Bakker XXV: A Few Questions

SilentRoamer

Why would he possibly call himself that? O-o. Gondor and Arnor were founded by Numenoreans, Arnor was destroyed but the rangers are drawn from its survivors. There were also Black Numenoreans that served Sauron as late as the War of the Ring.

But Wikipedia confirms that he does call himself last of the Numenoreans. I guess he's being poetical or something.

We've been over all of this. I don't necessarily dismiss the possibility of some kind of trick, but the idea that he hid the heart up his butt is too ridiculous to contemplate. And even if true, how do you explain that it subsequently caught fire in his hand?

In my opinion, the only thing that fits the text is a miracle. Add to that the belief of many of us that Bakker tended to hide evidence of the divine in plain sight, and I think that's the answer.

Why does the heart bursting into flames have to be a miracle, why not sorcery?
It can't be typical sorcery because Kellhus is still untarnished during TWP and only gets the mark later in TTT. It thus (from what we understand of the metaphysics) has to either be a miracle or Cish-type casting. It cannot be anagogic or gnostic sorcery - at least not done by Kellhus.

Also I'm sure it's been discussed, but if Moe and cnauir are alive, who are your guys thoughts on whom they would be? I don't think either of them are anyone other than who they say they are. If they're alive, we've not encountered them yet.

I totally think Moe is Meppa. I mean I'm not completely convinced, but I think it's a really, really strong possibility.

I don't think Cnaiur's alive, but if he is, then we haven't seen him yet. I'd assume he's chilling up at the Ark.

I totally think Moe is Meppa. I mean I'm not completely convinced, but I think it's a really, really strong possibility.

I don't think Cnaiur's alive, but if he is, then we haven't seen him yet. I'd assume he's chilling up at the Ark.

I would personally hate that reveal. One of the things RSB has said about his work, which standard I believe he has met, is deepening and strengthening the story with each successive volume. To have Moe come back to life will feel like a regression and also pretty much out of the left field for all those readers who do not discuss res Bakkerae ad nauseam.

My main reason for believing it is the Dune connection. I mean the arc fits perfectly with the dad coming back from the desert (being unrecognizable due to years of life in the desert). I think the fact that RSB calls attention to his skin-color with a specific description is interesting -- usually he'd just say Norsirai or Ketyai or whatever. The fact that he's also the most powerful Cishaurim we've seen could fit in as well.

Meppa doesn't seem to act very Moe-ish. Seems to be just an ordinary guy, not particularly powerful, or insightful - especially with regard to the Yatwer mother situation. Now sure, maybe he was just playing the part of someone who is easily baffled, sometimes at a loss for words, etc. But why would he?

My main reason for believing it is the Dune connection. I mean the arc fits perfectly with the dad coming back from the desert (being unrecognizable due to years of life in the desert). I think the fact that RSB calls attention to his skin-color with a specific description is interesting -- usually he'd just say Norsirai or Ketyai or whatever. The fact that he's also the most powerful Cishaurim we've seen could fit in as well.

why is the he the most powerful? I know he's a primary but I remember nothing from the books telling me he's the *most powerful*.

Why would someone even more powerful than Kellhus spend 20 years chillin' in the desert?

because TTT demanded it? Because of Children of Dune? Because he wasn't chilling in dessert he was doing other things we don't know about?

why is the he the most powerful? I know he's a primary but I remember nothing from the books telling me he's the *most powerful*.

Psatma tells us Meppa has an Ocean of the Water inside him.

Admittedly it's possible he's not the most powerful, but he's definitely up there.

Personally I don't think it's Big Moe. How would he hide the scars on his arms?

Archived