The Craziest **Plausible** Theory

If Jon was Aerys's son, then Visaerys would be next in line, not Jon. It would go:

Aerys> Rhaegar> Aegon> Visaerys> Jon

But if he's Rhaegar's true born son it goes:

Aerys> Rhaegar> Aegon> Jon> Visaerys.

The second option is the only one that explains why the KG are with Jon not Visaerys. Aegon, Aerys and Rhaegar all had KG near them, so does Jon. But not Visaerys. So Jon is before Visa, meaning he cannot be Aerys son.

:agree:

JON IS THE ONE TRUE KING! AND SER ARTHUR IS ALIVE AND SHALL BE LORD COMMANDER OF JON'S KG! :commie:

So what? Rhaeger is not king. Aery's is. KG primary role is to guard the King. In a time of open rebellion, they would be at KL protecting the King.

Also the family. The KG also protects Cersei and Jaime recalls that they were supposed to protect Rhaella (when he remembers Aerys raping her). If Lyanna was in fact married to Rhaegar, then she's his wife and a member of the family.

Also the family. The KG also protects Cersei and Jaime recalls that they were supposed to protect Rhaella (when he remembers Aerys raping her). If Lyanna was in fact married to Rhaegar, then she's his wife and a member of the family.

No disagreement. But, you assume that other people knew of a secret marriage. My question still stands: Why would Aery's give up close of half his kingsguard to his plotting whimsical son who just kidnapped (as far as the world knows) some other lord's daughter?

No disagreement. But, you assume that other people knew of a secret marriage. My question still stands: Why would Aery's give up close of half his kingsguard to his plotting whimsical son who just kidnapped (as far as the world knows) some other lord's daughter?

Well, to be honest, I don't know -nor I'm sure whether we, as readers, know- how much power the Prince has about the KG. We know they protect Joffrey as well when he was still a prince, but Joffrey was still a child, while Rhaegar was a grown man, full able to give orders to a guard. If he took the guards with him there is no much Aerys could have done to bring them back to him.

I recently read the Howland Reed is the High Septon theory. Crazy. Plausible. Not my fave theory, but it is the one I'm currently researching. I rather prefer the Howland Reed married and is hiding Ashara Dayne or Shiera Seastar at Greywater Watch to a rather pointless infiltration of the Faith, but I'm reading more about it.

Can't it be both?

(Also the infiltration is only pointless if it wasn't accompanied a small army of also disguised cronnogmen hiding in plain site in KL. How handy would it be for an invading Nortgern army to have a group (who for religious reasons no one would expect to help you) open all the gates. (Super. It would be super handy).)

Faegon is a Stark bastard. If he was conceived at Harrenhal, he would be about the right age to pass as Aegon, violet eyes are common in the Daynes, and white hair crops up now and then. And we know that at least Brandon slept with Ashara.

Yup! Classic shakespearian role reversal. The beggar is the prince and the prince the beggar. The stark is a targ and the targ is a stark.

Yup! Classic shakespearian role reversal. The beggar is the prince and the prince the beggar. The stark is a targ and the targ is a stark.

That's the biggest reason I like it, it makes Jon and Aegon perfect foils. I just have this picture of Jon crowned King in the North marching south with what survivors he can find, meeting Aegon's army outside the the Inn of the Kneeling King, and surrendering his crown in exchange for uniting the their armies against The Other. All will think it history repeating, when it is history reversed.

Also, the Doyalist in me says that Aegon will be inversely successful to how real he is. Aegon Targaryen won't hold the Throne for a day, Aegon Blackfyre will lose it before the series ends, Aegon Sand (I don't know what to call a bastard raised in Essos) will win the Game meaning that either Ned or Brandon won despite dying.

Jojen Dayne-Reed: I suppose it could be both- both hidden wives AND infiltrate the Faith. I like the Ashara Dayne is his wife disguised theory better (her name starts w a J, can't think of it right now).

And agree w you as well that infiltrating the Faith might not be "pointless". That was a poor choice of wording that I used. After I read about the theory and that he could be leading a possible army that is forming literally INSIDE King's Landing, I regretted using the word pointless.

That LS established the orphanage that Brianne stumbled across in hopes of finding Arya. Lady Stoneheart runs the BWB, Gendry joined the BWB. Gendry is protector of the orphanage. Gendry also knows what Arya looks like if she stops by.

Jojen Dayne-Reed: I suppose it could be both- both hidden wives AND infiltrate the Faith. I like the Ashara Dayne is his wife disguised theory better (her name starts w a J, can't think of it right now).

And agree w you as well that infiltrating the Faith might not be "pointless". That was a poor choice of wording that I used. After I read about the theory and that he could be leading a possible army that is forming literally INSIDE King's Landing, I regretted using the word pointless.

I would worry about it. Grammar arguments are usually ...pointless. :)

Lysa and Selyse had the damnedest time bearing live children under the tender care of Pycelle. But Cersei did OK.

I don't think that's on a thread. I just made it up.

You should make a thread, if you're sure Pycelle would have been the guy for each of them. I would think those two ladies might have had their own maesters looking after them.

Faegon is a Stark bastard. If he was conceived at Harrenhal, he would be about the right age to pass as Aegon, violet eyes are common in the Daynes, and white hair crops up now and then. And we know that at least Brandon slept with Ashara.

Bloodraven is Ghost's father through virginal conception. Well okay, the direwolf mom most likely wasn't a virgin, but you get the point.

Yes to both.

Archived