The Craziest **Plausible** Theory

A spin-off of the "What's the craziest theory you've ever seen?" thread.

What's the craziest theory you've ever seen that was also plausible? Not necessarily true, but, when you looked at it again, you think, "Well you know, this might actually stand a chance."

Mine was easy to settle on: The theory that Ashara Dayne is alive, married to Howland Reed and the mother of Jojen and Meera.

I first saw the theory and thought, "What in the hell ..." and then I read the defense and thought, "If this isn't true, it should be."

Hey, back off bucko! She can make all the crazy threads she wants.

I really love bumps' Drawing Blood From A Bolton theory. Its kinda crackpot but makes way too much sense than should be allowed. Like, its pretty well thought out and awesome but yer like "well i dunno if this is ACTUALLY a thing..." until you read it again and yer like "Dude, this could so be a thing! This is a thing! FUCK IT, ITS A THING!"

I also loved that one of yours about Lem. Its not really all that out there either.

Wow how bored are you this week? So basically the same as yesterday but more plausible but still crazy. Plausible crazy? Plazy?

Not as bored as I'd have to be to waste 30 seconds of my life in a thread and not even answer the question.

ETA: Oh and not bored enough to write thousands of words about a code that doesn't actually exist.

I love that one too. Gwyn's. :D

Oh yeah! I thought it was yours.

I really, really enjoy the crackpot theory that says Lem the Lemoncloak is actually Ser Richard Lonmouth, the famous friend and former squire to Rhaegar Targaryen. It's probably the most plausible theory I've found that has next to zero evidence to support it.

Yeah this is the one i think.

Im fond of the one about Wylla being Septa Lemore. Probably because its mine. Lawl

Arya=Tycho? Must read that theory. Link please!

The Ashara is alive married to Howland is probably the biggest one for me. The defense of it just made it feel like it needs to be my head canon. I kinda think it should be discussed more, put up for further scrutinization, become a replacement for the weekly "who is jon's mama" and "is aegon real" threads.

Another one, I feel almost embarrassed to admit for some reason, is Jojen paste. I've always written it off as too out there. Then one evening another poster (who shall not be named) and I went over the chapter line by line several times and compared it to language used in other similar scenes. Ultimately, we were left with the feeling that there is some plausibility to it. I tend to ignore it because I just don't like it.

Another one, I feel almost embarrassed to admit for some reason, is Jojen paste. I've always written it off as too out there. Then one evening another poster (who shall not be named) and I went over the chapter line by line several times and compared it to language used in other similar scenes. Ultimately, we were left with the feeling that there is some plausibility to it. I tend to ignore it because I just don't like it.

Agreed. It sounds wild and I absolutely loathe the idea of it, but I'd be lying if I said it was implausible.

The one about Melisandre being the daughter of Bloodraven and Sheira Seastar. It's awesomely plausible.

Also the one (it's in one of the PtP threads) that Sansa's cloak that she wore while escaping KL is the Hound's Kingsguard cloak that she dyed and mended while hanging out with Marg and her cousins. I LOVE that one.

Not as bored as I'd have to be to waste 30 seconds of my life in a thread and not even answer the question.

ETA: Oh and not bored enough to write thousands of words about a code that doesn't actually exist.

Hahahaha 5000 Words and it wasn't a code, that was just the title. Though the rule of 3 still applies as an indicator which is the biggest part of the theory anyway. You might try using the rule of three that way. Though if any theory is wrong it's just a waste of time by that measure. How many theories have you written? Most theories are wrong in fact. But basically the same theory back to back, seems like your bored. Wasn't an insult just an observation and question based on curiosity.

Anyway I will answer you question but I needed to think about it for a bit. Aegon is real, I think it is crazy but for Martin he made it seem so implausible and obvious that it makes me wonder sometimes. Not generally his style.

ETA. I did want to say you are right, I am extremely bored, and that's why I looked at your thread. I am ok with it though, I can actually handle being bored, in fact I don't even feel the need to snap at someone. Can you imagine?

Hey, back off bucko! She can make all the crazy threads she wants.

I really love bumps' Drawing Blood From A Bolton theory. Its kinda crackpot but makes way too much sense than should be allowed. Like, its pretty well thought out and awesome but yer like "well i dunno if this is ACTUALLY a thing..." until you read it again and yer like "Dude, this could so be a thing! This is a thing! FUCK IT, ITS A THING!"

I also loved that one of yours about Lem. Its not really all that out there either.

Bucko? What exactly did you read into my first post? That a person might be bored and that being bored is somehow offensive or an insult? It amazes me what people feel is implied sometimes.

ETA-after-seeing-who-the-response-is-directed-to-slam, whoo!

@Topic:

- Jojen paste. I think this is more than plausible, call me a defender

- Varys is a wizard

- Missandei is a faceless person

Wait, I'm drifting towards "most plausible crazy theories" instead of "craziest plausible theories"

- Drawing blood from a Bolton

Also the one (it's in one of the PtP threads) that Sansa's cloak that she wore while escaping KL is the Hound's Kingsguard cloak that she dyed and mended while hanging out with Marg and her cousins. I LOVE that one.

No big deal if you don't want to hunt for it, but do you have a link? This is interesting and I haven't seen it before. (I'm pro-PtoP stuff but don't spend much time in them).

The one about Melisandre being the daughter of Bloodraven and Sheira Seastar. It's awesomely plausible.

I love both theories as well. Mel, the worshipper of R'hollor and loves fire, against her father, who is practically one of the Old Gods himself/Ice/potentially in line with the Great Other.

I love the kingsguard cloak theory and it makes a lot of sense :).

The Boltons being genetically related to the WW. In a small way it made sense to me because their colorless/cold eyes are mentioned so frequently. I would prefer if they were not related because, honestly,

I don't see the WW as creepy as the Boltons. This probably seems crazy too.

Archived