Second Game of Thrones Trailer Premieres

Westeros

Thank you. Hopefully this will put the matter at rest.

actually it doesn't. it means the image is either of coldhands and that coldhands is not who we've been guessing or that yes, it's just a wight walker. we'll have to wait and see.

He does not have black hands. Look closer, he has black bracers over his wrists, and his hands are partially covered by the horse's reigns. But they are WW hands. And that armor has not been seen before to be worn by any man of the Night's Watch so I would say it's not NW garb either. The horse is the only questionable thing.

He definitely has black hands, in addition to the bracer and the reigns covering his hands. In fact his entire fore-arm is noticeably darker than the rest of his skin. The armour does not look like the traditional NW armour, but that is only to be expected given that CHs supposedly died a long time ago. His gear isn't going to be in the best condition.

It's Coldhands, or it's D+D being cruel.

That White Walker is not Coldhands.... I just finished the season 2 finale, and you can clearly see a WW that looks just like that, except in the s2 finale it has a helm on, but same armor and everything (well, the horse is white also). But yeah, the WWs obviously use armor. And people like WWs, that's why they put one in directly at the end, to build excitement. Its skin is too reminiscent of a WW, and I don't think Coldhands would look like that, who I pictured more as a very pale human, and would look more Wight-esque.

It never even struck me that the WW at the end could be Coldhands. I did think it looked a bit too human at first, but only now has it actually dawned on me since people have pointed it out. I personally thought they'd cut him, but keeping him would be a good move.

Overall it was another good trailer - HBO always deliver with them, but maybe it's just me since I've read the books and have the benefit of knowing what happens, but does some of it not seem too spoilery. Tyrion's obvious trial indicates that he's done something very bad. When Joffrey can't be seen in this trailer, it becomes obvious what that is. Maybe it's not to non-book readers though.

d&d have teased book readers before. :P

No, there was no need to close the "loophole", because Tyrion did not want to leave.

yes, he tells shae he doesn't want to leave and his reason for not wanting to: he's a lannister and playing the game is what he's good at. this has nothing to do with sansa so i'm not sure why there's a connection being made.

tv tyrion is told he has to marry sansa. so that means he has a choice of either running away from home or remaining in westeros and getting married. no loophole. most choose the wedding but yes, there is an option to run as lyanna did. oh, right. that didn't work out so well. nvm.

About the White Walker in the end of the trailer..

Look at the White Walker on the horse in the lower right of this picture: http://401ak47.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/game-of-thrones-finale-white-walkers-army.png

The horse doesn't look undead.

The White walker has armor/clothes on it.

I think it's safe to assume that just because the Trailer-WW has more armor on it than the one Sam killed in Season 3, does not mean it HAS to be Coldhands.

EDIT: here's the White Walker from the trailer--> http://i.imgur.com/DTbD1TB.jpg

EDIT 2: A more detailed comparison. http://i.imgur.com/eJ6IoHH.jpg

Well those hands look clearly black to me, so I'm sticking to my guns until proven otherwise. :p And if I'm wrong it's just another mark against D+D. 2 actually - one for not including CHs and one for including a Black-handed WW to taunt book readers.

D&D are toying with show fans by showing a Dragon over King's Landing and toying with book fans with a White Walker that could be Coldhands.

No, I really doubt they're trolling book fans. It's simply a shot of a White Walker in a promotional material, because it keeps audience's mind on the looming threat and creates hype that the Others might finally do something. Besides, D&D don't edit these trailers.

I ask you all: what's the point of Coldhands if all of his discerning characteristics are gone? You would want this watered-down excuse for the sake of having the character included in whatever form possible?

D&D are toying with show fans by showing a Dragon over King's Landing and toying with book fans with a White Walker that could be Coldhands.

You mean a white walker that some book fans have taken it upon themselves to speculate could be Coldhands? I fail to see how this equates to D&D 'toying' with us.

As for the dragon. We'll have to wait and see what that's all about.

Well, Coldhands is a wight and rides an elk. This seems more like an Other..unless they make Coldhands an Other for the tv show? I can see him riding an elk looking a bit silly on tv so maybe they gave him a horse instead? He does not seem to have the blue eyes of the Others so maybe it is their version of Coldhands...I'll wait and see but if they cut him out I won't be mad either because I have no clue what Coldhand is supposed to be good for in the book either. There's nothing that he does that Hodor (fighting the NW traitors) and Leaf (leading them to Bloodraven) would not be able to do in the show.

You mean a white walker that some book fans have taken it upon themselves to speculate could be Coldhands? I fail to see how this equates to D&D 'toying' with us.

Explain the hands. Why are they black?

I don't know? He's wearing black gloves maybe. Pretty sure his hands look more or less the same as the other White Walker. I'm not saying it's definitely not CH.

I just don't buy the notion that D&D are sitting in some lair, taking a break from throwing darts at a photo of Stannis' face, rubbing their hands together at the notion of book readers being upset if it does in fact turn out to be just a WW.

Well, Coldhands is a wight and rides an elk. This seems more like an Other..unless they make Coldhands an Other for the tv show?

I think you're right, they have made Coldhands an other. Riding an elk would probably require CGI so a horse would be easier, and I don't think it really matters whether it's an other or a wight (lots of viewers don't even know the difference).

I really don't see why they would cut Coldhands. He's perfect for the TV show - seeing Bran and co go off with a creepy wight/white walker would be brilliant.

He definitely has black hands, in addition to the bracer and the reigns covering his hands. In fact his entire fore-arm is noticeably darker than the rest of his skin. The armour does not look like the traditional NW armour, but that is only to be expected given that CHs supposedly died a long time ago. His gear isn't going to be in the best condition.

Please look again. The hand is the same color as his arm. You can even see the glitter of the icy skin. And those reigns are chains, which would fall in with the general WW creepiness. I wish I knew how to take a screenshot of the thing and link it here, but just pause at 1:37 and you will see.

If you look at the link I provided earlier, you can see the hands are dark blue White Walker hands. They only appear darker because of shadow and mostly because of the black reins that are are covering all of his fingers.

Edit: I don't think it's impossible for the WW to be Coldhands, but I think some people are seeing what they want to see.

Archived