailers/ behind the scenes etc. extras of Joffrey/ Jaime and the other white cloak guy in the white room.

Margaery might have added a little bit to that "logic" too.

A few thing I saw: Tywin and Melisandre in Arya's list (not that it means anything, I recall that Arya only killed the Tickler herself), The magnar of Theen (0:22), LF still with mustache (1:00), Shirtless Mountain with a spear (1:06), Dany's champion is not Strong Belwas but new Daario? (1:17), Drogon eating a kid (1:20), and if that is Coldhands he isn't hiding his face, and where is the elk?

Doesn't look like he needs to cover his face, I mean Coldhands is clearly a white walker.

And in the trailer somebody rowing a boat into or away fr sewers could it be Tyrion rowing away, or could that be Meeren where Jorah using a boat to come in (a bit of a stretch)?

or Sansa?

My first thought was, "Coldhands!"

My second thought was, "No that's not Coldhands."

My Third thought was, "Coldhands?"

Then I came here.

I'm not entirely sure. The horse looks in much better shape than the half-rotted beasts they usually ride. His skin looks more leathery than oaky, kind of like those mummies they've found in Europe. The black hands seem to be gauntlets though. I lean more toward WW but I'd like to see the trailer in HD.

I just noticed that when Arya's saying her prayer laying down next to the fire/Hound she has Needle next to her. I couldn't make out whether she had it when they're riding Stranger in the shot before it....

If she does have it when riding Stranger with the Hound then that means we still have yet to see a shot of her without needle except for the inn fight itself.

I like my episode one prediction for that more and more...

My first thought was, "Coldhands!"

My second thought was, "No that's not Coldhands."

My Third thought was, "Coldhands?"

Then I came here.

My crackpot theory is that the forums were almost right, after the Trident Rhaegar went beyond the wall, but he became a Walker.

My second theory: they fused Bloodraven and Coldhands because having Bran sitting in a cave for 3-4 seasons is boring, also CGI CotF are expensive.

Archived