The Craziest **Plausible** Theory

I have three:

Rhaegar's harp is in Lyanna's tomb... just as the Blue Flower in her lap cod be a nod to Rhaegar "putting" Jon in her lap, I think the harp inside Lyanna's likeness could be "Rhaegar's hidden personality" inside Lyanna's other likeness, Jon. A little bawdy, but makes sense to me.

Missandei is a faceless man. It's totally out there, but the evidence is beautiful. I'm only not convinced because of how strange it was upon first reading the title.

Special nod to Jojen Paste. Line by line as Dr. Pepper said, that chapter is terryfing. "Moon sharp as a blade of knife" shows up a bunch just like "boom doom boom" at the Red Wedding.

No big deal if you don't want to hunt for it, but do you have a link? This is interesting and I haven't seen it before. (I'm pro-PtoP stuff but don't spend much time in them).

The Bloody Cloak. It's the brilliance of Lady Gwynhyfvar and Milady of York.

(If I did the linking wrong, sorry. The just-closed PtP XXI has all the resources linked in the first post.)

(If I did the linking wrong, sorry. The just-closed PtP XXI has all the resources linked in the first post.)

A wonderful read! I am thoroughly impressed.

I would lean towards the [Missandei is a COTF] as being more plausible than [Missandei is a Faceless Man].

Another theory would be: Coldhands is Dunk. I think it's very plausible.

All seem rather implausible, but I'm intrigued by Coldhands being Dunk. Could you explain?

I have a bit of a rule with theories. If I didn't come up with an inkling of it over my rereads then I'm not really going to spend too much time worrying about it.

But a week ago I stumbled across a Jojen paste theory and omg I'm just addicted to it. Every time I want to debunk it in my head I just keep "hearing" Jojen tell Bran that he shouldn't be the one to be afraid.

-shivers-

I suppose it's possible. A few knocks I have against it, though, is that Coldhands is never considered an uncommonly tall man by Bran (or anyone else in the group), whereas Dunk is constantly ridiculed/lauded for his height.

Also, Coldhands was a member of the Night's Watch, whereas Dunk died a Kingsguard at Summerhall, far away from Beyond the Wall.

This is brilliant. Thanks for sharing!

Is Aegon being fake technically a theory? Reading the text purely as it stands, he is presented as the real deal. Obviously a great many of us believe otherwise, but does this count?

If not, my next vote would go to the Jojen paste. It sounded absurd at first, but got scarily more believable quickly.

I suppose it's possible. A few knocks I have against it, though, is that Coldhands is never considered an uncommonly tall man by Bran (or anyone else in the group), whereas Dunk is constantly ridiculed/lauded for his height.

Also, Coldhands was a member of the Night's Watch, whereas Dunk died a Kingsguard at Summerhall, far away from Beyond the Wall.

What happened at Summerhall is never clearly stated in the books.

I also like the Coldhands is Dunk theory. And since we don't really know that Dunk definitely died at Summerhall, I think it's plausible. I mean, there has to be a reason the Dunk and Egg stories are trickling out- too many questions could be answered if we find out exactly what happened at Summerhall before the last two (three?) books come out.

I recently read the Howland Reed is the High Septon theory. Crazy. Plausible. Not my fave theory, but it is the one I'm currently researching. I rather prefer the Howland Reed married and is hiding Ashara Dayne or Shiera Seastar at Greywater Watch to a rather pointless infiltration of the Faith, but I'm reading more about it.

Archived