Second Game of Thrones Trailer Premieres

Westeros

I had a closer look on that small glimpse and I think the rower is leaving, telling from the rows he pulls (pulling the water towards oneself to go forward), so I don't know about Gendry. :/

I think there's no Gendry this season. Do you think it might be Dontos? I haven't gotten a better look...

the little man in the boat almost looks like Bronn or Daario. But I bet it's Dontos - all dressed up in his armor. Oh to be a Knight again!

I think that's it, too.

Nope. She doesn't. I'd hate it if they changed the dynamic in the show and gave her fucking stockholm syndrome to Tyrion, that's gotta be reserved for creepy Baelish.

Agreed. But I'm hoping they show her internal resistance to Baelish. It can be shown! Takes a little more effort, but Sansa is worth it.

Wait, where and when was it ever confirmed that Blackfish would appear in Season 4? I mean the thought excites me, don't get me wrong, but I don't recall hearing anything about it, and I don't see any references on the GOT wikia to back up this supposed return.

Well, this is what it says on the wiki page of Brynden himself: http://prntscr.com/2tdbis , but he isn't listed in the Season 4 overview and I couldn't find anything helpful while skimming google as well.

I actually thought they would use him to re/introduce a Frey during the Siege of Riverrun who later gets captured by Catelyn, but yeah, it seems like this won't take place.

the little man in the boat almost looks like Bronn or Daario. But I bet it's Dontos - all dressed up in his armor. Oh to be a Knight again!

Seems to be the most plausible, yeah.

Davos? It's boaty. White Harbour?

Seems way to early for me. The fight at the Wall will be 4x09, so I don't see Davos arriving at WH before 5x05.

It's not Coldhands in the trailer. Ross Mullan who played the main WW in season 2 and 3 linked the trailer and tweeted "Guess who's back?#whitewalker"

:(

I so wanted it to be Coldhands.

Agreed. But I'm hoping they show her internal resistance to Baelish. It can be shown! Takes a little more effort, but Sansa is worth it.

Totally! Her dynamic with Petyr is much more interesting, she's thankful to him and I can see it as a case being made that she has what we'd call stockholm syndrome towards him to a little extent, but I also see her as being a revolted by him and definitely not trusting him. I'm looking forward to the material they're giving Sophie Turner this season. With good material she's a fabulous young actress, in season 3 she was kind of bland because of the writing.

Nope. She doesn't. I'd hate it if they changed the dynamic in the show and gave her fucking stockholm syndrome to Tyrion, that's gotta be reserved for creepy Baelish.

the dynamic has ALREADY been changed. tyrion was shown being told by tywin that he would marry sansa and that he didn't have any choice about it, tyrion has not done any of the "bad" things he did in the books, tyrion told sansa personally about the wedding days before it took place so she wasn't caught unawares moments before, and the wedding night was a great deal tamer. the WHOLE dynamic is different on the show than it was laid out in the books. having her talk to tyrion on the show can hardly be considered stockholm syndrome. however, even with all that, the show has shown she's not happy in king's landing or with any lannister and flees the first chance she gets. that is not different. so once again, the details may vary but the arc remains the same.

now, the dynamic between between her and baelish on the show has remained as creepy as it is in the books. i don't see that being very different in the future either.

And yet the scene with Shae made it rather clear he did have a choice. She said come away with me across the sea, your father doesn't rule the world. And he said no, I'm a Lannister.

He could have even offered to take Sansa with them, since he knew ahead of time.

Hopefully Jon's storyline gets back on track. They are clearly spending a lot of money on Dany's storyline considering the advanced CG work. I am not sure if I love the direction that Arya's story has taken on. I think Maise Williams is having a harder time portraying the depressed teenager Arya as opposed to the spunky kid version of Arya.

It's not Coldhands in the trailer. Ross Mullan who played the main WW in season 2 and 3 linked the trailer and tweeted "Guess who's back?#whitewalker"

Why would they troll us with black hands, Night's Watch gear and a living horse? However despite those features it is clearly a White Walker, so I think that they might be making CHs into a White Walker rather than a Wight.

Hopefully Jon's storyline gets back on track. They are clearly spending a lot of money on Dany's storyline considering the advanced CG work. I am not sure if I love the direction that Arya's story has taken on. I think Maise Williams is having a harder time portraying the depressed teenager Arya as opposed to the spunky kid version of Arya.

as with stannis and dany's tv story, i think they've purposefully "upped" the emo part of jon's character in the earlier seasons to make his transformation more impressive while the books took a more gradual approach. but just as how jon came into his groove once he became lc, i expect the show to write his character with more strength and decisiveness. we should definitely see this shift this season.

And yet the scene with Shae made it rather clear he did have a choice. She said come away with me across the sea, your father doesn't rule the world. And he said no, I'm a Lannister.

He could have even offered to take Sansa with them, since he knew ahead of time.

This kind of discussion makes no sense.

Tyrion for sure could not have disappeared out of the main story with Shae and Sansa to live a happy threesome somewhere in Essos. There was no way Martin could let Tyrion or Sansa go, so if that possibility to escape together with Sansa would have been an obvious one the author would have found a way to close that loophole. So obviously that way was not open in the show either.

Apart from that Shae is completely naive herself about what political options Tyrion has.

Why would they troll us with black hands, Night's Watch gear and a living horse? However despite those features it is clearly a White Walker, so I think that they might be making CHs into a White Walker rather than a Wight.

I agree, I think it's someone playing the Coldhands role - whether that's a white walker or a wight. It doesn't really make much difference to the plot which one it is, and from a visual point of view I think it's a bit cooler/creepier to make it a white walker.

This kind of discussion makes no sense.

Tyrion for sure could not have disappeared out of the main story with Shae and Sansa to live a happy threesome somewhere in Essos. There was no way Martin could let Tyrion or Sansa go, so if that possibility to escape together with Sansa would have been an obvious one the author would have found a way to close that loophole.

No, there was no need to close the "loophole", because Tyrion did not want to leave.

He does not have black hands. Look closer, he has black bracers over his wrists, and his hands are partially covered by the horse's reigns. But they are WW hands. And that armor has not been seen before to be worn by any man of the Night's Watch so I would say it's not NW garb either. The horse is the only questionable thing.

Archived